Thread: Influence of Pet in Arcane Legends Over Time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exxile View Post
    Idk about everyone else but i personally loved how i had to farm maps to earn eggs... now a days its all about locked crates and platinum that the basics of farming have gone down the drain. Farming now a days is just to get money and i find it kinda boring having to open locks for pets or farm for items to sell for money to buy pets. I loved how back then eggs were farmable and the best pets dropped from bosses. Why cant any mythical pets be dropped from bosses also? Just with a low drop rate... just like recipie. And Arcane pets be dropped from bosses in tombs or mobs in tombs with a low drop rate also. Why has this game become a Lock Dependent game :/
    I feel the same exact way. I understand that the model of having gambling locked crates promotes 'plat binging' where players purchase and use large amounts of platinum in a short period of time. While this may be profitable for STG, it is not sustainable and is not a typical source of revenue for MMORPGs. Typically subscription fees are the primary source of revenue.

Anyway given that subscriptions are not the model of Arcane Legends, I do think that promoting mythic drops (as rare as planar pendant recipe), and arcane drops (as rare as fossil in arena chests for arcane drops) would've been a far superior model. The benefits of this can be viewed from two perspectives.

From the Player POV:
    - additional motivation to farm harder elite maps (that may not have valuable legendary drops)
    - hope that some day you will receive a mythic or arcane drop (much like there is that hope in arena for a recipe/fossil)
    - reduces the dependency on locked crates, and makes players focus more on farming - > increasing the amount of players who farm - > increasing the popularity of Arcane Legends mid to late season (where players generally have nothing to do and quit)
    - Allows f2p players to compete with p2p players

From the STG POV:
    - Decreases Arcane Legends abandonment rates (meaning less players quit the game due to the hopelessness of ever striking it big that most f2p players currently are feeling)
    - Increases the farming of elite maps ... thereby increasing Ankh sales exponentially, and accordingly elixir and potion sales.

In doing something like this to at least compliment locked crates, it'll give players much more to look forward to, will increase player participation in elite farming, and will increase revenue.

So why hasn't this been implemented?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I feel the same exact way. I understand that the model of having gambling locked crates promotes 'plat binging' where players purchase and use large amounts of platinum in a short period of time. While this may be profitable for STG, it is not sustainable and is not a typical source of revenue for MMORPGs. Typically subscription fees are the primary source of revenue.

Anyway given that subscriptions are not the model of Arcane Legends, I do think that promoting mythic drops (as rare as planar pendant recipe), and arcane drops (as rare as fossil in arena chests for arcane drops) would've been a far superior model. The benefits of this can be viewed from two perspectives.

From the Player POV:
    - additional motivation to farm harder elite maps (that may not have valuable legendary drops)
    - hope that some day you will receive a mythic or arcane drop (much like there is that hope in arena for a recipe/fossil)
    - reduces the dependency on locked crates, and makes players focus more on farming - > increasing the amount of players who farm - > increasing the popularity of Arcane Legends mid to late season (where players generally have nothing to do and quit)
    - Allows f2p players to compete with p2p players

From the STG POV:
    - Decreases Arcane Legends abandonment rates (meaning less players quit the game due to the hopelessness of ever striking it big that most f2p players currently are feeling)
    - Increases the farming of elite maps ... thereby increasing Ankh sales exponentially, and accordingly elixir and potion sales.

In doing something like this to at least compliment locked crates, it'll give players much more to look forward to, will increase player participation in elite farming, and will increase revenue.

So why hasn't this been implemented?
    I agree man and if people dont quit it means STG gets more people buying things like u said before. More people = more Ankh buyers and i feel like if this was done STG would be in the same place they are right now... just with more players, more reputatuion, and a long lasting community of Players... just like any other game, there are things like Locked Crates where a player buys some type of game currency and spends it on gambling for items, but there is also another way to obtain those items... might take long but its worth it in the outcome