Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Something to look forward to alongside daily and hourly rune farming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

From what I see, the two sides of this discussion are:

View #1
    -Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
    - Not re-releasing those collectibles
    - Releasing recolored vanities

View #2
    - Re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)

Immediately we can realize that the majority of players (non-collectors) should naturally fall into agreement with View #2 (mostly because they would want to enjoy wearing these rare items as much as the current owners do).
    On the other hand, a minority of players (collectors) should tend towards View #1 (mostly due to the clear perks of wearing a vanity over normal items). But we should not let majority over minority play a role in this, especially because the majority might be making an uninformed judgement call.

Both of these views, from my perspective, are not ideal, and therefore I tend to side with a 3rd view.

View #3
    - NOT Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
    - NOT re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)
    - Releasing new designs over recoloring old ones

Response to View #1:
    Although making collectibles into vanities would be great for looks for the game in general, and especially for collectors like myself, I do see it as being somewhat unfair, as it would be clearly favoring players who own these items. That is not to say the same "favoring" situation has not happened several times and will continue to happen. I just view it as a bad way to handle it.
    In regards to recolored vanities, I believe they are starting to become slightly (and by slightly I mean very) repetitive. The "heraldic" look has already been redone so many times that we don't need to continue having recolors. Also, if you want a recolor you can already buy the steel heraldic, founder, red jester, commando, etc... in auction for relatively cheap. It would be much nicer to instead have new designs that we can appreciate for being unique, just like the original sets once were.

Response to View #2:
    I do not agree with this view either. Re-releasing collectibles is actually a pretty short-sighted idea once we stop to think. Collectibles are only premium items and look apart from the others because they are so rare. Otherwise, if they weren't as exclusive, they would be much less special as they would be commonplace. You can see this with any item. The main reason people buy vanities is for their value in gold. If they're not worth much gold (like the steel heraldic, red jester, etc), players completely forget about them, and the same would happen if collectibles were reintroduced.

My View (#3):
    If you really like these "collectibles" (I don't blame you if you do, they're pretty nice), then instead of asking STS to re-release them, work for them (just like you work during an event or what not). Hunt the item you wish to have; that way you will be happy without making the items any less special.

Just my 2 cents.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post: