Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Weekly Update | 1/12/17 | Bosses drop Ankhs, reduced T4 requirements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yaaay 250k from 400k thank you thank you sts. Finally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Queenofcrows View Post
    Yaaay 250k from 400k thank you thank you sts. Finally
    Haha!

I am grateful for small favors but the reduction in the Community Goal still leaves a large number of very loyal and dedicated players with no real motivation to play. It would be a tremendous incentive to all the players who worked so hard to get to the Elite Rank if we were allowed to continue on with the Quest Line instead of holding us all back. I'm just saying that while the rest of the world is catching up, that leaves many of the 'hardcore' (using the term lightly) players with weeks, if not a couple of months, to go find other games to play. I just don't see why if a company wants us to continue spending time, effort, gold and platinum (if you're a platinum buyer) on their game then why would they slam us to a complete stop against this huge brick wall of a 'community goal' because obviously getting to the proverbial finish line isn't as big of a 'game priority' for everyone, therefore the players who enjoy playing in a hardcore manner in order to be first are now left out in the cold and looking around for other games to play instead of AL. I'm not just talking about long-time players as I know quite a few players who've just started right before the Twilight Expansion who were extremely motivated and very excited to see just how far they could go in the game, but have now stopped playing everyday, every week, or even altogether because they hit the brick wall of the community goal and had nothing to keep them playing. These new players aren't used to the AL way and don't want to keep playing a game where they have to run the same maps they've already completed 2 Billion more times while they wait on a whole community of people they don't even know to catch up. One of my new friends hasn't bothered logging in to play for weeks now ...

Yes, a community goal is a good thing...to a point, but why force the people who actually enjoy playing to the extreme to go at everybody else's pace?! Many want to play hard, win and be first, not sit at the 'finish line' forced to wait on those who don't enjoy playing at the same level. Don't get me wrong, there's no right or wrong way to enjoy playing game as everyone is different but, at the same time please don't force players to conform to playing at just one pace as it causes interest in the game to wane.

This is just my opinion in a public forum so please don't attack me or be rude to me for expressing my viewpoint as I'm not asking anyone to agree or disagree. If you don't want to read about my particular viewpoint then don't ... there's no gun to your head.

Thank you
    Last edited by leoakre; 01-15-2017 at 07:59 AM.