Thread: Guild Wars 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I think you have to invest on NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M or better (or any equivalent).

LOW: 44 FPS
    HIGH: 30 FPS
    ULTRA: 12 FPS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    I think you have to invest on NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M or better (or any equivalent).

LOW: 44 FPS
    HIGH: 30 FPS
    ULTRA: 12 FPS
    Hmm 30 FPS on high. Is that good? Cos apparently 60 FPS is normal.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thelastblink View Post
    Hmm 30 FPS on high. Is that good? Cos apparently 60 FPS is normal.
    That's the lowest you should aim for to at least enjoy exploring the world and open world PvE.

Yes, 60 FPS is normal in desktops especially if you're not in the middle of a huge battle. I can easily achieve 100+ FPS in high setting while in towns and just walking around the map. I'm not even using top components (planning to upgrade again this Christmas). In heavy battles, that number drops down to 30-35 FPS. So that gives you an idea how much heavy battles can affect your FPS.

This means if you're doing 30 FPS or less while doing exploration and world PvE, then your screen will probably stutter a lot when you engage in high battle events or mass PVP in world vs world.

PS: Before I forget, most laptops have their Video Cards attached to their Mother Boards. It's very hard to upgrade laptops piece by piece due to propriety reasons by the manufacturer. People normally buy an entire laptop with an already built-in gaming video card...that will cost you easily $1000....I assembled my desktop for less than $500 and more powerful than a gaming laptop worth $1000 lol. So....I know there are ways to still upgrade laptops but I'm not familiar with that anymore...plus, it's hard to find retail stores that sell laptop parts...sorry I wasn't able to bring this up earlier.

This is non-issue in desktops, parts are everywhere, and assembly is literally like playing Lego
    Last edited by zeusabe; 11-21-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    That's the lowest you should aim for to at least enjoy exploring the world and open world PvE.

Yes, 60 FPS is normal in desktops especially if you're not in the middle of a huge battle. I can easily achieve 100+ FPS in high setting while in towns and just walking around the map. I'm not even using top components (planning to upgrade again this Christmas). In heavy battles, that number drops down to 30-35 FPS. So that gives you an idea how much heavy battles can affect your FPS.

This means if you're doing 30 FPS or less while doing exploration and world PvE, then your screen will probably stutter a lot when you engage in high battle events or mass PVP in world vs world.

PS: Before I forget, most laptops have their Video Cards attached to their Mother Boards. It's very hard to upgrade laptops piece by piece due to propriety reasons by the manufacturer. People normally buy an entire laptop with an already built-in gaming video card...that will cost you easily $1000....I assembled my desktop for less than $500 and more powerful than a gaming laptop worth $1000 lol. So....I know there are ways to still upgrade laptops but I'm not familiar with that anymore...plus, it's hard to find retail stores that sell laptop parts...sorry I wasn't able to bring this up earlier.

This is non-issue in desktops, parts are everywhere, and assembly is literally like playing Lego
    Awww! but thanks for all the info!
    SOOO, In conclusion, if I play GW2 on Intel HD 4000 it is basically impossible to fight in most battles... Aaaand, if I want to play GW2 by upgrading system it would be better off making a whole new computer...
    Therefore, I shouldn't buy GW2 because I can't spend $500.
    Is this correct?