Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Ah ok, that makes more sense! Minus your last sentence... o_O

I wonder how these implants work against major bosses like the Guardian, who have such a tremendous amount of enemy armor it's not even funny - literally, every single normal hit/crit/skill damage is a single-digit number. This is where you'll most likely be pulling high amounts of hits (50-100x) but since there is such a huge reduction in damage, I'm not sure an implant really matters at that point. Maybe the hit% implant, but again we would be pulling off damages such as 5,8,3 which is only a small dent in the Guardian's overall health.

Anyway - great analysis kamikazees!
    hmm I guess that damage implant won't make much of a difference (most likel none) unless mob hp deals with fractions. No idea how SL damage works but some games treat hp as % and work on fraction bases. If that was true, the damage would probably be the best. If fractions are not applied here, then dmg and crit are pointless and just go with hit % *shrug*. However if hp has decimal points and you only see the rounded (floored?) number, then the math is on again and we'd need to figure out how mob armor works and how much armor the guardian has.
    It will be easier once we get higher lvl and will be able to test more powerful weapons against him. So far, he is the only mob with insane amounts of armor :/

Also for the crit argument... there is a simple test. Have a go at the guardian. If you keep hitting him for 5, 6,7 and suddenly hit him for 20, crit is not dependant on the armor, if you hit him for 10, it is. (I just made these numbers up btw... couldn't have been bothered to do the math, but you can see what I am trying to say)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by peacemaster; 08-31-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Peacemaster 30 engi/Slavery 26 com/Skecor 25 OP