Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How does PvP work?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,525 Posts

Details about the mechanics are listed here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...yer-vs.-Player)

The only change I can immediately note is that we've changed the way PvP grouping works. When a player creates a PvP map, only other players within 5 levels above or below will be able to join that map. For example, if a level 25 creates a game, then other players level 20-30 can join.

1.3.1 will add PvP leaderboards and possibly address the class imbalance problem with the attribute-level-skill-conversion-thingy. 1.4 will add new PvP game types.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    1.3.1 will add PvP leaderboards and possibly address the class imbalance problem with the attribute-level-skill-conversion-thingy.
    Love the new name. Can't wait for the ALSCT

Snakespeare, the best way to find PvP games is to just go to the join game screen, and filter for PvP only. If you want to find players to join you, I would still go to Forest Haven just because more people, regardless of level, hang out there. Hopefully, more people will start hanging out in the Weald looking for games. I think if they added the leaderboards as something you had to go to the Weald to see, that might do the trick.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Hey, the Ursan Trainer wears a floppy fishing hat now! Cool!

OK, so this time when I click on "I want to fight, right now!" it took me to Forest Manor and there were others there. Much better. It was fun until someone several levels higher killed me with one shot. I hit him with everything - and he didn't die, then his big battlesword came down and I was done for... But I will go back with a bigger sword. ;P

edit: LOL! I went back in and, yeah, Paladin is pretty fierce build even at 11th level. This might work.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 08-16-2010 at 06:42 PM.