Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another GUILD-KICKER detected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

if name calling is tolerated it just gets in more drama, and some people seriously cannot tell the difference between griefing and agressive playing, or scamming and agressive merching, ive seen people on ucs say they have been scammed, but what really happened was that they were unhappy about the trade after the trade, so zero tolerence for name calling really is the best way to go here, doesnt take much to post a name lol, if a player feels another player has violated the TOS, then it should be taken up with support instead of involving everybody
    and this rarely happen to well built guilds really, where the guild is properly structured with an even distribution of officers, recruiters and members online at any given point of time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Individual disputes must be resolved by an impartial third party, in this case, Sam. The messageboard is for generally talking about problems, sharing tips, etc., and not for individual disputes. They just don't want that energy here.

But I can think of other reasons for this "nettiquette" rule. First, if you call someone out, their friends might rush to their defense. I used to play with someone of the same name and he quit about nine months ago. He actually rage quit and gave away all his stuff. I got some, I know. So, if this is my old friend, I have a hard time believing it. he must have deleted his main and now this other guy is using it. But as you can see, the first thing I am going to think twhen I read his name here is that the OP must have a personal vendetta about my old friend and what he posted can't possibly be true.

But it is not for me to decide that. See? I am not an impartial third party.

So.... I agree with the one who posted "fixed" and I think you should go back and remove the name from the OP.

on the other hand, I do feel for ya... It would really upset me if this happened in my guild!

Remember, they are paying Sam to do this, we don't need to resolve it with mob rule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Individual disputes must be resolved by an impartial third party, in this case, Sam. The messageboard is for generally talking about problems, sharing tips, etc., and not for individual disputes. They just don't want that energy here.

But I can think of other reasons for this "nettiquette" rule. First, if you call someone out, their friends might rush to their defense. I used to play with someone of the same name and he quit about nine months ago. He actually rage quit and gave away all his stuff. I got some, I know. So, if this is my old friend, I have a hard time believing it. he must have deleted his main and now this other guy is using it. But as you can see, the first thing I am going to think twhen I read his name here is that the OP must have a personal vendetta about my old friend and what he posted can't possibly be true.

But it is not for me to decide that. See? I am not an impartial third party.

So.... I agree with the one who posted "fixed" and I think you should go back and remove the name from the OP.

on the other hand, I do feel for ya... It would really upset me if this happened in my guild!

Remember, they are paying Sam to do this, we don't need to resolve it with mob rule. Unless the mob is lead by the wonderful amazing and brilliant player called StompArtist. Then it's all good.
    Corrected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Guild kickers and scammers deserve to be called out on the forums. If someone purposefully scams someone out of items, people NEED to know asap, so that they can avoid trading with them. Same goes for guild kickers. Its urgent to know asap.

IMO of course.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    I don't see why we can't call people out for this stuff on the forums.
    If they're breaking a rule that punishable with a permanent ban...why shouldn't we slander their name?

It's like if there is a murderer on the loose in your neighborhood, but the news just tells you he's out there and police have been notified because they're not allowed to tell you who he is or what he looks like.
    Because when you do we only know your side of the story. You could be lying for all we know and another's person's rep has been tarnished because of it. I'm not saying you ARE lying, I'm just saying that's how it could happen and that's why it's best to just email support and let STS handle it in private. For example, I could start the same exact thread as you but say it was you booting from my guild when in fact it never happened. You're a member of the forums so you could defend yourself if you saw it but if you weren't a member or even if you didn't see it for a few days, your reputation could suffer before it all gets sorted out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Because when you do we only know your side of the story. You could be lying for all we know and another's person's rep has been tarnished because of it. I'm not saying you ARE lying, I'm just saying that's how it could happen and that's why it's best to just email support and let STS handle it in private. For example, I could start the same exact thread as you but say it was you booting from my guild when in fact it never happened. You're a member of the forums so you could defend yourself if you saw it but if you weren't a member or even if you didn't see it for a few days, your reputation could suffer before it all gets sorted out.
    Ok, so next time I find someone who kicks everyone from guilds, I'll just let it go unknown to the public and just report it.
    Then for the next week, he'll join guild after guild doing it to everyone until he's eventually banned.

Hope this doesn't happen to your guild!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post

Hope this doesn't happen to your guild!
    It won't

IMO, calling them out has to be put into context. Although he (the booter) is mostly at fault, there's question on why he became an officer in the first place. As far as I know, that's what the recruiter rank is for. Again, both sides to every story. We only hear the guild's side. With the odds, that booter has a forum account, comes to this thread, ignites flames, the rest is history and adds to why calling out isn't exactly encouraged.

However, if you have someone that is fully at fault (hacker, actual cheater, etc), by all means call him out. Remember that thread when someone pointed out a bot by calling them out? That thread only did good as far as I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I have to agree with some of these points tho, when the story isnt just black and white and there is a shade of grey it would depend on the member telling the story. (sorry to name you but your above my post) say Elly did the same as the OP believing that it was needed as this had become a massive problem, and is easily shown as 'ruining someone else's game experience'. Who is to say that he was right or wrong in doing so? Also as his reputation and respect in this community proceeds him who would judge? (though he prob would bring it up with STS directly either if they did or not )

I seriously think that a previous suggestion should be looked into, as where an 'Officer' should only be able to boot say 5 members per day (24hrs). If there was a disband, you would just ask the party to leave the guild, which im sure they would if this was to happen. This would cut down these attempts massively, and the 5 that did get booted would be re-recruited with no problem, if you weren't sure who either a log could be introduced for the GM or a simple msg from STS support naming these 5-10 (48hrs).

Totally off subject i know, but it would be beneficial to members and STS in general for something like this to be implemented.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Of course, the accused is just as free to come on here and defend their "honor" as the op is to come on here and call them out for being a griefing dirtbag.

-----
    Sent from my Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    Of course, the accused is just as free to come on here and defend their "honor" as the op is to come on here and call them out for being a griefing dirtbag.

-----
    Sent from my Evo 3D
    But that would cause a fight, which is why it's not wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    But that would cause a fight, which is why it's not wise.
    Sort of like what's already happened in here?

-----
    Sent from my Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think he had every right to be called out here on forums. I was present when he was gloating about what he did. I sent a detailed email to STS and also talked to the GM of the guild he did it to. The GM as well reported him and he will hopefully be banned. The booter believes he did nothing wrong and was really talking it all up on how he did in B* lobby. To answer the question of "how did he even become an officer?" What are we supposed to do? Never report anyone to the officer rank? The booter didn't gain officer over night. He went out of his way to be nice to his GM, he was helpful and showed that he was trusting and worth the position. The GM believed he was his friend. Then once he obtained the position waited to boot the members. The guild has taken a stance against him though and as I knew yesterday that they had obtained more than 200 of their members back. Hopefully this person will be banned for life, but unfortunately somoetimes it can't be avoided. You have to trust your instincts and your gut as a GM.
    Think you have what it takes to be a Phoenix? Apply Here: http://phoenix-guild.forumotion.com
    GM of Phoenix: Criostal-Lvl 46 Engineer | AoB: CriostalAoB-Lvl 10 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    an 'Officer' should only be able to boot say 5 members per day (24hrs). This would cut down these attempts massively, and the 5 that did get booted would be re-recruited with no problem. If you weren't sure who either a log could be introduced for the GM or a simple msg from STS support naming these 5-10 (48hrs).
    I really want to thank BodMaster for this smart suggestion and to highlight this for Sam or other devs who might lookup this thread. This WILL help!!

Hey, bro, will you post it to 'feedback and suggestions'?
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

That would be awesome. I'd love to see who recruits who.
    I'm always trying to stay on track with new recruits and who recruited them. That log would totally help.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    I really want to thank BodMaster for this smart suggestion and to highlight this for Sam or other devs who might lookup this thread. This WILL help!!

Hey, bro, will you post it to 'feedback and suggestions'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardon View Post
    That would be awesome. I'd love to see who recruits who.
    I'm always trying to stay on track with new recruits and who recruited them. That log would totally help.
    Thanks both, but this was a load of ideas thrown into one a while back. Cant find it anywhere, tho this was pretty much the end product, except you could do alot more with the log. Like leave messages for members/officers or the other way around leaving them for the GM while offline like a kind of notice board. Also the GM could still boot as many as they like this would be mostly for griefing from Officers. Would prefer the limit on booting if not anything, as the log would take a little time to implement.

If you want you could do so Flash, I like the way you word things but if needed I have no problem with bringing it up again

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Btw guys, i was sellin some stuff at Shoppe recently and noticed that Pipenain is still not banned - he's sellin some stuff too..
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    Sort of like what's already happened in here?
    Can't agree about we fight here.. Seems more like a constructive discussion with 'pros' and 'cons'
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    If you want you could do so Flash, I like the way you word things but if needed I have no problem with bringing it up again
    Thanks in return))

I will 'word it out'
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Our position in matters like this, here and in the real world, is not to punish (e.g. slander them in the forums), but to report report them to those that first verify the facts and act accordingly (i.e. sts).

If we start calling names here that would be vigilantism.

Civilians are not allowed to call such punitive actions because civilians is the group that also holds the a-holes that need to be subject to such punitive to begin with. Vigilantism could only be called for if the powers that be were unable to or unwilling to take action. That is hardly the case here.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    Our position in matters like this, here and in the real world, is not to punish (e.g. slander them in the forums), but to report report them to those that first verify the facts and act accordingly (i.e. sts).

If we start calling names here that would be vigilantism.

Civilians are not allowed to call such punitive actions because civilians is the group that also holds the a-holes that need to be subject to such punitive to begin with. Vigilantism could only be called for if the powers that be were unable to or unwilling to take action. That is hardly the case here.
    And again. Punishment in any way is not the case here

The point of this post is to precaution GMs while STS takes legal actions. And as I posted earlier, I still can see this guy sellin goods..
    click my sig to join