Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime, we gotta talk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by helpguy View Post
    Wow lowly....I respect you for this I've been waiting for a post like this for a long time, and I agree with you. When the trials (ao3) came out it blew my mind then sewers It was meh and then nuri's was good and then fang absoluatally was horrible, also the gear wasn't new other than the pinks and purple gear for the most part. That's why I quit playing the games...I'm only on the forums now I'm rarely on pl and or sl. Lowly I love ur choice of words by the way, and I couldn't type that without putting profane words in it i defiantly agree with you....STS what do u have to say to that post? Haha probably nothing one of the devs will probably end up removing it...
    The devs have not removed any posts/threads with criticism for the sole reason that it's criticism. They do not 'remove' threads/posts, with the usual exceptions. (Ex. Flaming, trolling, etc.) Just to make that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    And now to your recent decision to make "level anywhere" elixers. This decision just baffled me to no end at first, why would a company that attempted to outlaw powerleveling with the decision to make maps level restricted even think to make something like this? Now i know. I decided to join an AO2 game today to work on my 42 and saw something that just disgusted me, literally 20 locked games of Plasma Pyramid all with one person in them and the max level of the group was in the 60's. It actually shocked me so much that i had to put the game down.
    From your explanation, it seems that the person was farming gold, probably without the use of elixirs... Why is that so disgusting and shocking to you?
    Last edited by 13lacklegionz; 12-04-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

They are? Haha I didn't notice that! I'm not skel tho...nobody could ever know who my pl character is! Mwahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhaahhahahahahhaha! Seriously tho haha I think that's kinda funny!
    Hehe.... np
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by 13lacklegionz View Post
    Wow lowly....I respect you for this I've been waiting for a post like this for a long time, and I agree with you. When the trials (ao3) came out it blew my mind then sewers It was meh and then nuri's was good and then fang absoluatally was horrible, also the gear wasn't new other than the pinks and purple gear for the most part. That's why I quit playing the games...I'm only on the forums now I'm rarely on pl and or sl. Lowly I love ur choice of words by the way, and I couldn't type that without putting profane words in it i defiantly agree with you....STS what do u have to say to that post? Haha probably nothing one of the devs will probably end up removing it...
    The devs have not removed any posts/threads with criticism for the sole reason that it's criticism. They do not 'remove' threads/posts, with the usual exceptions. (Ex. Flaming, trolling, etc.) Just to make that clear.
    I know haha I'm just stating a point...they will probably get mad when they read this or frustrated

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    They are? Haha I didn't notice that! I'm not skel tho...nobody could ever know who my pl character is! Mwahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhaahhahahahahhaha! Seriously tho haha I think that's kinda funny!
    Hehe.... np
    Wait.....are u saying I'm skel or we are brothers?!?!?! That would be weird! Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 13lacklegionz:502053
    Exactly why I made sure to keep any flaming aspects out of the OP, I want this thread seen and discussed, not flamed and deleted.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Exactly why I made sure to keep any flaming aspects out of the OP, I want this thread seen and discussed, not flamed and deleted.
    Haha, made a thread.
    Made it trolly. Not jolly.
    Was mad.
    Better not have been deleted without someone reading it through COMPLETELY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:502048
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuy0502:502043
    Hey lowly do u still play SL?
    Not too often no. Been twinkering around in PL for a while.

EDIT: Sorcerorssoul, stop flaming like now. It's getting real old. If you want to flame someone then get out of my thread and do it via pm. Your heat is not appreciated here.
    Edit: I probably already ruined your thread but I cleared my posts. My apologies, it will not happen again
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Fine, I'm at dinner, but some want to see my boring opinion. Via iPod, so be prepared for typos and autocorrect fails.

To be honest, I kind of agree. Though I have different views. So I am going to start with what you said and then branch on to mine.

I know a lot of the community, and I know a lot of people are unhappy. Yeah, you can't make everyone happy, but you can try. STS was very into it when I started. We had STS contests, like the birthday cake contest, the fiery weapons design contest, and the others. Where have you been STS? It's been a while. I sent a dev a idea for a possible contest. Emote design contest. No reply. Involvement is definately lacking. That's why everyone is leeching to Pandar. Nice community guy and is into it. STS has little involvement now a days, because there focus is stuck. They are focused on making recycled campaigns with minor perks to increase quality. They are only making themselves more work. The idea of lose campaigns like that is only making me wish for revamps, which has only happened with Forest Haven and is needed in Dark Forest. I have suggested several times that they do so, with no avail. Power hungry is the wrong word. What power are they grabbing for? Of course like any business, they have to feed their families. I'll contradict myself a sec and say that they are recycling, but they aren't. Let's break it down. They are taking the scenery of Castle content, bricks and such, and putting it into a lay out. They added rooted bosses and, and Rey listened to my idea of adding mini bosses in rooms like AO3. May I ask your sources on their financial situation? I am not trying to be petty, just asking. Like I said, they are focused on old layouts. The faster they release campaigns, the faster they get the money from people power leveling. I don't want to see this game go to level 101, and continue. I would like to see them take their time, and do a new campaign, give it 6 months instead of 3 and in that 6 months, they do a revamp. There is no need for rush. I'm 15, not a business man, so I know they have more logic behind the business industry than I do. They could make awesome content, but yes, they are focused on the idea of platinum. I don't think the In Honor of 1 year of Android was a coincidence. I think it was planned. They made their community happy by doing a half of month XP event, and they would have a increase of platinum sales during then. They figured, instead of ending it, why not Just leave it, and give the reason of Android Anniversary. You think they did the 1 platinum elixirs for money? That's 1 platinum. That's an app on Tapjoy. Also remember they have been working on the Google Chrome version. So let's wait and see what's going on with that. How could those locked games shock you? It's not that big of a deal and you knew it was bound to happen. No one has the time because we are focused on other things. I want to be in this community to make it better, and you know all I want to be is a player, that does as much as I can do in game and on forums in place of the devs. I am on iPod so I am babbling and not reading the comments. There are a lot of things that could fix this game.
    -PvP focus on new maps and styles, we haven't had a new map since shadow caves
    -Ground. Why is it all flat and there is no realistic feature to it.
    -Revamps. Dark Forest has nothing. Let's fix it. We want to help new players. Why not put something in lower level townes and digeons that would attract high-levels.
    -Backround fixtures. I was in AO Towne and all I saw around the edges was orange.
    -Much more, but I don't have time to write it all.
    I hope you you understand where I am coming from and I respect you Lowly as you were one of the people that built a foundation in this game for me. I hope those who wanted to see what my opinion was realized the anticipated comment wasn't that fulfilling. Thanks

-we
    Last edited by WoundedEagle; 12-04-2011 at 06:49 PM.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Haha, made a thread.
    Made it trolly. Not jolly.
    Was mad.
    Better not have been deleted without someone reading it through COMPLETELY.
    Haha I just finished reading it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just think about this: have you ever seen ANY mobile game, even a paid one, more amazing than the ones STS has made? For me, they blow away any competition, for a price of nothing. Plat is optional. The people making the game can't make money from the people who don't buy plat. They can't be 100% loyal and dedicated to their players either. They can't throw away their career and profit so they can appease every single one of their customers. If you were working, wouldn't you want to take advantage of any chance to make money? Business is about making money, not trying to please everyone. I have personally never bought any platinum, yet I'm perfectly content with the game. I just hope everyone can take the time to consider what's in this for the devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul View Post
    Edit: I probably already ruined your thread but I cleared my posts. My apologies, it will not happen again
    Actually, for the people who have just read this thread, it seems that you have just gone had a moment of deep realization, or insanity, and have edited 4+ posts with 'cleared'.

All's good! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I have made it through all the comments! Whew, but anyway, I just want it down that I agree with the OP. As addicting as PL is, it isn't Pokemon. That is, the same formula won't work forever. There must be spice and there must be motivation. There aren't Legendary Pokemon but there are legendary items, so I agree, I want content that is new and refreshing. When I look at Fang(the most recent content to go by), do I see new and refreshing? Hmm...

As for Platinum, no, you don't have to pay to play but when you don't pay and what you get is only okay, you don't play (oh my gosh, so many Ys). So does that mean paying makes it better? I think not. I've only bought a Thrasher once...and that was it. Wasn't mind-blowing, but it was convenient and everything else I've bought using Tapjoy offers. If SpaceTime doesn't require that I pay...then arguments are made that if I don't pay I can't complain, does that mean I should remain silent? Therefore, there are two points Nuri and Fang that make a trend here. I, and I'm sure other anonymous peoplez, don't want the third point to continue this trend.

Recycling...I can understand recycling models but a tweak tweak here and a tweak tweak there to something already existent is noticeable. Those Doom weapons sure made a splash though! So let's see more Doom-esque weapons -rambling over-
    Last edited by Roc; 12-04-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

When I first joined PL I remember seeing the devs in-game all the time as well as the forums...Now I haven't seen JustG post or in-game for months. Same goes with all of the original devs...Where are you guys? You need to return your focus to us--The customers...Cuz, when it all boils down. We provide your pay checks and we deserve more interaction with you guys.
    Last edited by Cascade; 12-04-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    When I first joined PL I remember seeing the devs in-game all the time as well as the forums...Now I haven't seen JustG post or in-game for months. Same goes with all of the original devs...Where are you guys? You need to return your focus to us--The customers...Cuz, when it all boils down. We provide your pay checks and we deserve more interaction with you guys.
    We don't need interaction with 'em, we just need 'em to get off the bum and redesign what they have next for us, because history says that it's a repaint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaster:502079
    Just think about this: have you ever seen ANY mobile game, even a paid one, more amazing than the ones STS has made? For me, they blow away any competition, for a price of nothing. Plat is optional. The people making the game can't make money from the people who don't buy plat. They can't be 100% loyal and dedicated to their players either. They can't throw away their career and profit so they can appease every single one of their customers. If you were working, wouldn't you want to take advantage of any chance to make money? Business is about making money, not trying to please everyone. I have personally never bought any platinum, yet I'm perfectly content with the game. I just hope everyone can take the time to consider what's in this for the devs.
    This is the post that hit the nail on the head. Everyone wants fresh content, but that costs millions. We need thousands and thousands of new players. Let's try to see it from their perspective.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaster View Post
    I would take a chance to make money...
    But I wouldn't upset the customers.
    There is a balance.
    They just stepped over the line from a perfect harmony to hornswoggling little children.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:502076
    Fine, I'm at dinner, but some want to see my boring opinion. Via iPod, so be prepared for typos and autocorrect fails.

To be honest, I kind of agree. Though I have different views. So I am going to start with what you said and then branch on to mine.

I know a lot of the community, and I know a lot of people are unhappy. Yeah, you can't make everyone happy, but you can try. STS was very into it when I started. We had STS contests, like the birthday cake contest, the fiery weapons design contest, and the others. Where have you been STS? It's been a while. I sent a dev a idea for a possible contest. Emote design contest. No reply. Involvement is definately lacking. That's why everyone is leeching to Pandar. Nice community guy and is into it. STS has little involvement now a days, because there focus is stuck. They are focused on making recycled campaigns with minor perks to increase quality. They are only making themselves more work. The idea of lose campaigns like that is only making me wish for revamps, which has only happened with Forest Haven and is needed in Dark Forest. I have suggested several times that they do so, with no avail. Power hungry is the wrong word. What power are they grabbing for? Of course like any business, they have to feed their families. I'll contradict myself a sec and say that they are recycling, but they aren't. Let's break it down. They are taking the scenery of Castle content, bricks and such, and putting it into a lay out. They added rooted bosses and, and Rey listened to my idea of adding mini bosses in rooms like AO3. May I ask your sources on their financial situation? I am not trying to be petty, just asking. Like I said, they are focused on old layouts. The faster they release campaigns, the faster they get the money from people power leveling. I don't want to see this game go to level 101, and continue. I would like to see them take their time, and do a new campaign, give it 6 months instead of 3 and in that 6 months, they do a revamp. There is no need for rush. I'm 15, not a business man, so I know they have more logic behind the business industry than I do. They could make awesome content, but yes, they are focused on the idea of platinum. I don't think the In Honor of 1 year of Android was a coincidence. I think it was planned. They made their community happy by doing a half of month XP event, and they would have a increase of platinum sales during then. They figured, instead of ending it, why not Just leave it, and give the reason of Android Anniversary. You think they did the 1 platinum elixirs for money? That's 1 platinum. That's an app on Tapjoy. Also remember they have been working on the Google Chrome version. So let's wait and see what's going on with that. How could those locked games shock you? It's not that big of a deal and you knew it was bound to happen. No one has the time because we are focused on other things. I want to be in this community to make it better, and you know all I want to be is a player, that does as much as I can do in game and on forums in place of the devs. I am on iPod so I am babbling and not reading the comments. There are a lot of things that could fix this game.
    -PvP focus on new maps and styles, we haven't had a new map since shadow caves
    -Ground. Why is it all flat and there is no realistic feature to it.
    -Revamps. Dark Forest has nothing. Let's fix it. We want to help new players. Why not put something in lower level townes and digeons that would attract high-levels.
    -Backround fixtures. I was in AO Towne and all I saw around the edges was orange.
    -Much more, but I don't have time to write it all.
    I hope you you understand where I am coming from and I respect you Lowly as you were one of the people that built a foundation in this game for me. I hope those who wanted to see what my opinion was realized the anticipated comment wasn't that fulfilling. Thanks

-we

I read it all. Ty for posting your comment now eat. Also you made 2 mistakes only lol. You put rey instead of they which made me laugh thought I would point it out since I was like, "Who the heck is Rey?"
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

There is a balance.
    They just stepped over the line from a perfect harmony to hornswoggling little children.
    Deleted your thread? noooo devs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    There is a balance.
    I noticed to! I wonder why? Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:502103

I saw that too, eh oh well lol.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.