Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2017-01-18 Content Update (221631)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Removing mana and making it so that health is higher than mana seems like a bad change.

Having heal do such low amounts of heal is even worse now that mages received such a large nerf to mana and armor. Mages may have needed a slight nerf to armor, but nerfing them roughly 180ish armor on top of a 500ish mana reduction seems way too drastic.

Seems like DEX will rule now in pvp, considering STR sets have been bad because they did not receive an armor buff from a prior update like patch notes say they did, and INT sets received such a large nerf today. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more bow mages in pvp now.

EDIT: yep. bow mages seem to destroy wand mages now.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 01-18-2017 at 09:18 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mymysticalmage View Post
    Also, what was the point in nerfing mages heal if you were going to nerf mage/int in general? Jilsponie has a point. Its pretty backwards. I paid 35m+ in coins and sold all the vanity i have such as angel set. Just so i could pvp. Basically destroying int mages. Now dex mages and birds op. Since one reason you guys nerfed mage was because people were complaining about it. Can you nerf them too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Onepropally View Post
    What my thoughts are on a "balanced" pvp is not equal stats for every char, but for each class to have an advantage over the other. I call it the Rock Paper Scissors balance. Bears should have the most health, armor, health regen. Birds should have the most dodge(3x more than bears) and half the amount of crit mages would have, but very low armor. Mages would have 4x the amount of crit bears have, 50/50 health and mana and a lot of mana regen with a little bit more armor than birds. I think 50/50 mana health ration for mages is very fair considering they have mana to use as health. Idk about this, it's just my thoughts on what a balanced pvp would be like cinco. What do you think?
    This is not backwards, infect manapool was gone to wrong-wards, if you look at any previous decent level cap items, you find that direct mana wasn't there. Along with the fact that high attribute points already giving high mana, thus no class deserve such mana, only creates imbalance and favour one particular class. Only mana from all endgame items have been nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Removing mana and making it so that health is higher than mana seems like a bad change.

Having heal do such low amounts of heal is even worse now that mages received such a large nerf to mana and armor. Mages may have needed a slight nerf to armor, but nerfing them roughly 180ish armor on top of a 500ish mana reduction seems way too drastic.

Seems like DEX will rule now in pvp, considering STR sets have been bad because they did not receive an armor buff from a prior update like patch notes say they did, and INT sets received such a large nerf today. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more bow mages in pvp now.

EDIT: yep. bow mages seem to destroy wand mages now.
    Bow mages have high dmg but loose significant amount of health & mana pool, armor, that's where wand mages can easily find their scope of advantage.

Although many mages gone derex talon set, and strax they'll soon find that wand set is better than talon set in lots of aspects and most will be back to wand.

Infect now there will be some diversity some will be dex and some int and also we will see birds and bears back on arena unlike before where we could find only like one and two bear/bird and still because of the fact that they could be helpful in 3-3 or they could hide behind their guildies.

Sure int set could get a little less armor nerf but for that blaster/derex/strax also should get adequate changes.
    Last edited by Waug; 01-19-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Bow mages have high dmg but loose significant amount of health & mana pool, armor, that's where wand mages can easily find their scope of advantage.

Although many mages gone derex talon set, and strax they'll soon find that wand set is better than talon set in lots of aspects and most will be back to wand.

Infect now there will be some diversity some will be dex and some int and also we will see birds and bears back on arena unlike before where we could find only like one and two bear/bird and still because of the fact that they could be helpful in 3-3 or they could hide behind their guildies.

Sure int set could get a little less armor nerf but for that blaster/derex/strax also should get adequate changes.
    Have you even checked stats on bow mages and wand mages since the update?

Bow mages have more armor than wand mages now. Why is it that wand mages wearing a set with a shield have less armor than a mage wearing only arzac bow with derex helm and armor which has no shield?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Have you even checked stats on bow mages and wand mages since the update?

Bow mages have more armor than wand mages now. Why is it that wand mages wearing a set with a shield have less armor than a mage wearing only arzac bow with derex helm and armor which has no shield?
    That's true I didn't but it should be cause blaster got armor and damage buff several times.

BUT STILL blaster mage IS WEAKER in some way and the scope of advantage I talked is still there but definitely there should be diversity in class and builds.