Thread: Elites on mage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I run a bit more of a "suicide" build which sounds right if I were to call it anything. I only do PVE and I have done many a tindirin elite with this build with great results. Don't try it without a good PT. I may switch light for ice for added mob control.

5/5 Light
    5/5 Fire
    5/5 Gale
    5/5 Clock

passives
    5/5 crit
    5/5 int
    5/5 dex
    5/5 str

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazezon View Post
    I run a bit more of a "suicide" build which sounds right if I were to call it anything. I only do PVE and I have done many a tindirin elite with this build with great results. Don't try it without a good PT. I may switch light for ice for added mob control.

5/5 Light
    5/5 Fire
    5/5 Gale
    5/5 Clock

passives
    5/5 crit
    5/5 int
    5/5 dex
    5/5 str
    I'm not gonna deny that Gale in the right hands is an awesome skill that can save your *** and wrangle mobs, but this build is exactly as you call it, suicide - which needs no definition. It does more harm to yourself than good no matter how skilled you are as it forces your pty to make up for your slack since you can't defend yourself properly, which you even preface yourself.

I have tried to run builds like this in the past and I'm no slouch or noob when it comes to skills - all it does is farm deaths and pots at an unsustainable rate. Now if you're running pty's with Mauls and geared out teams this is another story altogether, which im guessing is the case for you since I know what it's like to farm with players like this, but I digress.

Imho, shield isn't just preferred in elites it's pretty much a requisite, new to elites or not.

Why? Because Sorc skills pull massive amounts of aggro due to our high dam, even with a good pty. I can tell you with a 100% assurance that even with my shield up and a warrior spamming every aggro stealing skill he's got I still get maimed because of how much I'm pissing off mobs. So to me it's wonder you can stay alive at all.

So unless you're planning to hide behind your pty I do not recommend a four skill build like this.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post: