Thread: What SL has become.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I grow tired of the only responce to player complaints is, "you don't have to buy plat" or "other games sell stuff to get by".

That isnt the point, and never has been.

Being able to buy almost anything you need makes the game hollow. Makes accomplishments meaningless.

Plat gear is not deficient to custom gear. You want that dodge heavy set: plat. Oh yeah, you want that pink shield for that set bonus: plat. Have fun in pvp without that set bonus with any future gear they release.

Futhermore: although I do not need to buy vanity, have you ever met a human being that wasnt just a widdle ocd. Who really wants that kitty. Fair enough, you want that item, pay for it.

But why are so many more vanity items available for purchase than drop? Shipyard added no new vanity. Oh wait, yeah it did. Just plat only.

Enjoy the movie/acting themed vanity that drops in a shipyard.

Yes you can buy items in wow. Course its illegal sites that blizzard spends considerable time trying to police and shut down. In the process locking accounts and banning numerous players on both buyer and seller sides.

The point isn't just what is plat and what isn't, its the pattern that emerges. Looking at the changes in game design and item implementation from pocket legends to star legends, this game is like they learned from PL how to bring in more money.

Which is fine, to a degree. When a game is, with each new expansion, more geared towards influencing the bottom line than in giving *new game content* and not just similar_dungeon_v5.26, I begin to have an issue.

Yes I know pvp is coming. I'm tired of hearing that. There are multiple game modes (survival, race, etc...) that could come out with a minimum of class balance compared to full out pvp.

How about quests that aren't pointless. I remember a quest in beta, the end of a long chain, that ended with you getting a back slot. The only way to get that back slot for your set. Pretty awesome. I played with purpose.

Where has that gone?

I will end on this:

I love this game. Ive wanted a portable mmo since everquest 13 years ago. I pay for this game. I've payed a dev's rent more than once these last few months. I'll do what I want with my money etc...

But, when I see a 500 plat pet... It isn't that high to be coveted or rare. It was the first pet. It was high to see if they could. They could and did. Make it really expensive, release deal of day at half price, oh what a deal!!!, cash in on the ocd to an almost extortionist degree, release future pets at normal prices, damage already done.

Bestbuy marking up something 20% before placing it on sale for 15% isn't a deal.

Releasing the first of something in a game that has a long downtime with nothing to do but collect stuff, at dumb high price, just to mark it down so people flood purchase it before it jumps back to 500... Isn't a deal.

It's maneuvering. Maneuvering me from my money. And I'll have none if it.

I support this game, and as such, I have a right to be critical of it. Otherwise I'll better deal this game the second its competition is released. I'd much rather stay here though, in a game I have a vested interest in.

Don't like a community that cares? Don't like complaint threads? Might wanna stay out of the suggestions forum where people air their thoughts.

Woof...

Testament - Foxy Engineer
    Sparkling Pwnies
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 11-26-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post: