Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57237)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klemen View Post
    jealous? be happy for those who received the shield
    Actually, I think it's the opposite -- he has it and isn't happy with it.

Unless you're a collector, you're not going to consider the shield worth the 15 bucks or so you spent for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Actually, I think it's the opposite -- he has it and isn't happy with it.

Unless you're a collector, you're not going to consider the shield worth the 15 bucks or so you spent for it.
    You would've spent the 15 bucks anyway to get all the dungeons anyway, and the shield is just a bonus thrown in. They coulda given nothing. Not saying I like the plat-for-elixirs thing one bit, but they certainly weren't obligated to give out a shield (or a helm) at all, and to complain about bonus-shield-that-directly-cost-nothing's stats is silly. Sure I wish it had better stats, as I don't twink, but again...didn't cost me anything I hadn't already spent happily.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-18-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Things change. Just like many of the mobile apps out there, they start out expensive and eventually their prices drop or they become free. That doesn't change the fact that you've enjoyed countless hours of fun and entertainment already from the plat you spent. Who cares if someone gets it for free now. It doesn't change your play experience and the enjoyment you've gained from the money you spent.
    excuse me, mobile apps and online in-game items are totally different case to compare. you are like comparing an insurance package and a personal computer. the price of pc can drop as times go by. but the monthly payment of the insurance package (the return sum of money you get and the final cost of it) will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    You would've spent the 15 bucks anyway to get all the dungeons anyway, and the shield is just a bonus thrown in. They coulda given nothing. Not saying I like the plat-for-elixirs thing one bit, but they certainly weren't obligated to give out a shield (or a helm) at all, and to complain about bonus-shield-that-directly-cost-nothing's stats is silly. Sure I wish it had better stats, as I don't twink, but again...didn't cost me anything I hadn't already spent happily.
    do you actually understand our point of view? the shield is not comparable to a refund. its just like if you sell someone a dish that was found spoil, you can refund him/her with just a pack of tissue paper? its either you make a same dish for him/her or a full cash refund.
    Last edited by Skyler84; 04-18-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I only spent the $15 bc it was the only way I could play the game and there was no indication of it ever being offered for free (just like the plat faces I bought).
    It's not the same as a full game going on sale. Yes, I've bought games on sale and yes, I've bought games at full price that went on sale shortly after. But I made the decision each time to buy at full price or wait till it went on sale.
    Just like I could do for any item that comes out. Buy it when it just comes out, or later for cheaper.

But this is different. What STS keeps doing is changing their entire pay scheme. Things that cost money for some are now free. And things that used to be free (ie. Bought with gold) now cost money. It's one thing to put something on sale after a while (like the dungeon packs) and another to just turn everything upside-down and topsy-turvy. And then assume that a less-than-useful item will make up for it all.