Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Removal of CD of Energy Balls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

honestly this is not a good idea and will split people in all guilds.
    having shortcuts to the boss for plat like during the tarlok event is fine,
    but keeping people from farming together during an event will only make a lot of players loose interest in this (great) game.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I have to agree with others here that games that have energy bars to limit playing time normally wont keep my attention long. I stop playing them very shortly and normally just remove them after a while. With the limited time I can actually play I would rather play as long a I can in the amount of time I have.

This is what happens when people complain about low prices of event gear tho. Sts is trying to limit them about people will be able to farm to keep prices high.

If it stayed the same as the tarlok event I would be happy. As a collector is rather gear prices stay low anyway.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The feedback is appreciated, and while some of the things being mentioned here may ring true, you may wish to wait until you see how things are implemented before jumping to conclusions We're very wary of avoiding "pay-to-win" scenarios, as well as keeping tabs on the communities experience as a whole. We think players will enjoy the system, as it should be thought of as a nice addition for a limited time and not a permanent replacement for the flow of AL. We're certainly not recreating Dark Legends energy in Arcane Legends, since as someone pointed out that did not go too well! The Event system is designed to be in addition to the current game, and not as a hard swap. Players that don't want to participate are welcome not to, and everyone is able to participate if they wish.

Bosses will have a chance to drop energy, to answer one of the many questions I can get into before we unveil more about the event. Keep the feedback coming, and we'll take into consideration elements we feel pertain to the system we have designed.
    Last edited by Carapace; 05-14-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha:1637339
    I agree, this energy thing sounds terrible. We already have a lot of people playing less due to crafting waits, lack of appropriate things to farm at our level, and boredom. If you make an event where people have such a limited opportunity to participate before getting told they have to plat, you will lose a ton of interest from the community for the duration of the event.

Honestly, if i start a game, and after doing something 3 times, I am told I need to pay or wait, I immediately delete it. I'd estimate 90% of the people I know do the same. Please devs, don't make AL into a to-be-deleted game. Re-using the tarlok system would be perfect. it was the most amazing setup you could have developed, so why break something everyone loved?

An energy system won't make people spend more plat, it will make them leave.
    Agreed with this. Winter event brought the guild together and seemed to work out well. Great twink gear, great gems, limited time arcane pet. Lots of goodness in it.

This one may possibly put a limit to our fun time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

One of the nice things was people inviting you when they found a portal. Now you will need energy or pay plat I am guessing. if you don't have this energy ball or want to pay plat, then you won't be joining. The difference here is the luck is individualized. I can only assume not everyone will get a energy ball from boss. Where as before you found a portal then 3 other people could join in, so you can share your good fortune. Seems like the barrier to entry is much higher and harder. And there will be more frustration on people's part depending on how rare the energy balls are. I think Tarlok brought people together so they could play together. I think this is more likely to keep people from playing together. I also hope the drop rate for these energy balls is higher in elite.
    Last edited by falmear; 05-14-2014 at 06:51 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The feedback is appreciated, and while some of the things being mentioned here may ring true, you may wish to wait until you see how things are implemented before jumping to conclusions We're very wary of avoiding "pay-to-win" scenarios, as well as keeping tabs on the communities experience as a whole. We think players will enjoy the system, as it should be thought of as a nice addition for a limited time and not a permanent replacement for the flow of AL. We're certainly not recreating Dark Legends energy in Arcane Legends, since as someone pointed out that did not go too well! The Event system is designed to be in addition to the current game, and not as a hard swap. Players that don't want to participate are welcome not to, and everyone is able to participate if they wish.

Bosses will have a chance to drop energy, to answer one of the many questions I can get into before we unveil more about the event. Keep the feedback coming, and we'll take into consideration elements we feel pertain to the system we have designed.
    Thanks for the response. As always I have the utmost faith in you guys and am looking forward to another great event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Bosses dropping energy is a good start to alleviating some of the stresses around not getting enough chances to enter a portal. As long as there is some kind of balance where the refresh rate and the drops are just enough for people to not feel frustrated while playing a game, you'll have happy campers. Obviously you dont want to make it so that energy will be infinite and defeat the purpose of the system to begin with, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out
    Last edited by Hectororius; 05-14-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

The portal system in the winter-event was a huuuge succes for team-play and comanion-ship. Our guild (and I bet a lot of others too) thrived a lot during those days.

I also spent around a hundred plats there to buy the tarlok-Portals.

I can't believe this model didnt produced good profits for STS.

So my question is: What was wrong with the winter-event system?

Does it have to be even more profits of those systems? To me and a lot of other players this seems to look plain greedy.

I agree with Carapace when he says we should judge the final system when we lay our hands and eyes on it.

BUT: in one thing Carapace is not correct (excuse me for beeing so blunt : if we dont like it, but it has an achievment involved, than we can't just simply go away.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 05-14-2014 at 09:59 PM.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

If the portals just spawned from bosses, we could ignore them. However, spawning from any mob in the map? I worry that this will be potentially invasive to people's runs. Especially anyone who likes to do speed (runs).
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I agree with everything said till now. Energy balls are just like crafting they force you to do something else instead of playing the game.
    I have a idea. What if there were....

FIXED PORTALS IN THE EVENT MAP:

This dimensional portal is fixed in the event map just like the one to the city of keyls(?) at Stronghold.
    There would be a NPC called "the teleporter" :/ who managed with his ancient magic to open this portal to another dimension.
    To pass through his portals he requires everytime 10 energy balls to craft a Energy key.

ENERGY KEYS
    Energy keys are what grant you the power to pass through the dimensional tunnel but to craft them you need: 10 energy balls, lootable from mobs across Arlor and 5k gold to finance the old teleporter's crafting skills.

FOR THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD PLAT:
    The old and wise teleporter will craft a Energy key for the cost of just 5 plats. A energy key crafted this way works exactly like the original key.

PROs:
    #1 Gold sink.
    #2 Players running different maps and not just the fastest.
    #3 Portals are accessible only to the owners of a key so it will be a solo run. The "we split in 4 and if you find a portal method" or " you find a portal and invite me i will pay 10k gold" won't work anymore.
    #4 Since only 1 person can access the portal and not 4 like in the tarlok event the overall loots from the Event boss will be way low cause he will be giving out 1item X portal instead of 4.

This is my concept of good portal system. GG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Can you please tell us how will it work? Will the system work in the same way like I have mentioned in the first post?

This question arose in my mind after I read this post-

The feedback is appreciated, and while some of the things being mentioned here may ring true, you may wish to wait until you see how things are implemented before jumping to conclusions
    Thanks for noticing this thread Carapace! And thanks to everyone who replied for their feedback!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiosahaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I use to play a game that was set up similar to this. Ultimately it leads to burn out. The great thing about AL is the fact that I can pick it up at any moment and do whatever I want in the game. Add this energy component and then I'll be forced on at certain times in order to maximize the potential of this event. I really really hate this idea. People have jobs and aren't able to get on every 8 hours. I have free time at the end of the day. That's when I do most of my playing. Now I'll only be able to enter these portals 3 times? This isn't fair to the more casual player. STS don't use this method please.

Anyone who thinks this will reduce over farming is delusional. Plat players are going to have a field day and farm this event for all it's worth. They will make all the money and the market will still crash. All this energy system does is let the pay players reap the biggest rewards. This is pretty much standard these days I suppose.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    I use to play a game that was set up similar to this. Ultimately it leads to burn out. The great thing about AL is the fact that I can pick it up at any moment and do whatever I want in the game. Add this energy component and then I'll be forced on at certain times in order to maximize the potential of this event. I really really hate this idea. People have jobs and aren't able to get on every 8 hours. I have free time at the end of the day. That's when I do most of my playing. Now I'll only be able to enter these portals 3 times? This isn't fair to the more casual player. STS don't use this method please.

Anyone who thinks this will reduce over farming is delusional. Plat players are going to have a field day and farm this event for all it's worth. They will make all the money and the market will still crash. All this energy system does is let the pay players reap the biggest rewards. This is pretty much standard these days I suppose.
    Cant spend a few plats on the maps? Then you have no chance in trying Order and Chaos or whatever its called with its monthly payment

But I understand what you mean, but they do spend their money to male these events, and we pay to play them :3 at least thats how I see it O_o
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Cant spend a few plats on the maps? Then you have no chance in trying Order and Chaos or whatever its called with its monthly payment
    I don't play any games which require payment from my side. Downsides of being a student. Offers? Nope ( on my lappy in India.)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

20 min cooldown every bar, and also drop bar from bosses seems good...

a long cooldown key dungeon really really bad idea on a limited time event..

long cooldown great idea on a unlimited time dungeon...

well we need to wait and see how it will be! when its comeing out ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

This energy ball system is like a 2D mmorpg game by "gree", named CRIME CITY.
    If this happens, instead of playing AL for more time , people will have to make alarms/reminders on phone for the next try to find portal. This will make the event boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

sts should already know how we feel about energy systems after seeing how unpopular it was with DL. Anything similar that restricts my game play I'm against. If it limits how much I can get in the new area it will be ok but if it limits how much I can farm elites then I'm rage quitting.

serously devs, u guys are smart enough not to repeat past mistakes aren't u?

imo, it's just a blatant plat sink. we have plenty of ways to spend plat as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

if the gear that drops is as OP as tarlok was then all ur comments are void. Because in that scenario if u want to be competitive in pvp at twink levels then u will have to farm this event and it won't be a take it or leave it type deal. Players will be forced to buy through with plat.

As i, and others, have stated before. We have enough plat spending options as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    This energy ball system is like a 2D mmorpg game by "gree", named CRIME CITY.
    If this happens, instead of playing AL for more time , people will have to make alarms/reminders on phone for the next try to find portal. This will make the event boring.
    GREE is the most money-sucking game maker on the planet. All their games are like that. Terrible.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Part of me says yeah this isn't a great idea and you know why.

But the other keeps saying, Platinum is here to speed up our gameplay, but I'm still not sure if this energy thing really complies with it..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone