Thread: Plat tier winter event

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

You have to math it out. On average you need 400-460 runs depending on your luck with the bosses if you run solo or with friends same tier as you. If you run for free, you need to factor in crafting energy times as well. I hate to say it, but running with randoms even the second or last day of weekly event results in 2nd boss the majority of the time causing you to need even more runs as most people are still silver tier. I already expressed in the suggestions section that the points are far too high for a single week and that for the average player, if you don't reach plat the points should be allowed to roll over to the next week so you don't need to start from scratch again. Every other event if you craft no energies and just ran on the ones that regenerate every 8hours you could reach deep gold tier. This event is a grind and requires math on my part to finish at least once during arguably the busiest time of the year.

My logic:
    In general, I could farm 170ish essences an hour which equates to 55ish energy. I required to do this 8h just to get over 400 energies which was 1320 essences. You can only craft 25 energy at a time so it required 50+ hours of crafting time. Luckily, you can do runs while you craft and event returns around 20% energy back. I farmed energy for 2h straight, crafted energies offline until I hit 100 energies, logged in to use up said 100 energies, and then farmed essences again so to have 100 ready to go again. All in all it took me 3 days of mind numbing soloing + some gold tier runs with guildmates and doing my holiday shopping and prepping offline. The longest grind I found was to gold. After that you get syrillax and tarlok a bit more often which sped things up as they're worth more points. Make sure you use tears lix to gain 15% more points. Every little bit helps. In contrast, plat tier used to be 30 something thousand points, but you had 3 weeks to complete it.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post: