Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 8 second interval between glowstik shields

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    You're right. But it's not just these people who are at fault, the OP has quite the attitude that can spark some arguments. It would be best if they (Perceval) would moderate their attitude, as well as the others who replied.
    I realize it's hard. I'm really hot headed at times too, when it comes to stuff that pisses me off... But that's not helping the discussion, try to understand that, Perceval

I can't time Nekro's duration right now, but I've always been told to wait 5 seconds between shields, and it's worked for me (although I always count slowly, since I have a tendency of starting to count with 1 instead of 0).

I don't own Glowstik, so I'll assume it's 8 seconds like OP said it seems pretty rough given how the shield only lasts 6 seconds (it's already difficult to make the 95-75% damage reduction really count! Or so I assume).
    I haven't seen a lot of replies commenting on this, but I think it's a bit too much. Of course it could turn out to be overpowered, but I can't really tell :s
    Agreed. No one is innocent here but it should be understood that such gang style attacks on a thread act as a trigger that results in such reactions as those shown by the OP. Especially when the comments aren't even related to the topic but some kind of personal hatred of the OP.

As you stated, most of these people aren't even commenting on the topic itself.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 11-02-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Theres so much salt in this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    After gaining the first glowstik shield, it takes a 8 second interval (starting after the first shield has worn off) before you can gain the shield again from another glowstik.

Why can't it just be 5 - 6 seconds like nekros shield intervals? Glowstiks shield only lasts 6 seconds compared to nekros 8 +/- second shield.
    Indeed it is 8 +/- seconds between shields.
    Glow has something nek dont have, that makes the 8 secs between shields necessary, is the 6 toxin pools. You can use glowstik in different ways with his aa if more than one glow is in a party (unlike 2 neks in a party)
    e.g.:
    1. Stack the toxin pools.
    2. Add additional toxin time by using glow's aa right after the first pools disappear,
    3. Time the shields.

IMO, this is what makes these two pets uniquely different.
    Avy
    12-2012

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Nekro > Glowstik

Now stop arguing, kids.

Thread Closed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

You just sound bored. Had a bad day perhaps? Someone roasted you well maybe? The fact that you're so focused on such a useless topic seems to make that the case. Whether you're wrong or I'm right or vice-versa, it just looks pathetic...

The logic of this forum's community baffels me.

Not your need to make useless comments.
    And the bafflement continues...
    Finally, someone not in a blind rage.
    I do not own a glowstik, and therefore have nothing to add to the original topic. I do, however, have something to add to the imposed topic brought on by yourself about the "logic" of this community. Insulting others' intellectual and/or ability to argue is not helping, proving, or introducing a valid point. Arguing for the proposed topic in an effort to persuade or prove your point is not in any way tied to flaming or any other form of "abuse". The art of argument is actually, believe it or not, without insults! So, for future advice, don't start unnecessary drama because someone else commented on your thread with a different opinion - which is actually okay to have.

PS: this community member has had 4+ years of logic.
    Last edited by blazerdd; 11-02-2016 at 10:55 AM.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blazerdd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    Of course it could turn out to be overpowered, but I can't really tell :s
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Glow has something nek dont have, that makes the 8 secs between shields necessary, is the 6 toxin pools.
    Aah, I knew there was gonna be something I didn't think about >.<
    IGN: Vvildfire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    I do not own a glowstik, and therefore have nothing to add to the original topic. I do, however, have something to add to the imposed topic brought on by yourself about the "logic" of this community. Insulting others' intellectual and/or ability to argue is not helping, proving, or introducing a valid point. Arguing for the proposed topic in an effort to persuade or prove your point is not in any way tied to flaming or any other form of "abuse". The art of argument is actually, believe it or not, without insults! So, for future advice, don't start unnecessary drama because someone else commented on your thread with a different opinion - which is actually okay to have.

PS: this community member has had 4+ years of logic.
    The first comment started the drama mate, anyone can see that.

Not the first thread I've made that's received such poorly hidden personal background hate.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-02-2016 at 11:17 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We double ran the numbers on this so here are some of the facts to help the discussion, which needs to slow down on the snarky remarks please.

Nekro Shield
    - Lasts 10 seconds if not broken by damage
    - 40% Damage reduction for duration
    - 15 second debuff where you cannot be reshielded

Glowstik Shield
    - Lasts 6 seconds if not broken by damage
    - 95/75/55/35/15% Damage Reduction, each section lasts 1.2 seconds with an average damage reduction of 55% for duration
    - 15 second debuff where you cannot be reshielded

The main point of interest here is that if the entire Nekro Shield is up for the full 10 seconds, its shield is more effective than Glowstik's. If Nekro's shield is broken early by damage then Glowstik's shield is better, as the total potential mitigation of damage is much larger (by around 150% at level 61)

We don't have any plans to change Glowstik at this time.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Its around 8 seconds mate. You just sound bored. Had a bad day perhaps? Someone roasted you well maybe? The fact that you're so focused on such a useless topic seems to make that the case. Whether you're wrong or I'm right or vice-versa, it just looks pathetic that you're so focused on 2+/- seconds (even though the time I stated is not that far off).

Anyway, this is about the 8 second interval between glowstik shields.

You keep dodging the question btw. Ill ask again, do you own a glowstik? Because you don't really have the right to question the validity of the statement of one who does and has tested it.

"He" when you don't know my gender. Tsk, tsk. I presume you don't own a glowstik from this comment.

"Forgot to equip his gear" lol.

When it doesn't work for you but it works for the 'kingofninja's' you're automatically a liar. The logic of this forum's community baffels me.

Stay on topic mate. This is about the 8 second interval of glowstik shields. Not your need to make useless comments.

- forumenemynumber1
    No, I don't own a glowstick. But I have friends who do. Its not very hard to test. I never claimed you are a liar. But your test results directly contradict mine, and mine confirm what a dev has said on the matter, so clearly your tests have gone wrong. I even gave some reasons for that. Do not blame me if the pet you paid for doesn't live up to your standards and stop crying so much on forums like a baby.

Its hilarious how the first thing you do when someone disagrees with you is ask them if they own a glowstick. If you don't like the nature of these forums, please stay off them. I'm sure most of he community would like that.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Keep in mind this person will say just about anything to buff glow stick. He even claimed that the 95% shield was not functioning as intended. I personally tested and it in fact was. Maybe he forgot to equip his gear or was lagging.
    What was this about then? ^
    You've totally contradicted yourself.

No, I don't own a glowstick. But I have friends who do. Its not very hard to test. I never claimed you are a liar. But your test results directly contradict mine, and mine confirm what a dev has said on the matter, so clearly your tests have gone wrong. I even gave some reasons for that. Do not blame me if the pet you paid for doesn't live up to your standards and stop crying so much on forums like a baby.

Its hilarious how the first thing you do when someone disagrees with you is ask them if they own a glowstick. If you don't like the nature of these forums, please stay off them. I'm sure most of he community would like that.
    - Your insult is in red.
    - The original thread was about a potential bug (not some 'standards' to be lived up to).
    - You are yet to make a comment regarding the actual topic of this thread (bafflement continues).
    - How can you question the validity of something someone else owns + has tested, when you don't have it? its pretty much calling someone a liar.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-02-2016 at 11:34 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

What was this about then? ^
    You've totally contradicted yourself.

- Your insult is in red.
    - The original thread was about a potential bug (not some 'standards' to be lived up to).
    - You are yet to make a comment regarding the actual topic of this thread (bafflement continues).
    - How can you question the validity of something someone else owns + has tested, when you don't have it? its pretty much calling someone a liar.
    You realize that glow stick provides an entire team with a shield right? I had a friend give me glow stick shield and used that to test. Think a little please.

Also, there is a big difference between calling someone incorrect and calling them a liar. Please learn it.

Anyways, the cd between shields is 9 seconds assuming the shield doesn't break before hand.

What level is your glow stick. If it is anything like nekro shield, pet level influences shield strength. Maybe it hit the cap of how much damage it could absorb and they shield broke while in the 95% DR time period and the remaining unabsorbed damage one hit you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have to side with Perceval here its pretty clear what this person was asking and for the people who couldn't contribute in anyway to the answer should not have commented because people like me Just trying to find out every info about a pet before thinking of purchasing would have to have read all this crap to get to the information. And for those who didn't answer and felt the need to attack for some reason get a life thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beoperson View Post
    I have to side with Perceval here its pretty clear what this person was asking and for the people who couldn't contribute in anyway to the answer should not have commented because people like me Just trying to find out every info about a pet before thinking of purchasing would have to have read all this crap to get to the information. And for those who didn't answer and felt the need to attack for some reason get a life thank you
    You did exactly what you got mad about...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blazerdd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

*graps popcorn*

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, he tested the damage reduction with me. So I can validate that he has tested the pet. The point with glowstik that Carapace is not addressing is the fact that after damage reduction falls under 55%, it is useless to have the pet with damage reduction. The reason being is that when it drops off from 55%, it's nearly similar to being unshielded. Therefore, there's enough damage to completely kill the person which therefore nullifies any average damage reduction.
    The important difference between the 2 pets is when the damage comes. On average, Glowstik's shield will prevent more damage before breaking than Nekro's shield. Of course this depends on when the damage hits.

Example Case:
    OP Rogue A fires a guaranteed Crit Aimed Shot with a dev weapon, attempting to deal 30,000 damage. You respond by firing off the shield from your pet.

Glowstik's Shield:
    (Perfect reaction time) You have 95% damage reduction, your shield takes 1500 damage. Your shield isn't even broken. Super Yay, nerf me!
    (1 second too early reaction time) You have 75% damage reduction, your shield takes 7500 damage. Your shield is broken, but you likely survived. Yay!
    (Average reaction time) You have 55% damage reduction, your shield takes 13500 damage. Your shield is broken, and you're likely dead (Warriors might survive) Well the Rogue was OP at the start, so less yay.
    (Bad reaction time) You're dead, way too much damage coming in. NERF ROGUES.

Nekro's Shield
    (Every case) You have 40% damage reduction, your shield takes 18,000 damage. Your shield is broken, and you're dead. NERF ROGUES.

Now you can apply this to realistic damage values if you choose, but both of these cases are very reliant on whether or not your shield breaks. Like Carapace mentioned, if your opponent is already doing enough damage to break your shield, you can mitigate more damage with Glowstik. If your opponent is too weak he can't break your shield, then Nekro will mitigate more damage. If your opponent breaks your shield 1/2 the time, the pets are roughly equal.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saud View Post
    *graps popcorn*
    Love it when people rage in forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

You realize that glow stick provides an entire team with a shield right? I had a friend give me glow stick shield and used that to test. Think a little please.

Also, there is a big difference between calling someone incorrect and calling them a liar. Please learn it.

Anyways, the cd between shields is 9 seconds assuming the shield doesn't break before hand.

What level is your glow stick. If it is anything like nekro shield, pet level influences shield strength. Maybe it hit the cap of how much damage it could absorb and they shield broke while in the 95% DR time period and the remaining unabsorbed damage one hit you.
    1). Its 8 seconds between each shield.
    2). The shield lasts 6 seconds and doesn't really break (unlike nekro, the shield duration along with the damage reduction is stated in the arcane ability description).
    3). The egg is slotted on a level 61 pet.
    4). The fact that it also provides a shield to allies was obvious to one who is in possession of a glowstik and has tested it.
    5). Who asked for your opinion about the damage reduction?
    6). Only your 3rd sentence was requested for by this thread*even though I believe it to be incorrect (none of the other sentences or even your other posts were related to this threads topic).
    7). How does one deal 95% damage on a shield that reduces damage by 95%?

From the looks of it, you're the one who needs to 'think a little' and 'learn'.

Maybe a lesson in percentages while you're at it?
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-02-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    You did exactly what you got mad about...
    No no a dev confirmed so it's okay now XD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

1). Its 8 seconds between each shield.
    2). The shield lasts 6 seconds and doesn't really break (unlike nekro, the shield duration along with the damage reduction is stated in the arcane ability description).
    3). The egg is slotted on a level 61 pet.
    4). The fact that it also provides a shield to allies was obvious to one who is in possession of a glowstik and has tested it.
    5). Who asked for your opinion about the damage reduction?
    6). Only your 3rd sentence was requested for by this thread*even though I believe it to be incorrect (none of the other sentences or even your other posts were related to this threads topic).
    7). How does one deal 95% damage on a shield that reduces damage by 95%?

From the looks of it, you're the one who needs to 'think a little' and 'learn'.

Maybe a lesson in percentages while you're at it?
    1) It's 9 seconds.
    2) Okay cool.
    3) Then your faulty test wasn't because of that.
    4) If you are aware of that why do you make it sound like it is not possible for me to personally test without owning the pet?
    5) Nobody directly asked, but it's a forum in which I am entitled to share my opinion.
    6) My third sentence was "Please think a little". Did you mean third paragraph.
    7) Read again. Keep in mind DR stands for damage reduction. If you still feel the need to ask this question, the answer is one simply cannot.

I think you may need to learn how to read carefully with comprehension.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

on shield topic, Glowstik and Nekros shield AA fall into the same category? Will they stack? Or you can cast glowstik's aa after nekro's aa expired?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree