Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arcane Ring to Rule Them All Contest | Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by basketholic209 View Post
    Second, even if the new rule allow you to just enter on day 20, do you even know that your chance is just 1/20 compared to others? The random number drawing is based on posts, not contestants.
    More like 1/99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

God bless to all contestants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When will be the announcement of winners? I'm excited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

about people complaining about the "make up for one miss day" my take is this:

- you change of winning isn't changed by a significant amount
    - you still have a slightly higher chance of winning ring, you have 20 entries and they have 19
    - its more likely that someone who post 20 will win

lets say there are 455 ppl who enter all 20 days and 34 people with 19 days (with the 20th day): (i counted .-. well ..... the one without the day 20 include but its an estimate.....)

without including the people who has only 19 days:
    people who post 20, the chance is 1/455 (0.219%)

Including the people who has only 19 days:
    the people who post all 20 days have 20/9746 (0.205%)
    and the people who post 19 days have 19/9746 (0.195%)

either way, your chance of winning is less than 2 grim banish in a row (0.25%) :P

and since there are 455 people with 20 and 33 people with 19, there are 93.37% chance that the winner is someone with 20 post ...

not really worth the whine :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

maybe there are like 40-50 people tht posted 20days successfully. to increase the number they did tht with the easiest ss at last day lol. to ss with a teeth when there is 2x teeth drop still going on. so not hard to find.i got 6 teeth doing 13runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    about people complaining about the "make up for one miss day" my take is this:

- you change of winning isn't changed by a significant amount
    - you still have a slightly higher chance of winning ring, you have 20 entries and they have 19
    - its more likely that someone who post 20 will win

lets say there are 455 ppl who enter all 20 days and 34 people with 19 days (with the 20th day): (i counted .-. well ..... the one without the day 20 include but its an estimate.....)

without including the people who has only 19 days:
    people who post 20, the chance is 1/455 (0.219%)

Including the people who has only 19 days:
    the people who post all 20 days have 20/9746 (0.205%)
    and the people who post 19 days have 19/9746 (0.195%)

either way, your chance of winning is less than 2 grim banish in a row (0.25%) :P

and since there are 455 people with 20 and 33 people with 19, there are 93.37% chance that the winner is someone with 20 post ...

not really worth the whine :P
    I think you did your math (numbers) wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ok I only entered about 16 days or so - so it does not really concern me. However changing the rules of a contest on the last day is just uncool. You set your rules at the start and then you do the contest. If you start changing things for whatever reason you can expect complaints.
    IGN: Orakuij

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Bah. :B

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xxmataharixx View Post
    People cry no matter what but! Heres the but please fix singey
    I dont think thats gonna happen xD
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

idk man... No comment at tis point. Well, as long as there ar more prizes on tis (as in alot more prizes), im ok wit it. Lets see how it goes^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

why the 20 day's thread isn't closed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sam banished mods i guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

People whine about that they cant edit/missed/not showing one day entry.

People now whine about that last day is unfair.

I whine about their whine.

Everyone whine.

Good luck & have fun.
    Last edited by Haligali; 04-14-2014 at 04:10 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wtf what if someone didnt post ANY post at all and they do this??So ur tellin me they get to have a chance?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Well yea everyone whines abt somethin tats unsatisfactory/painful exps. Its normal coz we ar humans. Even animals whine. If you dont whine abt it, no one knows wats on ur mind/physical attention tat happens to u doesnt it? Might as well be a dead soul/loner so no one cares abt your well-being =.=

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedSkillz View Post
    Wtf what if someone didnt post ANY post at all and they do this??So ur tellin me they get to have a chance?

No bro, its for those who does 18 days screenshots but miss out 1 of dem (total: 19ss include last day ss)
    The rest who doesnt participate or less den 18 days ss but end up doin the last day ss wont b eligible for winnin the chance of arcane ring but instead eligible for shards n teeths

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth143 View Post
    No bro, its for those who does 18 days screenshots but miss out 1 of dem (total: 19ss include last day ss)
    The rest who doesnt participate or less den 18 days ss but end up doin the last day ss wont b eligible for winnin the chance of arcane ring but instead eligible for shards n teeths
    Thanks for correcting me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    Tbh I think you are the one being selfish. Its evident that you know someone who fall someone in the 19 day group. If sts includes 19 days then why not 18 or 17, they even tried hard and had FUN. Arent you being SELFISH?

And moreover shards were present for those who couldnt post 20 days..and shard is good as a ring. Why now change it and include the ring as prize for them too?

Either dont change rules or if you change rules make it win win for everyone.

I dont know anyone who falls in anything, thank you very much, your all overacting over a little competition. Supposed to be fun, , but you all took the fun out of it, its people acting like this that ruins the game and fun aspects of it . Like I said I wish you all the best of luck, but to be honest this has ruined the whole point of the competition for me , its supposed to be fun not a reason to argue or to be rude or disrespectful to other people for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    I dont know anyone who falls in anything, thank you very much, your all overacting over a little competition. Supposed to be fun, , but you all took the fun out of it, its people acting like this that ruins the game and fun aspects of it . Like I said I wish you all the best of luck, but to be honest this has ruined the whole point of the competition for me , its supposed to be fun not a reason to argue or to be rude or disrespectful to other people for.
    Well I'll just say this. It's no longer a competition if the rules change at the end effecting determination of " winners"

You're only looking at fun from your perspective. And as I mentioned, people that didn't do all 20 days still had a chance at shard or teeth. So there is still "fun" for them. The ring was supposed to be for those that were dedicated and completed all 20 days.

Alas, another change in direction. We should all be use to it by now. It's happened before and it will happen again. And still, people will voice their displeasure.

Tbh, just turning the other cheek is a little irresponsible. I say that with utmost respect to you and others that feel it's ok. It sets a bad example in my opinion. Just like some other things we've seen in the recent past.

In the end, it's not that important in the grand scheme of thing like you say. But I feel it's very important to uphold the rules of contests and competitions.
    Last edited by Rare; 04-14-2014 at 07:08 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Well I'll just say this. It's no longer a competition if the rules change at the end effecting determination of " winners"

You're only looking at fun from your perspective. And as I mentioned, people that didn't do all 20 days still had a chance at shard or teeth. So there is still "fun" for them. The ring was supposed to be for those that were dedicated and completed all 20 days.

Alas, another change in direction. We should all be use to it by now. It's happened before and it will happen again. And still, people will voice their displeasure.

Tbh, just turning the other cheek is a little irresponsible. I say that with utmost respect to you and others that feel it's ok. It sets a bad example in my opinion. Just like some other things we've seen in the recent past.

In the end, it's not that important in the grand scheme of thing like you say. But I feel it's very important to uphold the rules of contests and competitions.
    I dont have an issue with people expressing their opinion I respect that, as people should equally respect mine, and I understand your frustration, but in my opinion this just takes the fun out of the competition, all the uneeded aggression, being portrayed by several people, is so unnecessary , were lucky a competition was even thrown in the first place, but as I said the last thing im trying to do is disrespect or disregard your opinion, im just trying to share mine, which in the future, I think ill withdraw from doing.