Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
AP Comp and AP USH shouldn't be too difficult, just lots of writing. If you have lots to say, it shouldn't be a problem.

AP Bio and AP Alg2/Trig could be difficult, depending on your math skills. If you're generally comfortable in math, they shouldn't be difficult. The bio labs might be time consumers if you have lots of clubs at the same time. AP Calc2 should be more interesting.

No AP languages? Do an AP language too.

If you do these all with your friends, it goes by pretty fast.
I'm planning on doing AP Spanish by Junior year... Or at least I hope. Math is easy for me... Never study lol xD! Asian meh! I'm planning to do some extra-curriculars... And gotta go for being the "leader" of those groups for those colleges to even recognize me.

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
where do you live?

to even been in the top 9% of my high school, which would guarantee you a place at a uc, you needed at least a 4.83

everyone took all APs
I live in Minnesota if that helps... Our school has like... A schedule for us. Of course you don't have to follow it, but you better be world's most persuasive person for them to let you go beyond. I'm taking the hardest classes right now, and the max GPA for a freshman is 4.17. I have a 4.11 because of an A- !!!!! I've been asking my smartest friends and... Well... I'm kinda top >_>... Honors aren't weighted, which is why I can't get close to the 5. And remember... Ap credits and GPA aren't the only thing they look for... As Parfee told me !

Max AP's they'll let you take:
1 each semester in Freshman
3 for each semester in Sophomore (Only 2-3 kids ever did that in the school... They weren't very "social")
And juniors and seniors is whatever... If you take like 6 APs, you're probably just overloading yourself or going with the easy APs like AP Psychology/AP Art etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
Language Comp > History (unless you plan on being a historian of some sorts.) Parth said it best, tho: Make time for extracurricular activities and family time and you will be fine. It is good to strive to be your best, but remember you only have one childhood.
Yeah, money can't buy childhood ! -tell that to Asian father-