Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Farming gold? Anywhere?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Absolutely not true. You folks know we keep a close tab on the economy. Here is a chart of gold in from the last 30 days:

Name:  gold_flow.JPG
Views: 872
Size:  39.7 KB

Gray bars are the expansion, dark and light greens (olive drab-ish) are Halloween.

You want to make gold? Get to end game and play the events.

Have fun out there!

- g
    The influx of gold from new content is only because it was still new & ppl were excited to see whats available so many ppl were grinding it. When I said this expansion is a gold sink, this Is what I meant:
    1. The rank grind is too long & difficult for ppl to achieve. It ends up taking most of their play time.....time which they could have spent farming other elites to make gold.
    2. Values of pinks have already dropped. Only in demand pinks are some lv58 twink gears & end game brut, assault or potency gears. These drops are also hard to come by. It may take in excess of 50 graveyard runs to get a valuable item. Ppl could have made more gold elsewhere if the time taken for those 50 runs was spent farming other items.
    3. Mausoleum is still very difficult for ppl to play & drops are very hard to come by. A lot of ppl just end up running away leaving you with a big negative on pots and ankhs already used on that run.
    4. Locks. The biggest & main source of income for f2p in this game. Farming locks has become an extreme challenge for ppl since it was removed from all tombs & mines. Another thing I noticed is that the crafting costs have been doubled. I do not understand why. Cryo large was 500g & massive was 1000g to craft. Twilight large is 1000g & massive is 2000g to craft. If I take the crafting cost plus the number of elixirs it would take to farm 9locks from bosses on maps, I will either be making losses or extremely low profit due to the current price of massive twilights (45-50k).
    5. Daily quests. Running daily quests may be a free source of income but the time taken to run through them is not justifiable for the gold reward at the end of it. We are looking at +/- 2hrs per toon to run most of them for a +/- 17k reward at the end (this is just a rough estimate).
    Now I know some ppl are gonna say farm elite runners chests or heretic chests etc etc. The whole problem here is that the time taken to chase things is not fitting in with the time needed to rank up at the same time.

Note to Jg: This is not a rant or complaint post. These are concerns that have come to my attention after running things & I am trying to bring my 'gold sink'comment into more perspective. I also only play end game, with all classes.
    My current strategy is to farm only 1k points per day & try to utilize the other time to chase gold on other maps rather then grinding graveyard mindlessly. Unfortunately elite farming is at an extreme low due to halloween event & I hope it picks up after. Whether this strategy will be successful or not I have no idea.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post: