Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What if they could sell Pocket Legends?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

i say there are NO MORE GAMES!

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aav5224 View Post
    i say there are NO MORE GAMES!
    That's just being silly.

If you have ever worked in a retail environment, you'll know that customers are always looking for the latest and greatest. New is cool. Just hang out for a bit in a GameStop store and you'll hear people ask, "So, what's new?"

To reiterate, if we hadn't learned from Star and Dark and built Arcane, Spacetime likely wouldn't be around right now (at least not in it's current incarnation - that includes Pocket Legends running).

We will continue to build new games because that's the path to growth. We know this from having done it. I know you are coming from the viewpoint of a Pocket Legends afficiando, so I completely understand your feeling that new games are taking away from the game you want to see developed - but again, if we don't grow, we won't thrive.

Long way of saying, sorry, but there will be more new games.

As always, thanks for your enthusiasm for Pocket Legends. Lots of <3 to you.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    That's just being silly.

If you have ever worked in a retail environment, you'll know that customers are always looking for the latest and greatest. New is cool. Just hang out for a bit in a GameStop store and you'll hear people ask, "So, what's new?"

To reiterate, if we hadn't learned from Star and Dark and built Arcane, Spacetime likely wouldn't be around right now (at least not in it's current incarnation - that includes Pocket Legends running).

We will continue to build new games because that's the path to growth. We know this from having done it. I know you are coming from the viewpoint of a Pocket Legends afficiando, so I completely understand your feeling that new games are taking away from the game you want to see developed - but again, if we don't grow, we won't thrive.

Do you think we will be seeing any new events like the infested deck or forgotten treasure events? Just little week long extravaganzas?

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Do you think we will be seeing any new events like the infested deck or forgotten treasure events? Just little week long extravaganzas?
    pls no forg event , il be sad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by for the lulz View Post
    pls no forg event , il be sad
    The event was fun, the items were cool, the only bad thing was the insane stats for the items. I'd actually like to see a more balanced forgotten event with different items (so the current ones don't loose value).

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    The event was fun, the items were cool, the only bad thing was the insane stats for the items. I'd actually like to see a more balanced forgotten event with different items (so the current ones don't loose value).
    Thats not a bad idea at all... Maybe 1h weapons this time? With gem shields, bracers and wings...
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    That's just being silly.

This is where I always get hung up on your strategy at STS. You feel like you have to keep building new games because that's what the public demands. This has been stated over and over, along with the claim that without AL the company would have failed. People seem to just agree because someone from STS said it, but I say it's far from an established fact. I say this because I can give you one humongous counter-example: WoW.

World of Warcraft has been chugging along for 10 years. It is the undisputed leader of its category. It has a community of 10s of millions, and somehow it has managed to grow and advance its position without once creating a "new game". They've expanded, revamped, brought in many new changes, etc. The game today is very different from where it started out. But at no point did they close down the old game and make a new one. They never left their established community behind and forced them to start over on "WoW 2". But that's what you guys have done over and over, as you've attempted to meet this supposed "demand for something new".

What you could have done instead is carried the community forward. If AL had been a major revamp of PL, which in many ways it was, but one that the community could follow along in, it would have been an entirely different situation. Instead of choosing between investing time in your loyal PL community OR the new people in AL, you could have had both. The heartache for those playing PL, DL, SL etc is that you guys walked away, leaving a loyal player base stranded but unwilling to allow their investment to end. And it is an investment: people love these games because of what they put into it, so they don't want to have to walk away from that.

I know you guys have your strategy, and no amount of forum posts is going to change that. But I can't just let you get away with saying "we have to put out new things or we'll die". It's clearly the strategy you've chosen to take, but it's also just as clearly not the only strategy there is, even though you keep claiming so. And all I have to do is point to WoW to prove that it is possible to advance, grow, bring in new customer and not abandon the old ones in the process. Just because you chose a different path doesn't mean the other one doesn't exist.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post: