Thread: Rogue's Tips & Tricks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes you did. I guess there are just a few of reasons why I'm still loving Glint Bow, and not feeling like switching to daggers.

1) I like bows better in general because of their range and auto-targetting.

2) I really like the Glint Bow, and using it with your build yields both very high single target and AoE ranged potential. At least it seems like high DPS to me.

3) I'm not seeing how close-ranged combat, even with a stunning proc, would increase my survivability, without also taking Razor Shield or something. Staying at range, I don't feel overly squishy. Maybe with certain mob packs I can see close-ranged stunning being more survivable, especially against mobs with long-range abilities. But then with bosses, who are immune to stun, I feel like I'd rather stay away from their deadliest moves and be able to avoid red zones without sacrificing DPS, no? The only exceptions I can think of are Hugal, or bosses with lots of stunnable adds but who aren't that deadly close-up.

4) I'm just not seeing how the build you originally posted would synergize as well with daggers. You invest into making charged Nox and charged SSS abilities that spread damage between the greatest possible number of targets. I like how that works with a bow. My typical rotation when there are lots of mobs is charged Nox, charged SSS, charged Nox, regular Aimed, and spam autoattacks inbetween. You were suggesting to spend more time autoattacking and not charge skills if I get Dragon blades. But then your original build would have lots of wasted points, especially in maximizing charged Nox, no?

Wouldn't it maybe be better, if I tried out Dragon blades, to replace SSS with either Razor Shield, traps, or Shadow Veil? I'd think uncharged Aimed and Nox would still be good especially for maximizing single-target DPS though...

In any case, if I haven't thanked you yet for your original post, I want to say how much I learned and enjoy your build with the Glint Bow for now, so thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
    Yes you did. I guess there are just a few of reasons why I'm still loving Glint Bow, and not feeling like switching to daggers.

1) I like bows better in general because of their range and auto-targetting.

2) I really like the Glint Bow, and using it with your build yields both very high single target and AoE ranged potential. At least it seems like high DPS to me.

3) I'm not seeing how close-ranged combat, even with a stunning proc, would increase my survivability, without also taking Razor Shield or something. Staying at range, I don't feel overly squishy. Maybe with certain mob packs I can see close-ranged stunning being more survivable, especially against mobs with long-range abilities. But then with bosses, who are immune to stun, I feel like I'd rather stay away from their deadliest moves and be able to avoid red zones without sacrificing DPS, no? The only exceptions I can think of are Hugal, or bosses with lots of stunnable adds but who aren't that deadly close-up.

4) I'm just not seeing how the build you originally posted would synergize as well with daggers. You invest into making charged Nox and charged SSS abilities that spread damage between the greatest possible number of targets. I like how that works with a bow. My typical rotation when there are lots of mobs is charged Nox, charged SSS, charged Nox, regular Aimed, and spam autoattacks inbetween. You were suggesting to spend more time autoattacking and not charge skills if I get Dragon blades. But then your original build would have lots of wasted points, especially in maximizing charged Nox, no?

Wouldn't it maybe be better, if I tried out Dragon blades, to replace SSS with either Razor Shield, traps, or Shadow Veil? I'd think uncharged Aimed and Nox would still be good especially for maximizing single-target DPS though...

In any case, if I haven't thanked you yet for your original post, I want to say how much I learned and enjoy your build with the Glint Bow for now, so thank you.
    Sorry, should have clarified. You use razor with daggers, and it makes up for it because razor helps proc the dragonbite daggers.

However, as long as you're enjoying your current build then there's no reason to change it! Perhaps, there's something you found useful that I did not.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: