Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Vampire Journal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterKate View Post
    Year 2035. Dystopian Washington. It was a futuristic era, when the world was divided into 2 groups: the Elite and the Ordinary. I was 16 and I was a very fortunate child, as some may regard. I have everything a person can actually wish for in this cruel world. Power, wealth, fame, intelligence and beauty. I should be very happy and contented. But, I was not. And I will never be. In fact, I was miserable, living under the shadows of my parents, who constantly force me to do what they want, which they consider as what is best for me. But, who cares about what they want? In the entire 16 years of my life, my thoughts were trashed, my actions misjudged and my personality as a whole was shattered. I have a whole army of guards in school and I never really had real friends, just those hypocrite ones, who fake smiles, who talk behind my back and who possess no inch of compassion in their bodies.

Most of the Elites despise the Ordinary, discriminating them in any possible way they can. I have witnessed it all my life. My classmates, bullying them in schools and calling them names. My neighbors, giving out expired canned goods, as "donations" to the Ordinary. And worst, my parents, who were among the highest officials in the country, had enormous counts of graft and corruption, taking land illegally from the Ordinary. I was not really allowed to make friends with them. I swallowed everything and forced it into my entire system, but I have realized that I was all fed up and tired of all of these. Someone needs to stand for them and that someone, is no other than me. Cause deep within me, I am of the Ordinary. No matter how hard they try to suppress my ideas, strangle my thoughts and cut my wings, the beast that they have created inside me, is struggling itself towards freedom. Their freedom. My freedom.

And so, one day in school, as I sit in the cafeteria in school with my fake friends, I have seen an Ordinary boy, roughly 6 years old, crying and dragged outside by an Elite boy of the same age, just because he failed to fall in line to purchase food, out of pure ignorance. I followed them and with my pure might, took the Elite boy through his collar and threw him to the ground. I was not really thinking. Just that action caused my guards to take me out of school and into the house to face my ruthless parents. Turned out the Elite boy is the son of my father's colleagues. My father asked my guards to whip me, right there and then, with him and my mother, watching cruelly. They did not love me. They did not really care for me.

And so that night, I stow away and found myself by the seashore. I wasn't really crying at all. I reached down the waters, washed my cuts, and then it appeared. A very beautiful ship. I was glued to my spot, as I watch them coming towards me. Extraordinarily beautiful people with pale skin and red eyes. Others old, others as young as I was. They spoke of a promise about being the most powerful group, where freedom has no limits. All it takes is just one bite. I seemed hypnotized by their soothing voices. And then, I recognized the 6-year old Ordinary boy I have helped in school, the reason why I was whipped, the reason I stowed away. He was one of them, he reached for my hand, while a beautiful young man, caused a very painful sensation in my neck, radiating through my veins. The pain was excruciating and so, I screamed. Then, all I remember was the image of the Ordinary boy, whispering that everything will be okay.

Those were the exact memories of how I became what I am now. A very powerful and compassionate vampire, living for 100 years already. It's the Year 2135. And what I do makes me really fulfilled. Hunting for Elites, who abuse their power. I haven't heard from my parents, since the year I was turned. Maybe, when you want the painful memories to go, you have no choice but to forget it and move forward. I am now free and happy. The last I heard from the Elites, is that they have learned about our kind and have researched about us. They have killed most of us with weapons they have developed especially for us. But, we remain strong. I remain strong, with the help of my husband, who is the same person who turned me, 100 years ago. I am home now. This is where I belong. I am Ordinary.

As for the Elites, we are always waiting.
    0.0 lol wow, nicely done Kate I loved it. Thanks for showin off your writting skills :P
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    0.0 lol wow, nicely done Kate I loved it. Thanks for showin off your writting skills :P
    Thank you! I have always wanted to write for this thread ever since it was posted.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterKate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Thank you! I have always wanted to write for this thread ever since it was posted.
    Awe no way! Well I really appreciate it, I really love reading all these they give me my vampire fix lolol. I really enjoy dark/twisted stories so I totally love coming on here surprised with fresh new stories
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    Awe no way! Well I really appreciate it, I really love reading all these they give me my vampire fix lolol. I really enjoy dark/twisted stories so I totally love coming on here surprised with fresh new stories
    Yes! I love dark stories too, vampires specifically. That's why I love DL now more than PL and SL. Lol. I have read every single story in here. Your story and everyone else's are all brilliantly written. It just proves that we guys aren't just random people from all parts of the globe, who knows how to do PVP or farm gems or hunt down bosses. Threads like this prove that we are people of substance, that we each have stories to tell.

And hey Art, I blogged my own entry in here. I have put your forum name in the title as the thread where I posted it. Hope you don't mind.
    Last edited by WinterKate; 07-04-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Yes! I love dark stories too, vampires specifically. That's why I love DL now more than PL and SL. Lol. I have read every single story in here. Your story and everyone else's are all brilliantly written. It just proves that we guys aren't just random people from all parts of the globe, who knows how to do PVP or farm gems or hunt down bosses. Threads like this prove that we are people of substance, that we each have stories to tell.

And hey Art, I blogged my own entry in here. I have put your forum name in the title as the thread where I posted it. Hope you don't mind.
    This thread, in fact, proves we are real people with lives outside the game world

Where's my trophy or something for spotting it? Haha!
    *feigns great effort, hefts trophy onto scanner, shuts lid* Tumtetum...dammit. I think it's waylaid at...*peers at screen*...WalMart's website

OMG ArtStar - "hear us roar"? ARE YOU A GAME OF THRONES FAN TOO?! (bearing in mind this is the Lannister House motto!)
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheChairmaker View Post
    This thread, in fact, proves we are real people with lives outside the game world

*feigns great effort, hefts trophy onto scanner, shuts lid* Tumtetum...dammit. I think it's waylaid at...*peers at screen*...WalMart's website

OMG ArtStar - "hear us roar"? ARE YOU A GAME OF THRONES FAN TOO?! (bearing in mind this is the Lannister House motto!)
    Aw!Tooooo bad! Haha! I love Game of Thrones too!