Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How do we know that it's a "x2" weekend etc!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwsome View Post
    When did I use the work lie? I never said they lied to us. I just asked for proof of it being a higher chance on these weekends.
    And yes they did lie and cheat us once before so what's stopping them from doing it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    You said Just now!
    He implied I said they lied about x2 weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

He implied I said they lied about x2 weekend.

So you are saying you did not say stg are lying about 2x weekend?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

So you are saying you did not say stg are lying about 2x weekend?
    No I just asked for evidence to prove the odds have doubled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

If you believe they don't lie why do you need evidence?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

If sts said "normal chance is 5% and it is 10% this weekend", someone still complain about it. What kind of evidence do you want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

This could be bad luck but I will tell you my experience with the event 2x crates. I have felt that when you open them after the event concludes they are no longer 2x but have the same odds as the regular old crates. I have opened hundreds after events and have not a single time gotten mythic, but during the events will loot several.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Has anyone looted a mythic weapon post event in urs crates? I looted a ton during the event but after 100's post event... nothing but 5 ammy and that is suspect.

Also madnex is right about why there are more during the event...
    Last edited by notfaded1; 01-19-2015 at 09:15 AM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

If you believe they don't lie why do you need evidence?
    They have lied before. So that's why I want evidence. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

When they made the mistake last time they righted the wrong. Refunding lockers and platinum. They didn't have to come on and do that, they could have slipped it under the rug but they didn't.

Yes, it'd be nice to know the actual odds but it's pretty harsh to call them "liers" when they do right the wrongs.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I didn't call them liars. Not once did I say "sts are lying to us". I did say that they have lied to us but I have never directed the words liar at them.
    Look you guys are getting off topic. All I want is sts to help us understand how the x2 odds change. Maybe they can't and we will never know. But surely there will be a way they can explain it to us without revealing what the odd actually are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Conspiracy theories. Waste of a topic.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I didn't call them liars. Not once did I say "sts are lying to us". I did say that they have lied to us but I have never directed the words liar at them.
    Look you guys are getting off topic. All I want is sts to help us understand how the x2 odds change. Maybe they can't and we will never know. But surely there will be a way they can explain it to us without revealing what the odd actually are.

Welcome to forums. A place where especially those who don't know what the hell you are talking about always feel entitled to bring out their blackboard and proceed to feed you useless lessons and moral crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

We don't know the numbers. I did get a few more grand gems this weekend. In many cases, I have had failures of using 1000 plat average per slot to get a grand gem. This 2x weekend I was able to rush plat a few. Slots were anywhere between 100-200 plat. Maybe I just got lucky. Who knows. Just posting my results and experience.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

I'm not sure people are referencing when they talk about STS "lying once before." I do recall one weekend where an error in the data push (when we push out the file that has the new, doubled odds) resulted in 2x Odds not actually going in to the game. We caught the error as early as possible and did refund all crates and platinum spent, plus left everything that had been looted so far in everyone's inventory. It was a grave mistake, yes, but one we were completely transparent about from the moment we identified the issue.

I'm sad to hear that this has bred such distrust in the community. Spacetime does their absolute best to be as transparent as possible with our players, and have made clear communication an even bigger focus this year. After reading your suggestions and thinking on it a little myself I'm not quite sure what, if anything, we could do to prove double odds are in effect. Even if we were to release the numbers in the loot table, you would have to trust that the doubled odds data went into the game. If there is anything that is in my power to restore your faith and confidence please let me know.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    I'm not sure people are referencing when they talk about STS "lying once before." I do recall one weekend where an error in the data push (when we push out the file that has the new, doubled odds) resulted in 2x Odds not actually going in to the game. We caught the error as early as possible and did refund all crates and platinum spent, plus left everything that had been looted so far in everyone's inventory. It was a grave mistake, yes, but one we were completely transparent about from the moment we identified the issue.

I'm sad to hear that this has bred such distrust in the community. Spacetime does their absolute best to be as transparent as possible with our players, and have made clear communication an even bigger focus this year. After reading your suggestions and thinking on it a little myself I'm not quite sure what, if anything, we could do to prove double odds are in effect. Even if we were to release the numbers in the loot table, you would have to trust that the doubled odds data went into the game. If there is anything that is in my power to restore your faith and confidence please let me know.
    Double grand gem odds are fine no evidence needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Looked like double grand gems to me. Good weekend.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I have an idea ill post an errr...image so i can show you what I mean
    play..or play Darkness Reborn they have a wheel that you could spin for items..please check that out.

in some games.having a roller...or like a popup screen like a wheel of fortune kinda deal that as you open a chest an animation plays to see all items in the box you are opening..and when it stops err....spinning..it would land on the item, and boom thats what you receive. Since sts does control all the aspects of there games aside from internet connection issues, I dont see how this could be hacked..but adding a spin/instant stop button like in an arcade game to help people test there luck..giving more chances to both sts and the player opening the chests. or even an option to reroll your items 1 time if you didn't like the 1st prize.

We need to see to believe as a player base, taking a word of a developer is like trusting your tax audit to a public accountant that you believe is certified for your state, but isn't certified at all. we need visual proof that there is 2x odds as you say there is..becuse its not helping me open more chests on a single word that it is working.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-19-2015 at 03:46 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I do trust sts and you as a dev/mod to giving us the correct information about the fact that's the odds have actually doubled. I'm not accusing sts of cheating us, I just wanted to know if there was a way you could prove to us as a community that the odds have doubled but like you said there isn't a way to prove it.
    But in the loot table with in locks for example is there a certain amount of locks that has to be looted (not by 1 person but by the whole community) that when a lock is dropped there is going to be an arcane/mythic item in that lock? Like when you loot the lock the loot Is already coded in that lock? Or is it just a random loot that pops up when you open the lock? If that makes sense lol. And even with the planar recipe, is there a certain amount of runs (again by the community not 1 person) before the recipe drops? because I've heard of Afew people that have looted 3+ and others none in 500+ runs.
    Or can't you disclose that information if it is the case?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The only way to check the double odds is to create another arcane legends app where you have unlimited locked chests and do not need plat to open chests. If the odds are 0.2% for arcane(2/1000 or 1/500 ) and usualy if you open 5000 Chests you should get approximately 5 Arcane items ofc there has to be a shortcut to open 5000 Chests...Other then that i have no idea how it would be possible to demonstrate odds...You can't ask them to prove it to you when no one can even think of a rational solution :/

OR MORE SIMPLE: Someone like Remiem gets 50000 Locked Chests to open herself ( with a shortcut obviously) Live in Arcane Legends and show us a video of how many she looted having opened 50000 Lockeds..Should be around 50 Arcane items. I have no idea if this was helpful....Maybe its possible to do this? Sorry i tried :S
    Last edited by Yumisa; 01-19-2015 at 04:12 PM.