Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2x events

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Default 2x events

Would be cool to see more 2x events back in the game, would spice things up and bring more activity while also being very easy to code in. By 2x events I mean like 2x exp, damage, etc. You could even implement something such as 2x PvE drops for a short period of time where you'd get 2 drops from a boss instead of one. Sure that would lower the prices on things, but with the endless combo blessing event prices are already lower than they should be. You could have a 2x PvE drops event, and then after the event is over you could end the combo blessing event which would help prices gradually go back up.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

If you can explain to me why we would want the prices high other than so the rich can stay rich I may change my stance, but the higher prices of the past were a nightmare for newer players. I like the low prices as they are so that new players are engaged in the market and have motivation to cap knowing that they will be able to get the set needed for high level play.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

They need to have events like 2x xp 2x dmg weekends every weekend on a cycle. Almost every game has something like this. Its just showing the age even more i guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Its just showing the age even more i guess
    Name:  yoda.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  59.8 KB

/11charsnoshifty
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Name:  yoda.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  59.8 KB

/11charsnoshifty
    True i guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    If you can explain to me why we would want the prices high other than so the rich can stay rich I may change my stance, but the higher prices of the past were a nightmare for newer players. I like the low prices as they are so that new players are engaged in the market and have motivation to cap knowing that they will be able to get the set needed for high level play.
    I didn't say I wanted the prices to be high, I was just offering a solution to prevent items from being priced too low after a theoretical 2x drops event. You wouldn't want items to be so cheap that farming them would be pointless since you'd almost make no money, would you? The purpose for this thread was to introduce ideas for updates that are easily implemented. Your forum account is now under investigation for off-topic discussion so be careful out there mr congeniality aka mr walie aka walie aka fox. What does the fox say?
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

NO! JUST NO! I don't like the idea of having everything being low or easily farm-able. Why? The game gets boring. High prices should stay high, so we can work towards something. I'd rather merch/farm my way to 10m to say buy Pa's cap rather than buying it at 2m or get it "free". You talk about rich staying rich, so let them be. They earned it okay, you can't just willy-nilly come in and want everyone to be on the same stage. That's not how economy runs. We can't all be doctors or anything of the same occupation. That's not how our world runs. If anything you want to destroy the game economy, just because you or your new gens can't afford something, and want everything to be cheaply priced, and better yet free.

I started this game again about a month ago from scratch before new cap came out. I had no sets, no gold, no nothing. I worked my way up again. Where am I standing today? My game net is already worth 300mil. I didn't get it free, I merched, and I farmed. My bird and bear are already capped at 100 with elite sets. My mage is 96 and once she reaches 100. I'll farm her set. Even if it takes me 2 months, id rather farm because if i get all my sets, I've nothing left to work for. Just hop in to do pvp? That's all I can do? No, pve is very crucial part of this game and if everyone is getting stuff easily. We all get bored quite easily.

TLDR:
    Sorry, but I had to get my point across. No to having everything easily accessible. We want rare drops, so pve is active. Many players only play this game just to farm. and sorry if i offended you in any way. My deepest apologies.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KingCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingCat View Post
    NO! JUST NO! I don't like the idea of having everything being low or easily farm-able. Why? The game gets boring. High prices should stay high, so we can work towards something. I'd rather merch/farm my way to 10m to say buy Pa's cap rather than buying it at 2m or get it "free". You talk about rich staying rich, so let them be. They earned it okay, you can't just willy-nilly come in and want everyone to be on the same stage. That's not how economy runs. We can't all be doctors or anything of the same occupation. That's not how our world runs. If anything you want to destroy the game economy, just because you or your new gens can't afford something, and want everything to be cheaply priced, and better yet free.

I started this game again about a month ago from scratch before new cap came out. I had no sets, no gold, no nothing. I worked my way up again. Where am I standing today? My game net is already worth 300mil. I didn't get it free, I merched, and I farmed. My bird and bear are already capped at 100 with elite sets. My mage is 96 and once she reaches 100. I'll farm her set. Even if it takes me 2 months, id rather farm because if i get all my sets, I've nothing left to work for. Just hop in to do pvp? That's all I can do? No, pve is very crucial part of this game and if everyone is getting stuff easily. We all get bored quite easily.

TLDR:
    Sorry, but I had to get my point across. No to having everything easily accessible. We want rare drops, so pve is active. Many players only play this game just to farm. and sorry if i offended you in any way. My deepest apologies.
    If we wanna have a something specific for pve, let it be, let it be like any collector items or even the super pet that gives high stats etc all sorta things like that, but we should have basic set not highly rare. That really de-motivates, even to pve-ers

When just ppls r gonna download a moba and play exactly right after not just gonna do some months pve and then someday taste PvP. But ya PvP should have been separate track that we could have been play shortly after first download, that would then solve the situation and also would make PvP far more active on it's own.
    Last edited by Waug; 06-16-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingCat View Post

TLDR:
    I'm not saying have pa's cap be 2m XD! I'm saying that restoring the pricing to 50m sets and 30m vanity outfits would kill the new player base. Let's be real, players who just started won't be able to get to 80m, and likely won't even know how. Furthermore, what about the new players who don't / can't buy platinum? I just feel like making the game a more accessible experience is better for the player base.

As a side note, I have been playing since 2011, if that is new gen to you, so be it. But otherwise please keep the trash talk out of the forums.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm not saying have pa's cap be 2m XD! I'm saying that restoring the pricing to 50m sets and 30m vanity outfits would kill the new player base. Let's be real, players who just started won't be able to get to 80m, and likely won't even know how. Furthermore, what about the new players who don't / can't buy platinum? I just feel like making the game a more accessible experience is better for the player base.

As a side note, I have been playing since 2011, if that is new gen to you, so be it. But otherwise please keep the trash talk out of the forums.
    No one's talking about restoring the sets to 50m...they're not even worth 15m, even when they first came out. 30m for vanities is ideal, especially for vanities like cop/founders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

To stay on topic, I'd like week end events too, but as a elixir buff or something you can disable if you don't want it (for example if I don't want the XP event on a char, I could disable it, would suck to be unable to play for a week end cuz of an event)

Also, I'd agree with Walie, sets should be, max, let's say 3m, so everyone could get one. As a newgen I sometimes had hard time getting a set and it was just boring.
    Tho, I'm ok with vanity prices, if it's rare then make it high, since it doesnt change anything IG but your look.
    But today if I check cs, the bird dex engame set is 25+M, not everyone can afford it.