View Poll Results: What do you want the Dark legends age requirement to be?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • 17+

50 52.08%
  • 13+

46 47.92%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Age Requirement for Dark Legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I have read through every comment here and most of you say that it will be a higher age limit than Pocket Legends, i understand that, but it should be that I can play. If it is the age you said, I would have to wait a couple of years just to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Hey ardon!
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you are with someone 18+ you can go to an R movie even if you are like 3 years old lol!
    Also if your parent buys you an M rated game you are permitted to play it lol.
    Really it's quite sad that that this conversation is happening. There is no way sts will keep out 13 year olds.
    Also I'm willing to bet that pl/sl are mostly 13-15 years olds. Older than that they usually are preparing for college or have jobs. ( no offense to anyone older than 15 lol )

This is all just 2c.

-Zappaxe

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jugernuget wants back View Post
    omg dang adults just stop! Ur acting like no one can handle a little blood and im sure sts wouldn't put curse words in it. Mmos are for everyone at least a lot more than just a couple, there are not many players ur age and ur just not carin for us 13-16 cause ur older. If u were in our boots, what would u be saying? KEEP IT 13+ AND EVERYONE BEQUIET! If they put 17+ thank you skeletonlord for this stinking post
    At your age, I was mature enough to understand the circumstances. I would've been like aw man that sucks, but I understand why it has to be. Badgering everyone over and over when something doesn't go your way is what kids do. You're really not helping your case. It is what it is. I'm done replying to you, everyone else can have fun arguing with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

omg dang adults just stop! Ur acting like no one can handle a little blood and im sure sts wouldn't put curse words in it. Mmos are for everyone at least a lot more than just a couple, there are not many players ur age and ur just not carin for us 13-16 cause ur older. If u were in our boots, what would u be saying? KEEP IT 13+ AND EVERYONE BEQUIET! If they put 17+ thank you skeletonlord for this stinking post
    I'm 16, not an adult, yet I'm still for the maturity levels for DL.

So anyone can handle a little blood? Ever hear of something called hematophobia?

There's a lot more 18+ than 13-15 players in SL and PL, just BC you haven't met them doesn't mean they're not there.

If we didn't care for you, we'd just let you play the game even if its rated M.

Quote Originally Posted by zappaxe View Post
    Hey ardon!
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you are with someone 18+ you can go to an R movie even if you are like 3 years old lol!
    Also if your parent buys you an M rated game you are permitted to play it lol.
    Really it's quite sad that that this conversation is happening. There is no way sts will keep out 13 year olds.
    Also I'm willing to bet that pl/sl are mostly 13-15 years olds. Older than that they usually are preparing for college or have jobs. ( no offense to anyone older than 15 lol )

This is all just 2c.

-Zappaxe
    Sure you can get into an R rated movie with someone 18+, try getting in it alone, not likely. Correct? Therefore why would you even be allowed in there? Its BC of guardian/parent's consent.

Actually, by your parents you're permitted to play the game, but by law you can't.

Like i said when i quoted Jugernuget, the age being 18+ is way more than 13-15.

Hey look your right I'm older than 16 without a job! Spot on! Wait there's certain reasons why i don't have a job, forgot those reasons some people have didn't you.

STS keeps (tries) people under 13 from the forums and games due to law, what makes you think that if its rated M they wouldn't do the same with anyone under 17?

Ask yourself this.

Would STS risk losing some players or risk being in trouble with the law?

That'd my 2 cents.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon View Post
    I'll say it again. It's the law. If a game is classified as 17+ then the developer has to enforce that.

There are a to of 17+ players.
    17+ players probably make the majority of pl and sl.

If I was in your position I'd just accept it. I did so when I couldn't go to R rated movies, buy R rated games or when my brother's didn let me play certain games because they knew it was too much for me.
    stop with the law. No one is certain because no DEV has said it! Let the devs handle it and again.. I don't know why it capitalized DEV for me ...
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

XD ok I'm done
    Last edited by Jugernugett; 02-17-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

stop with the law. No one is certain because no DEV has said it! Let the devs handle it and again.. I don't know why it capitalized DEV for me ...
    Dude, I've never stated in here that it would be 17+, just hypothetically speaking.

If it does turn out to be 17+ it would fall on STS to keep out kids under 17.

I'd love for a dev to respond here. But I'm sure they can't give an answer because they aren't finished with the game and it hasn't been rated.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Hi, for all those who don't know me, I'm an adult and probably old enough to be the mother of most of the folks that have posted here. I personally don't care if a younger person plays, as long as their parents have reviewed the game and it's content and approved of their playing the game. But, I don't think that the law makes allowances for that.

For the younger crowd, please try to understand, age requirements are NOT randomly picked by STS. There is a a review process based on content, and then a rating is issued based on the content. STS doesn't get a vote in this process. The only thing that they can do to change the rating, would be to remove some of the content, that may be causing the 17+ rating. The only problem, unlike a movie, where a scene or two is removed to bring a rating down to PG or R, STS is dealing with line and lines of code. Not easy.

The adults here, are not trying to deliberately keep younger players from playing the game, it is the law, that will determine the rating, and the rating will determine if you can legally play DL. STS has to obey the law and if DL is rated as mature then, STS has to make reasonable efforts to obey the law, and enforce it if people are found who are breaking the law.

If you choose to break the law by lying about your age, then STS WILL have to enforce it based on TOS.

Please be patient and let's ALL see what the rating will be.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shellkaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I hope it's 17+
    *crosses fingers*

I'm a fan of anything with gore...and vampires that look like the ones from PL well idk...but if DL reminds me of something like Resident Evil, well OMG! (I'm speaking in the sense of the gore) I'll be in love with it.

BRING ON THE GORE!!!

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I think too much is being made about "protecting the kiddies". I'm 38 now and when I was 11 I watched princess leia prance around in a gold bikini and freddy kruger and jason cut up and disembow more people than I can remember. I survived that and I'm sure the poor helpless children will survive a mobile video game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I am 97% sure the game is going to be 12+.....did you know the only way for a game to be classified as higher than that is if it includes STRONG cuss words or if it has sexual content.gore alone doesnt make a game 17+....atleast not in the app store.dead space if anyone has played it,or searched it up,id only 12+.....i garuntee you DL will be no where near as gory as dead space,plus dead space includes bad words.dont jump to conclusions just because sts says its going to be gory...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I think too much is being made about "protecting the kiddies". I'm 38 now and when I was 11 I watched princess leia prance around in a gold bikini and freddy kruger and jason cut up and disembow more people than I can remember. I survived that and I'm sure the poor helpless children will survive a mobile video game.
    It's not a matter of if the "poor helpless children" (idk where you get this idea that they're poor and helpless if we never established that here) can handle this, its the LAW.

You might've reacted well to those types of things, but everyone reacts different.

Quote Originally Posted by OvigorothO View Post
    I am 97% sure the game is going to be 12+.....did you know the only way for a game to be classified as higher than that is if it includes STRONG cuss words or if it has sexual content.gore alone doesnt make a game 17+....atleast not in the app store.dead space if anyone has played it,or searched it up,id only 12+.....i garuntee you DL will be no where near as gory as dead space,plus dead space includes bad words.dont jump to conclusions just because sts says its going to be gory...
    Good thing you're only 97% sure BC you're already wrong. The game can't be 12+ BC the law requires you to be 13+ to access anything that has a chat function on the internet.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvigorothO View Post
    I have played Dead Space for Android and yes its gory and has bad lang, but was only 12+ so I'm pretty sure all the little kids will get to play DL to. So i don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about this if you do a little research everyone would find out everything will be A-OK.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

An important issue to be brought up, if it wasn't mentioned before. STS may have to do a lot of refunding for reserve names if the game turns out to be 17+. Personally, I like that rule, because it may prevent a lot of the drama that originates from immaturity.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    An important issue to be brought up, if it wasn't mentioned before. STS may have to do a lot of refunding for reserve names if the game turns out to be 17+. Personally, I like that rule, because it may prevent a lot of the drama that originates from immaturity.
    Hey Apollo - you make an interesting observation, and I know what you say may be true in a number of cases, but let's not confuse youth and immaturity, though... the two are not relative. (take yourself, for instance) Word to the wise...

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

People can be so ignorant ..... For all the children begging for the game rating to be lower , use your mind for a second , use logic.

Let's start with the rating.
    Rating of a game isn't picked by STS. They cant just randomly pick a rating . Rating Is based on the type of content in the game.For example SL and PL have a 13+ rating why ? Because of the chat box function. There fore blood and gore automatically will get DL a 17+ rating.
    Countless of others have said this before , if the game is legally supposed to be rated 17+ , STS has no choice but to adhere to said law. I'll give you an example . You walk into a store and pick of something off the shelf and walk out or you could pay for it then walk out . Which one of the two seems legal to you ? You will most likely get caught if you go with option #1 . What would the employee who sees you do ? He would call the police , why ? Because it's the law for said employee to do so . Like wise STS is in the same position.

Btw in SL out of 100 people I meet maybe 10 people are below 18 , so younger players don't really make up the majority .
    Remember us adults are the people who support this game.
    There is no guarantee that the game will be 17 + but if the website required a age requirement , don't get your hopes up about the game being 13 +

I was not going to post here but seriously come on ? Don't go around having that childish attitude .

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kanozaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MimeRifle View Post
    Hey Apollo - you make an interesting observation, and I know what you say may be true in a number of cases, but let's not confuse youth and immaturity, though... the two are not relative. (take yourself, for instance) Word to the wise...
    But the outliers don't balance out the majority. Yes, I'm aware of outliers, but they don't tip the scales. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

But the outliers don't balance out the majority. Yes, I'm aware of outliers, but they don't tip the scales. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
    Absolutely. Maybe it was just a back-handed message to the elderly members of our community (like me) who might sometimes act like "children".

I always get ya, Parth. Peace!!

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Yea it'll probably be 17+-_- I am not waiting for dark legends anymore... And I was gonna save my name to DL too...well.. Saved 20 platinum.

For the 17+'s.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Ah, these 14-16 year olds who reserved their names are guaranteeing that the names will be there when they are old enough to play. Even if I knew that I was too young for DL, I would not want anyone taking my name.

Plus... there is the well-known factor is STS ignorance. They don't have to seek out and ban all 12 year olds from PL or SL, they only have to ban them when they SAY they are under 13. I inferred that from something Sam posted. In other words, if you are under age, keep it to yourself, and they will have no reason to ban you.

But after considering all those factors, if someone wants to get their plat back, admitting their age being under 17, I'm sure STS will give them that refund.