Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: feed feature doesn't always work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default feed feature doesn't always work

i thought this was just me but a bunch of us in chat were having the same problem so it seems to be common...

my feed doesn't always work. It will fill up and the mouth will open and I press it and nothing happens. Yes, there are enemies around and it still doesn't happen. Some people think you have to be a certain distance away but i've had it work standing right on top of people. For me I'd say it doesn't work 10-25% of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Same problem for me, since day 1.

I thought I had it figured out yesterday (only tapping it once) instead of multiple times... but I still saw the issue.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Tap it when its screaming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imaddictedtoPL View Post
    I'm not an idiot I've tried that. It doesn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imaddictedtoPL View Post
    Oh. MAN!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I have the same problem, too. It's almost as if there's a line-of-sight issue, at play, even though this has happened when enemies are out in the open with me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ripper McGee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

It's true that this is an issue. Sometimes you get a "feed" but it does not work at all. Better off walk away from the mobs and start over. Very annoying.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default feed feature doesn't always work

Yes I've had this issue too and I know that I have been in range. Sometimes I swear I'm actually too close. I'll be right on top of a mob with a full skull and my vamp will just stand there when I tell her to feed. I have also died while actively feeding.
    SL: Staryknight 41 * Stary 41 * Starynite 40
    DL: Stary 26
    PL: Ardinia 70 * Ardinie 30 * Ardinio 20

*******Heaven N Hells Assassins*******

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Staryknight For This Useful Post:

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Mobs can still attack you when you are feeding so lets say for example, if vampire attacks ghoul a when health=1%, ghoul b,c and d comes over and attacks vampire for 3%/sx3, vampire=dead as it didn't even got a chance to regen in that split second.

It happened to me before too.
    Just accepy dying as being normal and slowly collect the 500 deaths achievement.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by =>HunterSLAYER<= View Post
    Mobs can still attack you when you are feeding so lets say for example, if vampire attacks ghoul a when health=1%, ghoul b,c and d comes over and attacks vampire for 3%/sx3, vampire=dead as it didn't even got a chance to regen in that split second.

It happened to me before too.
    Just accepy dying as being normal and slowly collect the 500 deaths achievement.
    I don't mind the dying so much. But it messes up the flow of the game. Means I have to start over with 25% health (or whatever it is). If you're at the boss, you just have to wait to regen. Even if you aren't at the boss, with low health its difficult to get your thirst up enough before you get subdued again.

And yes, this is mostly complaining because I am very stingy with blood packs. I prefer to use them in the course of a fight rather than to regen my health after death. At the same time, I don't like wasting them because I can't feed.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I am guessing this is happening when you are desperate for blood? I have found that the blood meter fills, but also drops with time. Now it has a threshold where if it goes over, you can feed, and it can still gain blood at that time. The problem is when you just get a little blood to send it over, it drops back down below the threshold before you can even tap it. This becomes extremely frustrating, because that is when you need it the most. When you are hacking an slashing and it gets over filled, this does not become an issue.

Also, still having the issue where if you let it get to flashing then feed, it will keep up the flashing. Posted these in another thread, but hopefully they will find a way to fix em.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Indeed, I've had this annoying issue, too. Mash the button and my toon does the beginning animation but doesn't actually jump on anyone and feed.

-----
    Sent from my ICS powered HTC Evo 3D

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    Indeed, I've had this annoying issue, too. Mash the button and my toon does the beginning animation but doesn't actually jump on anyone and feed.

-----
    Sent from my ICS powered HTC Evo 3D
    Starting to feed but not feeding is a different 'issue'. That is typically caused by another player or even a delayed skill (like fatal burst) killing the mob you are trying to feed off of. I have had that happen a couple times, where I am trying to get some food, grab a mob, and the other players hellblades disintegrate it before I can even get a nibble.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If the skull is full with the mouth open and tapping it does not work, the issue might be related to line of sight. So you might need to re-position yourself if you are on a bridge or your enemy is around the corner.

The skull might not open even when it looks full for a few different reasons. Your enemy might be in the process of spawning in or being knocked down, or you might need one more kill for full feeding power.

If you are experiencing something outside of the listed conditions, please post the following:
    1. What mission are you on?
    2. Are you playing multi-player or solo?
    3. Is the skull failing to open when full, or is your character failing to feed while the skull is already open?
    4. Are you fighting a boss?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

It happens to me, too. Whether I use the "Q" in Chrome or tap the skull (when it's screaming, lol), sometimes the vampire just growls at the sky even when I am standing next to the victim.

------------------------------------
    ah darn... ninja'd by a dev

1. Any 3D. (not a factor)
    2. Either solo or multi. (not a factor)
    3. As described by me and everyone above, failing to feed.
    4. Either. (not a factor)

p.s. It's not line-of-sight. She's looking right at him and failing to feed.

The response sounds like the devs have never seen it happen. That's very, very hard to believe.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 05-08-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bpog View Post
    If the skull is full with the mouth open and tapping it does not work, the issue might be related to line of sight. So you might need to re-position yourself if you are on a bridge or your enemy is around the corner.

The skull might not open even when it looks full for a few different reasons. Your enemy might be in the process of spawning in or being knocked down, or you might need one more kill for full feeding power.

If you are experiencing something outside of the listed conditions, please post the following:
    3. Is the skull failing to open when full, or is your character failing to feed while the skull is already open?
    For me it happens on every map.

Solo or multi.

With skull pulsing with mouth open. Even after it doesn't work I've check to make sure i didn't lose blood. Its still opened and pulsing.

Mostly mobs but also happens at bosses.

Even standing in the midst of a group of zombies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default eugh

Happens to me loads i have died tons.because of this -.-
    SL:Abbasjammy 46 opp Abbasjammmy 46 comm Abbasjamy
    45 eng Irushrushers 25 pvper crstore money 2010 player yup thats right im an old timer B-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yep, happens on every map.
    Happens with the skull mouth open.
    Happens even if you have lots of blood.
    Happens even if your ping is good, though sometimes, the issue really is lag.
    Happens in the middle of a big room, surrounded by live zombies/ghouls. It is NOT line of sight.

My feeling is that this is related to targeting, such as when a Power, such as Shadow Dance, fails or hits the wall.

If the target failure is due to ping, as in the zombie/ghoul really isn't there anymore, then you're out of luck.

If it's just that the target is plain wrong, the easiest thing to do is to force the game to re-target. That's why the solution is to move around -- it's not that you are getting a certain distance, even though it often seems that way. It is that as you move, the game is finally seeing the blood sacks around you and picking one to feed on. We can only hope that the next one that's picked can be fed upon successfully.

So you've got to move around, probably away from the ghouls (save yourself!), then back to them (close in to feed) and hit that skull quickly when you see the open mouth and hope it's ok this time.

If you are failing a lot, try to move away, then towards a zombie no one is killing or that is beyond the current group. It's possible that the current group is actually dead (killed by your partners) and has not shown up for you yet.

This latter is not always the case (I think there's other issues with targeting, like the object's moved and the game is confused), but moving around is the best chance you have of finally getting a "live" zombie.

While you are trying to find a good zombie, of course, you cannot move so far away that you cannot get back to a blood sack in time (skull is timed), or do actions that discharge the skull (use skills, maybe also just hacking).
    Last edited by Fyrce; 05-08-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bpog View Post

i agree with snake, aedenos and fyrce. I'm certain it's happened in all these situations but I'll pay more attention to make sure. Like i said it's not that uncommon at all. Fyrce is also right when she says moving around seems to help.

I've also had the situation happen that fluff was talking about when you just barely get enough blood to activate it but then it goes lower and the skull goes from open mouth to all red. This is different. This has the mouth open and flashing but not working when i tap it until I move around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Actually it works for me mainly on bosses however mobs not so much. I've died many a times because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20