Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Something to look forward to alongside daily and hourly rune farming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    1). These are old armours originally used to make progress in the game and not leader board vanities so its not the same as everyone wearing "medusa, ice spirit, Frankenstein, Golem, etc".

2). "Making recipes to craft the existing items into vanities" is just your way of asking for free gold from the developers i.e. asking them to inject artificial value into your collection (something they have stated they do not do; hence the old weapons chosen by the AL community converted to vanities being sold for 1,000 platinum each and not just having the originals converted by a recipe alone as the mandatory option).

3). We are asking for the originals that we love. And no, its not the same as asking for the original jester vanities because anyone who played during season 1-5 could log in after 10 years and have such a collection (which wasn't earned as most were just mob drops of no value - like those smelly plates you liquidate while in PvE maps today to free up inventory space), therefore you are only one case.

4). I bought a shady and surge egg for 30 million gold and opened it. The developers decided to give that pet that I WORKED HARD TO COLLECT GOLD FOR away for free during the eggzavier event; resulting in its current value of around 3 million gold. Sadly, that wasn't the only egg i bought before that event was released. I'd say i spent just over 100 million gold for all the pets that i could buy for a total of about 15 million today. I know people that have spent up to 300 million gold (for some, much more) to get such pets which they can now purchase for a total of 40 million gold. Sure you spent millions on such items, but so did I and so did they. I guess your reply is that such items we bought were bound to lose value overtime, well, the same goes for you. Unless you're saying gold grows on Arlor trees, you should assume that it also took me (and some of them) years to accumulate such an amount of gold to make these purchases, which leads on to point number 5.

5). You yourself decided to spend millions collecting such just like us. Don't be expecting special treatment.

1. The fact that people spent a lot of time and money earning these discontinued items makes them just as important as the "leaderboard vanities" The amount of effort it took me to find a crier vest for rogue was way more compared to the amount of time I spent trying to find a medusa set.

2. Instead of actually responding to this by asking yourself whether you would like to be able to use everything as a vanity, you start to search for underlying reasons for people to ask this of STS, and again you are mistaken. I sold all my extra collectibles a while back. The only reason I would like to be able to use these sets as a vanity, is because I genuinely think many sets are beautiful and I would like to wear them all the time, instead of just in towns. I would naturally also be in favor of making items you turn into a vanity untradeable. I think any real fan of the beautiful sets STS designed would be in favour of being able to wear them all the time, instead of merely when you are not actually playing the game.

3. You are just asking for the items that you claim to "love", but you lack the patience and determination it takes to actually farm for these items, which are all still readily available to those willing to spend time and effort just like other collectors did. You claim leaderboard vanities are different from rare collectibles because these items were not rare at one point in the game. This completely disregards the fact that people who are playing now spent a lot of effort and gold on trying to obtain these items, on a similar level to the leaderboard vanities that were rare from the start. And for your information, the jester sets you used as an example are NOT a leaderboard vanity and could be earned by anyone with very little effort when they were released, by posting a screenshot on the forums and having a healthy dose of luck.

4. "Something bad happened to me, so it's only fair that it should happen to others as well!" That sounds like a great motto to live by right? Right. When certain pets which actually give unique advantages ingame get rereleased, it is only to create a balance within the game when only a minority of the players would have access to powerful pets that are helpful in pve and pvp. Vanities do not give any advantage ingame at all. Comparing gear and pets to vanities is like comparing socks to a ballad.

5. Funny, you ask STS to rerelease rare sets which would ruin the ingame achievements of others, yet you are pulling the "don't expect special treatment" card. Perhaps if you started actually working for the items you desire ingame instead of expecting them to be delivered to you on a plate, this kind of argument would sound less ridiculous.

Creating an environment where any achievement you have worked so hard to reach can just be flushed away in an instant will only make people lose motivation to play, instead of rereleasing sets we should be thinking of new ways to use these great designs by recoloring existing sets or adding new details.
    Last edited by Ent; 06-02-2017 at 05:15 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post:

DK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ent View Post
    1. The fact that people spent a lot of time and money earning these discontinued items makes them just as important as the "leaderboard vanities" The amount of effort it took me to find a crier vest for rogue was way more compared to the amount of time I spent trying to find a medusa set.

2. Instead of actually responding to this by asking yourself whether you would like to be able to use everything as a vanity, you start to search for underlying reasons for people to ask this of STS, and again you are mistaken. I sold all my extra collectibles a while back. The only reason I would like to be able to use these sets as a vanity, is because I genuinely think many sets are beautiful and I would like to wear them all the time, instead of just in towns. I would naturally also be in favor of making items you turn into a vanity untradeable. I think any real fan of the beautiful sets STS designed would be in favour of being able to wear them all the time, instead of merely when you are not actually playing the game.

3. You are just asking for the items that you claim to "love", but you lack the patience and determination it takes to actually farm for these items, which are all still readily available to those willing to spend time and effort just like other collectors did. You claim leaderboard vanities are different from rare collectibles because these items were not rare at one point in the game. This completely disregards the fact that people who are playing now spent a lot of effort and gold on trying to obtain these items, on a similar level to the leaderboard vanities that were rare from the start. And for your information, the jester sets you used as an example are NOT a leaderboard vanity and could be earned by anyone with very little effort when they were released, by posting a screenshot on the forums and having a healthy dose of luck.

4. "Something bad happened to me, so it's only fair that it should happen to others as well!" That sounds like a great motto to live by right? Right. When certain pets which actually give unique advantages ingame get rereleased, it is only to create a balance within the game when only a minority of the players would have access to powerful pets that are helpful in pve and pvp. Vanities do not give any advantage ingame at all. Comparing gear and pets to vanities is like comparing socks to a ballad.

5. Funny, you ask STS to rerelease rare sets which would ruin the ingame achievements of others, yet you are pulling the "don't expect special treatment" card. Perhaps if you started actually working for the items you desire ingame instead of expecting them to be delivered to you on a plate, this kind of argument would sound less ridiculous.

Creating an environment where any achievement you have worked so hard to reach can just be flushed away in an instant will only make people lose motivation to play, instead of rereleasing sets we should be thinking of new ways to use these great designs by recoloring existing sets or adding new details.
    1). Sounds similar to 'the fact that people spent a lot of time' farming the 'money' required to buy those pets.
    2). 'Underlying reasons for people to ask' what 'of STS' exactly?
    3). The same 'lack' of 'patience and determination' to farm 100 million gold to buy those pets.
    4). Its called making a reference to an earlier example. Even still, the final say is with the developers who seem to have shown an interest in this alongside many players (who greatly outnumber those that disagree including yourself).
    5). Because the sleepless nights players spent for weeks running maps to end up in the top 10 in each class to receive shady and surge after it had been said not to be returning ever again; only to have it re-released is not ruining 'ingame' 'achievement'.

-1 to recolouring the vanities.

The special treatment you guys are publicly asking for is quite amusing.

Its only logical that the collectors themselves alongside the friends they asked to come and make comments (the minority) would disagree with this thread

Thanks
    Last edited by Perceval; 06-02-2017 at 06:18 PM.