Thread: Thrasher runs only are ruining the playing experience?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Like anything in this game or in this world, you can complain that somebody else is doing something bad to you and you want someone else to fix it for you. OR you can take steps to fix the situation yourself. You can sit on the forums and gripe about how thrashers have ruined PL and all those players suck and have no skill and at the end of the day, no one is going to do anything about it. We have had this same conversation time and again with each new expansion. STS hasn't done anything to change it because THAT IS HOW THEY MAKE MONEY.

I used a crap load of thrashers at the previous 2 expansions to cap 3 characters in each expansion. I haven't been buying them recently or actually leveling or playing too much so far, but I can make the argument based on my use of thrashers in the previous expansions.

You need to understand that everyone is driven by self interest. If I am going to spend my money to get a thrasher and I know I can find others who are willing to do the same and make my runs faster and efficient, then it makes sense for me to boot people without thrashers. This is especially true during this period of time when MANY very good players are ALSO on thrashers and there are a huge number of people on thrashers. If I boot you, there is a very high likelihood that someone with a thrasher will join my group. When they do, they will probably join me again for the next run and the next and the next until we have a full group of people with thrashers blowing through the map with ease.

Our group could easily carry a few non-thrashers along with us, but why would we want to if there are plenty of other people who will buy a pot? I don't always kick, especially if you prove to me that you are a good player, or if you are a friend or a guildie, but some random player with perhaps a mishmosh of gear, who could very well also be a non-healing mage or a scatter bear will probably get the boot.

So what do you do then? As already mentioned above.
    1. Find and make friends to run with. Thats 10x more fun than running with PUGs anyway! You will have things to talk about! You will be able to coordinate with them! You will have fun!
    2. Join a strong guild! This is similar to the 1st point, except it makes it even easier to find friends!
    3. Host your OWN games. If you are a strong player, even without a thrasher on, there will be others who join, see your skill and continue to play with you. Who knows, you might even, I don't know, DEVELOP a friendship with these other individuals who prefer to play the game PURE without any steroids and you will have no problem hosting games.

Truly the key is making friends. If you are a nice player and do not suck at the game, there will be plenty of people who will be willing to run with you whether or not you have a thrasher on.

If you don't have that ability, then just complain about being booted a lot.

P.S. My post came after your last one, so please disregard the slightly scathing nature of my post!
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post: