Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time For A New Era---Help in the quest to restore PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggron View Post
    I have an idea, make health 10x the amount now.

1. It doesn't take that much effort for StG,
    2. Even if a class dodge haxes, it doesn't matter as much because now it takes 1-2 combos (bird v bird) instead of 1-2 skills,
    3. And if possible, make bears taunt skill give 300 health (stacked 600) instead of the dodge, and give evade 750 health,
    4. Separates the skilled and the weak
    WOAH taunt 300 HEALTH!! they have a crap load of DODGE!! And you say use a taunt buff to add (300!!!!!!!)) WOW bears are the op class atm and you say give them that? No thanks give them nothing unless reduce there dodge about 25-30% and give maybe 150-200 more health or whatever
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    WOAH taunt 300 HEALTH!! they have a crap load of DODGE!! And you say use a taunt buff to add (300!!!!!!!)) WOW bears are the op class atm and you say give them that? No thanks give them nothing unless reduce there dodge about 25-30% and give maybe 150-200 more health or whatever
    "instead of the dodge"

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggron View Post
    "instead of the dodge"
    I think I'll have to disagree with this...
    Reasons: If what you said happens, and savage does get nerfed in the dodge n dmg..guess what? Bears will barely
    have dodge.
    Only reason I'm saying this is because bears are a str based char, who are supposed to dodge, hence the two dodge buffs. Yes, the dodge they have buffed in savage is way too much, but I think the better way to approach this situations is by nerfing the dodge buffs (or decrease in the skill cap) and nerfing savage dodge. That way, bears CAN dodge, but not as OP.
    Basically, bears do need the dodge, so taking away the dodge and putting more health in the buffs, along with savages wont help.

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Caiahar For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I rarely post in the PL section these days, but I did play around with PL after the nerf settled in.

I personally think that the following changes should be made:

• Debuffs should hit 100% of the time, regardless of dodge however, the amount that a debuff debuffs stats by should be reduced. Note: If your hit is below 100%, the debuff can miss.
    • There should be an increased PvP global damage nerf. I believe Asommers already put the algorithm into PvP a long time ago, so the only thing that would be needed is to increase the amount of damage reduced in that algorithm.
    • Critical hits should have a way to be debuffed. In AL, this exists so classes like rogue which can stack crit cannot be running with 70%+ crit all the time. There is a check in order to maintain balance. PL, however, doesn't have that.

This way, the savage set doesn't need to be nerfed because debuffs can land 100% of the time, provided that your hit percent is above 100. What this does is take the luck factor out of the equation and instead makes one rely on their skill and timing of landing the debuffs first.

If I think of more later, I will. Right now, my brain is numb from advanced calculus.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Have eliminating elite rings from pvp ever be considered? Probably not since most use the excuses such as "I earned this". Well I'm not arguing that fact but 3 piece and dragon is a contributing factor to being OP. the sets and chances of dodge and all others mentioned by the original poster are correct. People who have the 3 piece are indeed at a greater advantage and the imbalance is partially due to the difference in the stats they have vs a regular player. Sets should be looked at for sure but let's take a look at the increase of stats the 3 piece rings give and see if it's still fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Sounds good to me, devs come on! Tbh devs have attempted to fix pvp a few times now and hasn't completely cleared it up, I still have a little faith left in pl, you made this game, you finish it.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Isopure View Post
    Have eliminating elite rings from pvp ever be considered? Probably not since most use the excuses such as "I earned this". Well I'm not arguing that fact but 3 piece and dragon is a contributing factor to being OP. the sets and chances of dodge and all others mentioned by the original poster are correct. People who have the 3 piece are indeed at a greater advantage and the imbalance is partially due to the difference in the stats they have vs a regular player. Sets should be looked at for sure but let's take a look at the increase of stats the 3 piece rings give and see if it's still fair.
    Don't bring that up now, please... We need to focus on besides that right now.. Also, get a dragon set, that helps doesn't it?
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sounds good to me, devs come on! Tbh devs have attempted to fix pvp a few times now and hasn't completely cleared it up, I still have a little faith left in pl, you made this game, you finish it.
    Haven't you heard the news? They made brand new updates to graphics for pl! It's called AL! Sams words not mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Haven't you heard the news? They made brand new updates to graphics for pl! It's called AL! Sams words not mine.
    Hmmmm, I did just delete PL^^ might get back into Al lol, you won sam! You won -_-
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Don't bring that up now, please... We need to focus on besides that right now.. Also, get a dragon set, that helps doesn't it?
    You'd think it does but I can show you my stats vs 3 ring bears. 60+ hp 12+ armor 6+ dodge and hit sure do contribute to the fairness factor. Like I said they earned it for sure but if we are going to get down to the TRUE fairness then the stats the rings and egg give can not be ignored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I cant disagree with you mate... But they shouldn't be focusing on that right now :/
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Birds right now are fine IMO, its just the set that needs nerfing and some of their skills.
    Bears, too much dodge, because first, they already have 2 dodge skills. At level 9. Which gives some good dodge. But savage has lots of dodge too, giving bear INSANE dodge, as well as making other classes (pallys and stuff) OP as well. Bears are supposed to dodge yes, but the level 9 buffs and savage dodge is just way too much.
    Mages themselves are okay I guess, but the fiery set is just too underpowered compared to the 2 other sets. Bird does what, blast root blind repulse and BOOM mages are dead, alive if they're lucky.

Foxes are IMO good. They can't beat str chars, because of savage, another reason to Nerf savages dodge. Fox just needs a skill to get out of stun, frost, or root. They already do, but Evade does it. I mean, its their BUFF, they cast it first. Its like making a bears iron blood or evasion only do that. So their bandage should get them out.

Rhinos, I have already said some on this matter, but I'll explain a bit further.
    1. Why can't they beat str chars?
    Well they can't, they don't have reliable debuffs. And I do know they dont kill, but at least make them be able to kill something other than dex chars and int mages. They can't beat savage chars because their dodge debuff totally sucks, -18 dodge lvl 9 Summon is a fail debuff. So if you want to beat other str chars, it should be something like -dmg or something. Or even boost the dodge debuff itself and make it way more higher. Or possible armor debuff, although in the current situation, armor barely counts anymore.
    The holy tempest, which is a dmg skill and debuff, doesn't even debuff -hit much, rather, its chance to do it at a certain %. Needs to be higher % and higher -hit.

2. Boost base health to 500.
    Yeah yeah, I'm crazy. Putting rhinos health to 500. But if you think about it, a char thats supposed to be str based has lower health than a dex and int based char is weird. Wat. In return for boosting health, the armor buffs could go down a bit.

3. More dodge.
    Wow, did I just say that? Yep I did. Brute force needs to have more dodge, since its only thing it can be used for (other than 5 armor..pfff) its 10 dodge at lvl 9. WAT. Guardian doesn't need more dodge, IMO a skill that acts as a second heal and gives you armor is awesome. But if Brute force gave more dodge, wouldn't rhino be OP with savage? Hm, ANOTHER reason to Nerf savages dodge.

I can't think of much anymore, but when I do, ill post.
    These are all some nice suggestions, and I hate to be the Devil's Advocate here, but we should not forget about PvE.
    It seems the general majority of players at endgame these days need that extra tanking ability that comes with Savage Set to survive at endgame, especially on all classes except Bird. BSM is considered a difficult dungeon to do in comparison to all previous dungeons (assuming no elixirs).
    The best solution here would be to nerf stats only in PvP for given sets, as in PvE, all the OP-ness of a STR set is much appreciated by newer and less experienced players. If you think about it, these powerful endgame sets might be the reason for the influx of players who don't just quit after hitting 75/76- they want to play around with their sets for fun.

The best solution would be to nerf stats only in PvP, but that requires a lot of code, according to Developers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    These are all some nice suggestions, and I hate to be the Devil's Advocate here, but we should not forget about PvE.
    It seems the general majority of players at endgame these days need that extra tanking ability that comes with Savage Set to survive at endgame, especially on all classes except Bird. BSM is considered a difficult dungeon to do in comparison to all previous dungeons (assuming no elixirs).
    The best solution here would be to nerf stats only in PvP for given sets, as in PvE, all the OP-ness of a STR set is much appreciated by newer and less experienced players. If you think about it, these powerful endgame sets might be the reason for the influx of players who don't just quit after hitting 75/76- they want to play around with their sets for fun.

The best solution would be to nerf stats only in PvP, but that requires a lot of code, according to Developers.
    I disagree.

Ppl need to learn to play as a team and learn their toons.

In PVP and PVE, a tank's weapon should not have more damage than a mage's. It simple logic. The damage needs to be nerfed then health or armor could have a slight increase.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

First of all I said on my thread this isn't a flame thread. So I'm going to ask you to please stop posting on how "bad" pl is. Sts has developed this game for a long time, and to my personally I think they have far over passed their stay. So for people to start saying they should sell their game, is absolutely ridiculous. Are there a lot of things that sts does that I don't agree with? Yes... But suggesting we should get them to sell pl? How do you think that makes them feel? They have feelings toward this game, a lot of feelings. So if you want the devs to respond to this thread, why don't some of you show some respect. This is suppose to be a discussion and hopefully solution to pvp, not something to bash the devs about.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imxoriginal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imxoriginal View Post
    First of all I said on my thread this isn't a flame thread. So I'm going to ask you to please stop posting on how "bad" pl is. Sts has developed this game for a long time, and to my personally I think they have far over passed their stay. So for people to start saying they should sell their game, is absolutely ridiculous. Are there a lot of things that sts does that I don't agree with? Yes... But suggesting we should get them to sell pl? How do you think that makes them feel? They have feelings toward this game, a lot of feelings. So if you want the devs to respond to this thread, why don't some of you show some respect. This is suppose to be a discussion and hopefully solution to pvp, not something to bash the devs about.

First of all where exactly did I say pl is bad? I don't recall posting that. I could do a response where I can further prove you wrong but I won't here. If you must insist on calling me out feel free to take it to my thread titled "just keeping it real guys" because Id love to continue further.

I apologize to the original poster for the off topicness, and aledged disrespectful behavior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

First of all where exactly did I say pl is bad? I don't recall posting that. I could do a response where I can further prove you wrong but I won't here. If you must insist on calling me out feel free to take it to my thread titled "just keeping it real guys" because Id love to continue further.

I apologize to the original poster for the off topicness, and aledged disrespectful behavior.
    Thanks for apologizing. Let's just end it at that. Keep the suggestions coming guys. I'm going to do a finalized copy once everyone contributed with their ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Ahh fix pvp or not idk. It's been what a year lvl 76 cap has been out? A huge reason they can't put out a new cap is because pvp will just get worse with 900 skill damage lol. Before a new cap a complete revamp is nessesary. People need to take an account of money wise this does cost STG money they pay their employees. No company will pay employees to work on something for a long time that won't profit as much as say AL would. Interest of the public majority Right now it's AL. However if spacetime maybe worked on pl revamp this whole time as a side project I would imagine by a year it would be done but obviously that's not the case. I don't think spacetime will be picking up pocket legends any time soon however I'm a full supporter of pocket legends and wish it was fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    Ahh fix pvp or not idk. It's been what a year lvl 76 cap has been out? A huge reason they can't put out a new cap is because pvp will just get worse with 900 skill damage lol. Before a new cap a complete revamp is nessesary. People need to take an account of money wise this does cost STG money they pay their employees. No company will pay employees to work on something for a long time that won't profit as much as say AL would. Interest of the public majority Right now it's AL. However if spacetime maybe worked on pl revamp this whole time as a side project I would imagine by a year it would be done but obviously that's not the case. I don't think spacetime will be picking up pocket legends any time soon however I'm a full supporter of pocket legends and wish it was fixed.
    Yeah, well it does look like we gathered a majority of the peoples data. I will find a time this weekend to compile it all to finalize the thread. Hopefully, we can expect a dev response by Monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Time For A New Era---Help in the quest to restore PVP

Bump^
    For the great amount of time and effort imxoriginal has worked on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I believe it's not the characters. I think it's the sets. End of story.
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.