Thread: Item Prices Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    The Solstice Fire Star is the only one of these that looks like a wrist gem and has a speed bonus. That is why this one is worth 10 mil.

I have been told that the Solstice Fire Jewel appears to look like a wrist gem but it does NOT give the speed bonus. Note, I do not have one of these so I cannot confirm it. I have seen this one for around 6 mil often. Again, I can't say for certain if it does give the wearer the glowing braclet look, but in the preview window of auction house, I do see it on my toon.

The Solstice Fire Shard is basically USELESS. It is was one piece that we used back in 2012 during the special event to create the Solstice Fire Star gem. You had collect two pieces and take them to a special character that appeared in the street ONLY during the event. There is no way to craft the Solstice Fire Star gem now. The Shard does NOT grant you a speed bonus, nor does it give the toon the appearance of a glowing wrist gem. The only way it is at all useful is that it is one of the few gems that a level 1 toon can equip. Unless you are a level 1 character, this gem is a waste of gold. It is not worth 8 mil. It shouldn't even be sold in auction for 1 mil. I have some left over in my stash, but I won't sell them because I think the majority of the people that would buy one are confused about what they are getting.

Very true

The Solstice Fire Jewel does not have an aura effect like the Solstice Fire Star.
    I don't believe it gives a speed boost either.

I think players just like the Solstice Fire Shard because it is kind of hard to come by as it's a level 1 gem from a long time ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Annin View Post
    Very true

The Solstice Fire Jewel does not have an aura effect like the Solstice Fire Star.
    I don't believe it gives a speed boost either.

I think players just like the Solstice Fire Shard because it is kind of hard to come by as it's a level 1 gem from a long time ago
    I just bought a Solstice Fire Jewel to check, and it does have the glowing wrist gem look but it does NOT have the speed bonus.

The majority of the people I know that have bought a Solstice Fire Shard, thought they were buying the glowing wrist gem and were disappointed. If you keep it on your list, maybe nice to add a note that it doesn't appear as a wrist gem nor has a speed bonus.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

3. The Following User Says Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post: