Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rogues + hooks = pvp loser

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    OP just like the hooks were in S3?
    A bow is still comparable to a dagger because a bow has more damage and range, the L26 pros had bonechill bows didnt they
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    I dont mind having a useless arcane (for pvp) as long as the mage arcane isnt too OP. Let me give explanation as I will get flamed by the frog community.

The rogue with full mythic will have around 330-350 dmg on L36. The mage with full mythic will have around 370-390 dmg next expansion. The buffed rogue arcane gives probably 300 dmg on L36. The mage arcane staff (yes itll be a staff/rod) will be expected to hit 700dps, around 350-380+ damage.

If a staff has any higher than 380+ dmg (even as an arcane) I would declare it as OP because its a DPS weapon not a damage inflicter - just like the arcane weapon for rogue.

My $0.02
    You can't just compare dmg between classes. Rogues have high crit which also stacks. Comparing dmg doesn't provide evaluation.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Otawaazavie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Like Jay said, Rogue had their time. Warrior are having their time (still, but only for a bit now) and Sorcerers will have their time in a few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Amen sister!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uziscata For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Guys, rogues have crit only.. that crit is accidental. Mages can stun and have crit too. Rogues dont have stun as mages. I dont mean slag. And now what we see? Warrior with maul have much hp, much dmg and stun. After update same for mages. And wat abt rogues? Yes! High crit! Oh wait! Crit is accidental...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castellann View Post
    Guys, rogues have crit only.. that crit is accidental. Mages can stun and have crit too. Rogues dont have stun as mages. I dont mean slag. And now what we see? Warrior with maul have much hp, much dmg and stun. After update same for mages. And wat abt rogues? Yes! High crit! Oh wait! Crit is accidental...
    What do you mean its "accidental?"

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Idk about you, but I have no problem killing mages with hooks. Also, any non arcane mauls go down pretty easily with hooks. It's only versus a bow, they're not as good as needed but even then, they're darn good. Honestly, pretty good for an L26 weapon.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I just feel arcane and mythic weapons should be swapped. Arcane bow, gun, maul (warrior should stay). that would be a BA weapon
    Credits to Iady

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I just feel arcane and mythic weapons should be swapped. Arcane bow, gun, maul (warrior should stay). that would be a BA weapon
    Maybe the next cycle of arcane weapons will be these? Just imagine an arcane bow in two seasons!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Maybe the next cycle of arcane weapons will be these? Just imagine an arcane bow in two seasons!
    in 2 seasons I won't even play lol but it must be cool
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    4k crits pls? *dreams*
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So, now full mythic mage has 360 dmg, War has 400dmg, rogue has 311dmg. yes, rogues have high crit but it do not always (~3crit of 10 shots) mage have shield, crit, stun (fireball) = shield, stun,crit, stun = rogue dead. Wars with maul can easily kill a full mythic rogue too. Rogues just dont have a "must have" weapon like mage and war.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JetSett For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Idk but tanks can own mages
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Ok I wanna give an opinion on maul... as the discussion is going from rogues to mages and warriors.

Maul without proc is crapper than the blue hammer. I see ppls complaining maul proc very offen.... guys who has maul knows how offen it proc ( ITS ACTUALLY RARE... and u have to be lucky)..... I have fights 5 vs 5 in which the maul doesnt even proc and I feel like : " F... maul... should I use entombed hammer / storm sword? "

I am fighting in PVP alot... and I hate when I get 2-3 hits from roques..... we can't compare 400 damage on warrior with 300+ damage on rogue.... very big difference!!!! warrior normal hits 200 - 400 hp down? Rogues normal hits?

I don't care if STS will change something... but just think if anyone will say his opinion and STS will take it in consideration the game will be empty (without players).....

I agree the hooks should atleast upgraded to lvl 31... but then we will see stories like ... ROGUES ARE OP... and we saw alot of them so far.

Please be patient ... we don't even know stats about mage arc weap....

Also maybe we will see an improvement on the upgraded mythics (war + armor)?

I fought rogues 1vs1 and I also lose with maul... so to conclude it WAR + MAUL ARE NOT OP AT ALL!

This is an warrior perspective....

No flames please... nothing to do with Castellanna thread... I just speak cause I see alot saying warrior is OP.

Good luck to all, have fun and enjoy the game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Rogues were so OP during season 3, that at one point near the end of that season 23 of the top 25 spots on the CTF kills leaderboard were rogues. And still to this day most of the spots on the CTF & TDM kills leaderboard are rogues. When mages hold most of the spots on those leaderboards, then you will have the right to complain. Until that time, it's just whining IMO.

As for numbers, In season 3 rogues with hooks had by far the highest damage (200+) and dps (400+). Now in season 4 warriors with maul have 400+ dmg which is far more than any other class. So I would expect that in season 5 mages with their arcane weapon will have the most damage as well. Considering a warrior at level 31 with maul has 400+ dmg, I would expect after leveling up to 36 and upgrading their armor/helm to 36, the warrior should have increased damage to around 450 with that same maul. So I would expect mage arcane weapon to be significantly higher than that. Just as the other classes had their chance to be OP with an arcane weapon, so should mages.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castellann View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSett View Post
    So, now full mythic mage has 360 dmg, War has 400dmg, rogue has 311dmg. yes, rogues have high crit but it do not always (~3crit of 10 shots) mage have shield, crit, stun (fireball) = shield, stun,crit, stun = rogue dead. Wars with maul can easily kill a full mythic rogue too. Rogues just dont have a "must have" weapon like mage and war.
    Mages have crit?? If u consider 10% crit is high then yes. Don't forget that mages' skills like fb or heal need to be charged to stun and heal mana respectively. If rogues want stun, use a stun pet. You can't have all.
    Last edited by Otawaazavie; 08-21-2013 at 01:48 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Otawaazavie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Every one that has been posting about how warrios or rogues are not going to be as op this season make me laugh. Not one person except the people playing the sorc where complaining in s2-s3 about how op rogues nd warrios were compared to us, no one listened. Now every one knows that sorc has a very high potential to do some damage and kill quickly and will now be.getting a.arcane weapon. My 2 cents is that the people making these threads are scared of how pro the sorc is going to be and are suger coating the question "can you nurf sorcs?" Before the next expansiin comes
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

25. The Following User Says Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Now is sorcerers time. Enough said. They r having their time like other 2 classes had. so rogues just need to endure like warriors and sorcerers during the hooks time.

But i would like to see in the future release of arcane weapon for all 3 classes at once so no one can complain how op the class with arcane weapon is going to be. But nocomplaining cant be certain though .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

They just need to normalize all the arcane weapons at 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Now is sorcerers time. Enough said. They r having their time like other 2 classes had. so rogues just need to endure like warriors and sorcerers during the hooks time.

But i would like to see in the future release of arcane weapon for all 3 classes at once so no one can complain how op the class with arcane weapon is going to be. But nocomplaining cant be certain though .
    Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Every one that has been posting about how warrios or rogues are not going to be as op this season make me laugh. Not one person except the people playing the sorc where complaining in s2-s3 about how op rogues nd warrios were compared to us, no one listened. Now every one knows that sorc has a very high potential to do some damage and kill quickly and will now be.getting a.arcane weapon. My 2 cents is that the people making these threads are scared of how pro the sorc is going to be and are suger coating the question "can you nurf sorcs?" Before the next expansiin comes
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Rogues were so OP during season 3, that at one point near the end of that season 23 of the top 25 spots on the CTF kills leaderboard were rogues. And still to this day most of the spots on the CTF & TDM kills leaderboard are rogues. When mages hold most of the spots on those leaderboards, then you will have the right to complain. Until that time, it's just whining IMO.

As for numbers, In season 3 rogues with hooks had by far the highest damage (200+) and dps (400+). Now in season 4 warriors with maul have 400+ dmg which is far more than any other class. So I would expect that in season 5 mages with their arcane weapon will have the most damage as well. Considering a warrior at level 31 with maul has 400+ dmg, I would expect after leveling up to 36 and upgrading their armor/helm to 36, the warrior should have increased damage to around 450 with that same maul. So I would expect mage arcane weapon to be significantly higher than that. Just as the other classes had their chance to be OP with an arcane weapon, so should mages.
    These guys summed it up, why the heck should rogues shine in a smurf cap? Rogues shined at L26 cap and i didnt see to many complain threads, but now that smurfs can nuke warriors and rogues in 36 cap doesnt give us the right to complain when smurfs didnt.