Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The New Elite Mines of Nordia Dungeon and Premium Content

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default The New Elite Mines of Nordia Dungeon and Premium Content

Today we have updated Arcane Legends with some new content, several refinements to existing content and abilities as well as several bug fixes. You can read the patch notes here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...pdate-(119666)

I wanted to start a discussion about the new Elite Mines of Nordia Premium Boss Fight Dungeon that was included in this update. Spacetime Studios is always working to make our games better. This update, like all of our continuing updates, is testament to that. We strive to include new, free content as well as optional Premium content that users pay for with Platinum.

We work hard to keep Premium content optional. You don't need Premium options to play the game. The new Elite Mines of Nordia is just that. They are the same bosses that you can fight in the Elite Nordr adventure areas. By paying Platinum to use the new Elite Mines of Nordia, you have the convenience of a time saver, in that you don't need to clear the minions to get in and fight the boss. It is a time saver. Usually it comes down to that: time or money. If you have all the time in the world, then you can play to the level cap and acquire the best items without spending anything.

We need to have compelling Premium options to support the game operation and continued development. At the end of the day, those who support the game with Platinum purchases make it so that everyone else can play the game for free. That is how it works. We sincerely appreciate everyone who chooses to spend their leisure time playing Spacetime Studios games!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

plat content

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

How much does it cost? I was afraid if I 'checked' it would charge me.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    How much does it cost? I was afraid if I 'checked' it would charge me.
    LOL. Good one. 10 plat

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Costs 10 plat, Sam do you fight all the bosses at once or is there some type of option to say only fight 2 or 3 but have it randomised or something
    Ign - slashyroth

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slashiroth View Post
    Costs 10 plat, Sam do you fight all the bosses at once or is there some type of option to say only fight 2 or 3 but have it randomised or something
    Here is how it works:

You pay the 10 Platinum and can get into the zone for I believe up to 4 hours (via an elixir effect). This elixir effect that lets you will go away after you kill 1 boss. It won't remove you from the zone - you can go on to fight the other 4 bosses.

Each boss is in its own area. You don't fight all 5 at once. You can choose which boss you want to fight. There are no minions and you can run right to each boss pretty easily.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

I think u should raise "drop chance" at Elite Mines also...

Dear Dev I know it is faster but u can earn more by increase the drop chance a bit in that area

Thats a tip.
    Roth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Can you go in with a party?

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Well, since u asked for our opinions...

Fluff and Aedenos have already hit on it but I think it's dishonest the way you don't have the price right up front. I was also afraid to click the purchase button because I was afraid i'd get charged for it. There's no confirmation button on the allies so i didn't think there would be one on this.

Furthermore, i think putting in the boss brawl as plat per run is kinda bush league. I have no idea what you guys finance's or revenue streams are but it seems like to me there are plenty of ways to spend plat in game already. When I read threads and hear people talking in game about how many crates they've opened and I see people wearing vanities I know they've paid plat for, and I see people using plat rev after plat rev, etc. it gives me the impression that you guys are doing just fine. Then to see this go in it seems like overkill (I'm trying not to say greedy).

I try not to criticize the ways you make money in AL because I'm just happy you're not relying on thrashers (which ruined PL) but this one negatively affects me. When the plat per run boss brawl started in blacksmoke mountain in PL I found it hard to find a game going in the regular levels because my friends were all spending plats in the plat per run dungeon. I also felt like a second class citizen when I read about the higher drop rates in the plat dungeon. Then when I did get a good drop I couldn't sell it for anything because the item had been farmed like crazy in the plat dungeons.

Anyways, that's my feedback.

Edit: see, you already have a comment requesting increased drop rates in the plat per run dungeon.
    Last edited by wvhills; 05-02-2013 at 03:44 PM.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

I like the fact that yall are finally showing your customers some efficient ways to farm without having to indure the long farming times as everyone else. The only problem I see here though, is that they get a piece of convinience while the rest of us don't lol. As long as the drops & drop rates remain the same as everyone else & there are no achievements attached, then I don't see a problem with this. Basicly giving players the option of farming the Nordr bosses the free way or pay (easy way).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Will we get elite boss kill achievements by killing these bosses in the dungeon?
    Would be a nice shortcut...
    Last edited by Spects; 05-02-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

I like the fact that yall are finally showing your customers some efficient ways to farm without having to indure the long farming times as everyone else. The only problem I see here though, is that they get a piece of convinience while the rest of us don't lol. As long as the drops & drop rates remain the same as everyone else & there are no achievements attached, then I don't see a problem with this. Basicly giving players the option of farming the Nordr bosses the free way or pay (easy way).

idk how it will be in AL but I know the plat per run boss brawl's in PL (blacksmoke mountain) made it really hard to find a free game going. Right now in AL you don't have many people farming elites and now a % of those will be in the plat per run maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

It will be even harder to find good groups to run elite dungeons now.

Lady_Pebbles

I know. Thats why its better to go in parties on regular elite maps. I mean the PUGs already suck in this game so either players learn what they're doing or we simply just try to get a party together with friends. Given that not all of us can be on around the same time (we all got lives of course).

I wish we had a "noob-be-gone" feature on the games lol.

Besides... I'd much rather run the maps than to pay for the same stuff. Faster runs or not, its a choice.

EDIT: #disasterwaitingtohappen in case yall didn't catch on to what Im saying. XD

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 05-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spects View Post
    Will we get elite boss kill achievements by killing these bosses in the dungeon?
    Would be a nice shortcut...
    Yes, the Elite Bosses are the same and yes they will give out the Elite Boss Kill Achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    idk how it will be in AL but I know the plat per run boss brawl's in PL (blacksmoke mountain) made it really hard to find a free game going. Right now in AL you don't have many people farming elites and now a % of those will be in the plat per run maps.
    The pool of players playing Arcane Legends is a good bit larger than Pocket Legends. I'd wager to guess that there will still be a good amount of people playing the free content. Let's wait to see how things play out before we call the sky falling, please?
    | | | |

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yes, the Elite Bosses are the same and yes they will give out the Elite Boss Kill Achievements.

The pool of players playing Arcane Legends is a good bit larger than Pocket Legends. I'd wager to guess that there will still be a good amount of people playing the free content. Let's wait to see how things play out before we call the sky falling, please?
    Unfortunately, from a player perspective, there weren't a good amount BEFORE the boss brawl (talking elite content). So I'm not sure how it would be better. Now, I'm sure there are looooots of people WANTING to play. I don't want to drag this out... but. I could totally see a 3 person party not playing because they can't find a 4th. There are a LOT of people wanting to play together. The problem is... there is no matchmaker (game lobby). The party system is hindering. Works well when you can find a party. But when you can't, might as well log out.

But like you said, we'll wait and see, at least about the Mines.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    It will be even harder to find good groups to run elite dungeons now.

I have tried to pug elites the past few days and after standing around for 20-30 mins. total I got two runs going. One ended after 15 minutes of everyone leaving on mobs. The next ended when we got to boss and they all left. Each run was me (rogue) with three tanks. It was AWESOME!!! (not).

I can hardly find a pug in the regular maps. Last night a guildie and I stood in a few maps for about 5 mins and tried to run but people would join and leave. We finally got one guy to stay. It's so frustrating.

I was standing in town and some guy was running around yelling, "help? Help? Can anyone help me? Please?" I was kind of spaced out. Finally after about 15 mins he kept sending me party invites so I asked what he needs help with and he couldn't find anyone to complete the crystal cave. So a guildie and I ran all of the Nordr dungeons with him and he was so grateful because he hadn't been able to find anyone to do it with. He was part of a guild, too.

And before you say you need to get a more active/better guild, I was in other guilds before starting Average Joes and I still had a hard time finding groups and would end up puging or asking my old friends from PL to help-- friends I made puging in PL.
    Last edited by Pandamoni; 05-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Does ot have special drops found no where else (like sl christmas plat levels) if noy than its not worth it... shouk d be new equipment otherwise ur waterind down an economy that is already terrible....pleaee please please make epics worth a damn... they all suck .. have some epics with high dps low health somethonf like that... right now they are only better in dodge and crit
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

When did I say the sky was falling? U asked for comments and I posted my experience in pl and stated I hope the same doesn't happen in AL. Recently it seems like ur quick to dismiss or ridicule opinions u don't want to hear. That's fine if that's how u want to be but I assumed u really wanted opinions since u asked what we thought.

26.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    When did I say the sky was falling? U asked for comments and I posted my experience in pl and stated I hope the same doesn't happen in AL. Recently it seems like ur quick to dismiss or ridicule opinions u don't want to hear. That's fine if that's how u want to be but I assumed u really wanted opinions since u asked what we thought.
    Hi Wvhills,

I guess I took issue with how your posted asserted, at least from how I read it, that because it happened in Pocket Legends that it was a foregone conclusion that it would happen in Arcane Legends. That still remains to be seen. Let's let it play out and see how the weekend goes. Also, it is worth noting that early on the Premium Elite Mines of Nordia will be the "new hotness" that will likely wear off after it's initial release.

I hope that helps you better understand my perspective.
    | | | |