Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends not so Pay to Win afterall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The greater pumpkin chests are free to open right?

Need a dev/mod confirm please
    Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Yes, free to open
    Thats how to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

You can only earn tokens by using energy kits. So queue all of the rage threads because:

1) Costs too much (plat or gold) to buy energy kits to get enough tokens.
    2) Can't earn enough tokens to get pet for free because of only 3 energy slots + crafting time of non-tradeable energy.

So there is no free lunch here. Energy kits have to be purchased by using plat, the more time you spend farming for free non-tradeable energy kits to craft, the less time you have to spend earning tokens. However for anyone who really wants a good pet, I wouldn't recommend Grimm. There are better options to put your hard earned gold towards.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

not that I'm doubting you, but where exactly is the original post? I follow quite closely but fail to find it anywhere in that thread
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

If you want to put the players that pay for kits and the players that farm for kits on the same level, which is just like putting p2w=f2p on the same level, Whats the need of defining the too categories?
    Call it "PLAY".

But there are two categories and they can be considered on opposite ends, due to goblin events, energy system and the fact lockeds were the only way to reach arcane and mythics we considered AL to be heavily p2w but now we are granted the chance to loot: the best weapons, good mythic/arcane pets for free.

what else do you want the mythic weapons directly in your inventory?

Looking back to the past i am satisfied with the current outcomes.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 10-14-2014 at 03:46 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    You can only earn tokens by using energy kits. So queue all of the rage threads because:

1) Costs too much (plat or gold) to buy energy kits to get enough tokens.
    2) Can't earn enough tokens to get pet for free because of only 3 energy slots + crafting time of non-tradeable energy.

So there is no free lunch here. Energy kits have to be purchased by using plat, the more time you spend farming for free non-tradeable energy kits to craft, the less time you have to spend earning tokens. However for anyone who really wants a good pet, I wouldn't recommend Grimm. There are better options to put your hard earned gold towards.
    You can also obtain Energy through collecting energy essences and crafting your own Energy.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    not that I'm doubting you, but where exactly is the original post? I follow quite closely but fail to find it anywhere in that thread
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...egends!/page13

there you go scroll down it should be #258

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    You can also obtain Energy through collecting energy essences and crafting your own Energy.
    This is what I said in point #2. You only have 5 crafting slots plus I believe it takes 4 hours per slot to craft. And whatever time it takes to for you to farm these essences. And this farmed energy is not tradeable & not stashable unlike the the energy kit you buy with platinum. Whether its realistically achievable to earn enough tokens to get the pet for free over a 1 week time span, I don't know but given past experiences, I would say no. Unless you are willing to put a lot of gold towards buying energy kits from cs.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

This is what I said in point #2. You only have 5 crafting slots plus I believe it takes 4 hours per slot to craft. And whatever time it takes to for you to farm these essences. And this farmed energy is not tradeable & not stashable unlike the the energy kit you buy with platinum. Whether its realistically achievable to earn enough tokens to get the pet for free over a 1 week time span, I don't know but given past experiences, I would say no. Unless you are willing to put a lot of gold towards buying energy kits from cs.
    As I understand it, if you have the time, it is possible over the course of the event to get yourself a shiney new Grimm egg as a free to play player.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I may be wrong but i think the event will be longer than a week. Last year it was 13 days (If I am remembering correctly Oct 22-nov 4 i think) With all the work they've put in it I feel like it will be at least 3 weeks like Ursoth.

I'd prefer not to have the energy too, but at least it's an option compared to the goblin event. I also think it takes 2 hours for the kits. I think the 4 was for the x2 lockeds. They have to make money and adding the grimm for tokens is a huge step up. We'll all just have to wait and see how it plays out. At least there is a real reason to run the event and collect the essences for energy this time. Last event all I wanted was the elo essences. What was the point of running the bosses with the token rewards, there wasn't one.
    Last edited by Raregem; 10-14-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    I may be wrong but i think the event will be longer than a week. Last year it was 13 days (If I am remembering correctly Oct 22-nov 4 i think) With all the work they've put in it I feel like it will be at least 3 weeks like Ursoth.

I'd prefer not to have the energy too, but at least it's an option compared to the goblin event. I also think it takes 2 hours for the kits. I think the 4 was for the x2 lockeds. They have to make money and adding the grimm for tokens is a huge step up. We'll all just have to wait and see how it plays out. At least there is a real reason to run the event and collect the essences for energy this time. Last event all I wanted was the elo essences. What was the point of running the bosses with the token rewards, there wasn't one.
    Yes I think that's why they're concentrating on token and tier rewards this time. We have yet to hear of craftable locked crates for this event. I am honestly not a fan of the new halloween weaps. We've been asking for better helms and armors, and there still are too many level 41 Elondrian weaps floating around. It's good that warriors are getting a better weapon option, but not after the Bulwark was buffed to glorious (and expensive) state and then nerfed back to useless. A lot of them lost gold from that fiasco, now it will be even less desirable due to the promise of a more powerful weap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

And this is why I'm coming back for Halloween. I'm ready to farm energy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

err...ummm...yea...sorry clearing my throat,

(The fallowing is viewed by a new player or FTP player.)

well glad to see the 1st mythic obtainable by tokens...As a FTP player id work my reaaalllllllyy hard to earn him. in my video rampage a few days ago from EXTRACREDITS, I think its a nice direction to go. Finally, FTP players can earn a nice pet without having to spend a dime. Im not saying that the devs will lose money because of this, but having more players "feel entertained" will help promote STG as a better company. Things like this often and frequent will be fantastic. Im looking at the wider picture, and having players bale to spend there free time to earn items is what the game is about. Even for vet players like myself, this gives me something to do

(As a vet player looking at this)

Grimm is already in the AH, people should be able to fork up the gold and buy them. Bring him back will hurt the economy? maybe but theres already a few in AH to purchase without spending a dime and giving players some extra cash. If the mythic pet was a NEW one, that would be awesome, not a recycled pet re-released on this event. But still nice to see that grimm is back, but i would like to see him as a different color just like the re-release of vanities.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    As I understand it, if you have the time, it is possible over the course of the event to get yourself a shinny new Grimm egg as a free to play player.
    Time has never been stated...how long will it run?!?! because i'm with falmer, will a FTP player able to earn enough with tokens? because 1,100 is quite a bit. and kinda defeating its own purpose of being a *Free pet.

*limitations apply.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-14-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

16. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

1100 tokens doe...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Hey, buying Grimm using tokens is an option guys. There are other farmable items. It's up to players to pick a goal of their choosing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Smells like I'm coming back
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    Hey, buying Grimm using tokens is an option guys. There are other farmable items. It's up to players to pick a goal of their choosing.
    Great point! First chance at a mythic pet without plat... we should be celebrating! They have actually made a great move here something positive.

I am surprised STS hasn't just deleted the whole forum with all the junk they have to deal with.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

This is by far the best event to date and I would like to thank STS for it! This is the first free mythic egg that free to play players can buy in the game which is totally awesome! And mythic weapons in the chests? WOW STS has really upped their game on this event! Blinky would be cool, but man, am I interested in that undead pig!!!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Default Arcane Legends not so Pay to Win afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    err...ummm...yea...sorry clearing my throat,

(The fallowing is viewed by a new player or FTP player.)

well glad to see the 1st mythic obtainable by tokens...As a FTP player id work my reaaalllllllyy hard to earn him. in my video rampage a few days ago from EXTRACREDITS, I think its a nice direction to go. Finally, FTP players can earn a nice pet without having to spend a dime. Im not saying that the devs will lose money because of this, but having more players "feel entertained" will help promote STG as a better company. Things like this often and frequent will be fantastic. Im looking at the wider picture, and having players bale to spend there free time to earn items is what the game is about. Even for vet players like myself, this gives me something to do

(As a vet player looking at this)

Grimm is already in the AH, people should be able to fork up the gold and buy them. Bring him back will hurt the economy? maybe but theres already a few in AH to purchase without spending a dime and giving players some extra cash. If the mythic pet was a NEW one, that would be awesome, not a recycled pet re-released on this event. But still nice to see that grimm is back, but i would like to see him as a different color just like the re-release of vanities.

Time has never been stated...how long will it run?!?! because i'm with falmer, will a FTP player able to earn enough with tokens? because 1,100 is quite a bit. and kinda defeating its own purpose of being a *Free pet.

*limitations apply.
    If you're determined you'll probably get it, STG hopefully won't make the event shorter than 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Xenobiotic; 10-14-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

For those saying this is not ok,

FTP=/=P2W==Advantages.

not just that the disadvantages of FTP related to PTW has been reduced to the essence of FTP: Time invested

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

We were all happy with the fossil in arena, anyone looted fossil there?
    Why should I believe that the drop with these weapons will be different of the fossil?

The weapons will be in locked crates too i guess. ( not confirmed).
    Last edited by Sakurahb; 10-14-2014 at 06:37 PM.