Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding future development on legacy games

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default Regarding future development on legacy games

Hey folks,

Happy New Year!

I’d like to talk with you about the future of our legacy games. It’s no secret that we have been putting the majority of our Live development resources into Arcane Legends. In the past, when asked if we are going to update the level cap or release new content for the other games, we really didn't think we would be doing anything, but we were not certain. Our response has been “there is nothing on the horizon”. We now have a good handle on our future, and I’d like to be more clear about our legacy games.

We will no longer be updating Pocket, Star, or Dark Legends. We also will no longer be updating Battle Dragons or Arcane Battlegrounds. This includes weekly 2x bonuses and seasonal events. We are not sunsetting (shutting down) these games. We will keep all of them running for the foreseeable future, but we are not going to be adding anything new. The drain is simply too great on our limited resources.

I say this with a very heavy heart. Pocket Legends, in particular, has our soul in it. This was a transformational title for the studio. It contains some of our best efforts and biggest ambitions. It is full of our inside jokes. Many of the NPCs are named after our kids. It was a dream for us that became a reality, and we are lucky to have been able to share it with you.

We’ll continue to focus our Live development efforts on AL, which is still going very strong. This includes a community-focused approach and another expansion scheduled for early this year. If you are a PL, SL, or DL player that wants to check it out, please give it a go. You’ll find a very active and vibrant community there. We also have another client update coming for Battle Command with some very cool stuff.

We’ll be announcing a new title in the very near future. It is fully PvP oriented, and I think many of you are going to like it very much. I know this does not ease the sting of no more updates for our older games, but we have to make these decisions in order to continue to grow as a company. I’ll stay involved in this thread to discuss further with you, thanks in advance for keeping it level.

I’d like to express our great love and gratitude to you, the most passionate, active, loyal, and supportive community I have ever worked with. I can’t express how grateful we are that you have been enjoying our games for so long. We’ll do our best to try to surprise and delight you far into the future.

Thanks,

- Gary Gattis
    CEO, Spacetime Studios
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

So no more winterfest or anything?

Sad to see these games done with, but I won't stop playing!

Thanks for clearing this up.

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Hello G-Man, i'm glad to finally hear an announcement to these questions. The only thing I ask is for the people who obtained arbiter pieces...can we complete the set. Im not saying that there HAS to be new content, but please let me finish something that I started. SL...Just like PL is to you guys is the feeling I have for that game. It's my 1st game, it has my heart and soul into it. Im sure many old SL players feel that way..but updating this simple aspect I can finally put a closure...and move on to your newer titles.

thanks again for the announcement G-Man, hopefully these games don't shutdown... ever.
    have a great day, and I look forward to the new game.

so in recap...I want to see..just arbiter pieces..the last remaining ones.
    i'm not asking for a new cap, no new events...but something that leaves SL with the glory for people that have supported it from the beginning and now.
    they are developed..they just need to be plugged in

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by octavos; 01-22-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Hello G-Man, i'm glad to finally hear an announcement to these questions. The only thing I ask is for the people who obtained arbiter pieces...can we complete the set. Im not saying that there HAS to be new content, but please let me finish something that I started. SL...Just like PL is to you guys is the feeling I have for that game. It's my 1st game, it has my heart and soul into it. Im sure many old SL players feel that way..but updating this simple aspect I can finally put a closure...and move on to your newer titles.

thanks again for the announcement G-Man, hopefully these games don't shutdown... ever.
    have a great day, and I look forward to the new game.

so in recap...I want to see..just arbiter pieces..the last remaining ones.
    i'm not asking for a new cap, no new events...but something that leaves SL with the glory for people that have supported it from the beginning and now.
    they are developed..they just need to be plugged in

I never got any pieces but I'd love to see this!

Very sad to see these wonderful games go. PL and SL are the 2 games that I love most.

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fao For This Useful Post:

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    The only thing I ask is for the people who obtained arbiter pieces...can we complete the set.
    Hi Octavos, you are an old timer, and I very much appreciate the time and effort you have put in to our games. Just to be clear, we are not adding anything else. It is a tough call, but everyone has their "just one thing" they would like. We've had to draw the line, and you guys deserve to hear it straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fao View Post
    Very sad to see these wonderful games go. PL and SL are the 2 games that I love most.
    Hey Fao, thanks for the thoughts. We are not shutting them down, you can still play as much as you like. We're just not updating them.

With much respect,

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hi Octavos, you are an old timer, and I very much appreciate the time and effort you have put in to our games. Just to be clear, we are not adding anything else. It is a tough call, but everyone has their "just one thing" they would like. We've had to draw the line, and you guys deserve to hear it straight.

- g
    Can I be safe to say..its done...but if it is released will there be an e-mail..or something letting me know to go after them...I don't want to lose out on something that has eluded me for many years. Not even a vote..for one more thingy for each game...its like thanks for playing, but no you can never finish. but if not..its cool.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

Hey Fao, thanks for the thoughts. We are not shutting them down, you can still play as much as you like. We're just not updating them.

With much respect,

- g
    Thanks for clearing up!

But definitely won't let up on how much I love these games and how much I play them!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fao For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Welp, rather than complain or cry at you for being honest, I'd still like you to see from my point of view, so this is my stance on being one of your fans;
    I won't be checking out any other of your games. I've enjoyed investing time & $, in pl, you can see in my plat history a steep drop off in purchases as soon as I saw the "nothing on the horizon" statements.
    I was all in when the plans were to level 100 in pl, & it would have been different to see that be the way it ended, but as it is some loyal fans have the impression that the rug was pulled out from under us, & our loyalty to sts/g conversely dropped off. So that's the lesson you might find noteworthy.

Consumer confidence was the difference in my past willingness to invest real money.

The game expansions saw me less and less confident that my time & $ were well placed.
    That said, I regret nothing and appreciate your work, honestly, but I won't be on to the next game.
    Thank you and best wishes for the future. I'll be in Alterra in the mean time.
    Cheers,
    "Spiteful Barron Sue"

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks for letting us know, to bad Arcane Battlegrounds didn't last long it was a fun game.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremyfr For This Useful Post:

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    This is my stance on being one of your fans;
    I won't be checking out any other of your games. I've enjoyed investing time & $, in pl, you can see in my plat history a steep drop off in purchases as soon as I saw the "nothing on the horizon" statements.
    I was all in when the plans were to level 100 in pl, & it would have been different to see that be the way it ended, but as it is some loyal fans have the impression that the rug was pulled out from under us, & our loyalty to sts/g conversely dropped off. So that's the lesson you might find noteworthy.
    Understood, and message received. We'll try to do better in the future.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

was a wonderful 3year on SL first mmo i played.

many of us were waiting for a cap update yet nothing happened and now this...

too much disappointment, oh well...

i'll be hanging around!
    it's on&on because i said so
    thanks doframingo for this sig!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uafaud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

I'm sad to hear this was the final decision on these games, but I can understand why. Kept hoping it would get better. Oh well, at least I can put those lingering thoughts of PL to rest. I had fun.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Its been an up and down 3+ years, and although we didnt always see eye to eye, thanks for everything

Sent from my GT-P3113
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

This really suck but all good things have to come to a end at some point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

How long until we will get a teaser for the new game?

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Welp gf PL
    hai doods

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Now its time for the players of SL/DL/PL to change the game
    hai doods

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to synfullmagic_23110 For This Useful Post:

28.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    How long until we will get a teaser for the new game?
    We'll announce in mid-late Feb.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Dang. Sad to hear this! To be honest I really wish that I liked AL. I really do. It's the most active of all games with a large community but I just can't get into the gameplay. It's not as fast paced as SL and PL, and even DL. I've tried many times but without the rotating camera or faster paced gameplay it's just hard.

Anyways, I'll still be around SL. Don't plan on quitting just yet. I'm also really looking forward to this new game unless...is it a Moba game? I hate those lol

Either way, I'm sorry to hear this. I honestly wish STG was doing better. You guys make some of the best games in the App Store by a long shot in my opinion.

30.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    I'm also really looking forward to this new game unless...is it a Moba game? I hate those lol
    In that case you may not like it lol. But then again, it will be our take, so maybe you will!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    I honestly wish STG was doing better. You guys make some of the best games in the App Store by a long shot in my opinion.
    Thank you, and we're doing great. We're stopping development on our older games to focus forward. The future is very bright

Much appreciate your comments.

- g
    | | | |