Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview | 3/1/17 | 2x Orc Tags and Fangs, New Heroic Pets, New Achievements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think the difference between the players on the leaderboard and the others is not necessarily that we play the game more. I think it's that we actually grind instead of standing around in town wasting time. When I'm playing I'm always running maps and only very rarely in town chatting. Some players seem to spend most of their time doing much of nothing. I've seen players stand in town trying to sell a 25k item for 3 hours straight -- meanwhile they could have earned 100k+ in those 3 hours if they spent it farming.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think the difference between the players on the leaderboard and the others is not necessarily that we play the game more. I think it's that we actually grind instead of standing around in town wasting time. When I'm playing I'm always running maps and only very rarely in town chatting. Some players seem to spend most of their time doing much of nothing. I've seen players stand in town trying to sell a 25k item for 3 hours straight -- meanwhile they could have earned 100k+ in those 3 hours if they spent it farming.
    That's exactly true!

It's a game, you actually have to play it to get ahead but many treat it as a place to socialize. That's all well and fine as long as those chatty cathys don't complain about having no gold to buy decent gear.

Once again, it's just a game. Players can socialize or players can actually play the game, either way as long as neither criticizes nor complains about the other ... who cares?!

Just have fun