Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior progression curve

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Warrior progression curve

I think we are a bit too early in the expansion to judge. We did not dive too deep in the dungeons yet, and so far skilled teams can manage to run without tanks. I have my doubts this will stay this way once the mobs get scaled up. And remember: everyone *will* need balance tokens and bosses will drop up to 9 in deepest level.
    My hipe is of course that in the course we will get rid of the aegis as a sole justification for tanks in parties.
    For those wanting to run event or boss focussed maps, try the duskbringer claymore with haste set and vengeful blood. Sts actually did something good for tanks here.
    That being said: Give us something dang hard to tank deep down in the mausoleum!

These are my stats with the dusk claymore with active vengeful blood skill and house buffs, but no lix or other pet buffs active. And 30% of damage are still missing because of the display bug. To all Warriors that want more damage: come out of the closet and be the squishy you always wanted to be!

Last edited by Ardbeg; 10-28-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    I think we are a bit too early in the expansion to judge. We did not dive too deep in the dungeons yet, and so far skilled teams can manage to run without tanks. I have my doubts this will stay this way once the mobs get scaled up. And remember: everyone *will* need balance tokens and bosses will drop up to 9 in deepest level.
    My hipe is of course that in the course we will get rid of the aegis as a sole justification for tanks in parties.
    For those wanting to run event or boss focussed maps, try the duskbringer claymore with haste set and vengeful blood. Sts actually did something good for tanks here.
    That being said: Give us something dang hard to tank deep down in the mausoleum!

These are my stats with the dusk claymore with active vengeful blood skill and house buffs, but no lix or other pet buffs active. And 30% of damage are still missing because of the display bug. To all Warriors that want more damage: come out of the closet and be the squishy you always wanted to be!

4000 armor? No ty. The damage of the warrior does not reflect in real play. Rogues and mages will always do huge amounts of damage no matter the weapon they are using. The only thing that change is the play style. Warriors don't make faster kills with a two-handed weapon. Try running solo elite planar tombs with your two-handed weapon and your sword and shield. You will not see any difference in time, you might die even more with a two-handed weapon. So the damage in the character screen is just a cosmetic number. Even in the boss fight it doesn't do a lot more damage than a sword and shield. An this apply for every map. Developers should take a look into this.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano Lobo View Post
    4000 armor? No ty. The damage of the warrior does not reflect in real play. Rogues and mages will always do huge amounts of damage no matter the weapon they are using. The only thing that change is the play style. Warriors don't make faster kills with a two-handed weapon. Try running solo elite planar tombs with your two-handed weapon and your sword and shield. You will not see any difference in time, you might die even more with a two-handed weapon. So the damage in the character screen is just a cosmetic number. Even in the boss fight it doesn't do a lot more damage than a sword and shield. An this apply for every map. Developers should take a look into this.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    It is a tradeoff of course. And it is not a cosmetic number as the skill damage of skyward smash shows. It is intended to make the warrior more rogueish in certain situations (like events) by swapping armor for damage. The damage is real. The armor loss also. Choices!