Thread: New "Gratitude shield" idea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Ideas appreciated but couldn't work as intended. The problem in Cincos eyes was the acc trading, the problem with his solution is that some acc were sold so long ago that they are still in game owned by illegit ppl ( like that one guy who stands around all day *cough*). So some acc are old but not legit old players, they would also get rewarded.
    That's besides Waugs valid point that it creates a value in the black market, adding to the problem.
    True. But I don't see people buying accounts just because of a shield or something like that
    "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by winp View Post
    True. But I don't see people buying accounts just because of a shield or something like that
    Why not? People were buying old accounts that literally had nothing but a Founder's Helm on them. People who were absolutely loaded bought GoA accs purely to have a community shield. This would re-introduce the problem, and you better believe that if there's an item with any level of exclusivity, people will be willing to pay $ for it. That's just how it is now. We can't have nice things.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    Why not? People were buying old accounts that literally had nothing but a Founder's Helm on them. People who were absolutely loaded bought GoA accs purely to have a community shield. This would re-introduce the problem, and you better believe that if there's an item with any level of exclusivity, people will be willing to pay $ for it. That's just how it is now. We can't have nice things.
    I don't know, man. People were willing to pay for these accounts because there was such a small sample of vanities to choose from. Now, players are more content, they have a wide variety of vanities to select. While I think there would still be acc buying with the introduction to new "nice things" I don't think it would provoke something that problematic.

But it's pretty clear that the devs have said it: they're trying to do everything in their ability to eliminate account buying, 100%. So it's safe to say they won't be implementing any kind of exclusive items for older players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Now, players are more content
    The average player is, yes, but for the players who were deep into the account dealing, it wasn't a matter of being content. There were two main reasons that people were buying "rare" accounts. One was for collecting to feed their ego, and the other was a feeling of superiority. Adding a limited item that over half of the players couldn't get their hands on would re-introduce a purpose to buy and sell accounts. I agree that it wouldn't get nearly to the magnitude that it was, but the objective was to end all account buying in general. Like I said, people were literally buying old, unused accounts that had nothing on them (not even an end game char) except for one Founder's Helm. People are still buying/selling items and gold for $ despite the changes, so adding in an item that has a stamp that says "I'm old and superior!" would definitely be counter productive.

But it's pretty clear that the devs have said it: they're trying to do everything in their ability to eliminate account buying, 100%. So it's safe to say they won't be implementing any kind of exclusive items for older players.
    Agreed. People would have just assumed I bought my platinum shield anyways :[

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post: