Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draiinbamage View Post
    In pve the global refresh rate for skills is simply garbage, lol...
    i'd understand pvp... but not pvp
    Ya, I remember. You were in our group. Then you just gave up and left . We all left shortly afterwards. It was definitely not for my taste.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    It's not that big of a deal. It only seems like a big deal when you're stopwatching it and recording the times. PL is fun for me. I dont notice the time when I'm having fun.
    Which is grand. Unless you only have a couple minutes to play, like I'm waiting for some code to test out. Before, I could get a quick Sewer run in. Now? There is no such thing as a "quick" Sewer run. Or a quick run thru Plasma or anywhere else outside of, possibly, FH or DF. Sometimes, life forces you to "stopwatch" the time.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please don't take my previous post as a complaint. I LOVE this game and wish to continue playing for a long time. I just want the devs to know how serious the effect of GCD is to my gameplay. If GCD is not removed from PvE I really don't see myself playing the game anymore. I think it is too slow. I hate watching my spells instead of the game. I always liked playing PvE as a fast paced game. All of the fun came from feeing like I have a powerful mage that could take on many enemies at once. Now I feel weak. I can't just rush a mob by myself like I used to. I absolutely hate it.

I would also like to see the world map back where it was. Removing that was very confusing. There are lots of people just wandering around forest haven trying to figure it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jepp View Post
    I have seen some posts for other MMO games (order and chaos online or world of midguard), maybe their Dev's listen to players. I have uninstalled with great sadness over the loss...
    Leave dude. I'd rather you leave than diss the Devs like this. There are no Devs in any game that respond to the community like these Devs. Take your empty threats and kick rocks.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Definitely keep a cool head about it. Those that know us, know we will keep working on things until they rock. Troll or multiple cries of this sucks can lead to temp (or perm) bans from here. We need level feedback, not drama.
    I've spend a good deal of my hard earned money on this game, so I'm voicing my non-constuctive opinion. THAT was the biggest troll/flame I've read on this thread. Devs, don't bite the hand that feeds. Don't be power bullies, or I will report you

GCD
    It's like I bought a cherry red Corrvete from the dealer, drove it around for a few months then they snuck over and painted it pink in the middle of the night.
    Last edited by Plasticuproject; 04-12-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    GCD
    It's like I bought a cherry red Corrvete from the dealer, drove it around for a few months then they snuck over and painted it pink in the middle of the night.
    More like swapped the engine out for a 4 cylinder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Where are the new sewer set bonuses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Leave dude. I'd rather you leave than diss the Devs like this. There are no Devs in any game that respond to the community like these Devs. Take your empty threats and kick rocks.
    If the dev's did proper beta testing on a separate server with our "elite" members, they would have immediately noticed that the players would not stand for a change as so drastic as this one. It completely changes the game play. I like this game but since the new update I really find playing a chore. I don't like doing chores and I sure as hell am not paying someone to do their chores. A respectable team of developers beta test their products before deploying. They make tons of money off of plat and should re-evaluate their deployment structure. It would have been easy to get volunteers for such a project. Their lack of forethought has brought this backlash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Where are the new sewer set bonuses?
    I tossed on my sewer queen set... didn't see any sparkles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The new AO quests are a bust. They'll just let you get the mystery gear again. Good for those who messed up and clicked the wrong recipe.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Now for some constructive criticism. I just ran each of the maps a few times. Love the GCD and the benefits it brings but I have to agree with many others that it may be a tad bit too long. Not in terms of making the runs too long. It's too long that it makes other skills that I use less of an option than the main combo skills. Also, I did find myself staring at my skill map too much. I tried playing and watching the skills light up peripherally from the corner of my eye to time the GCD and although that works, it's still hard to catch the perfect time for combos to hit. I think a slight reduction in GCD cooldown or maybe and/or increasing the window for the combo completion.

I also think we should test Ellyidol's suggestion and make it apply to attack skills only and see how it goes. I still believe GCD should stay on both PVP and PVE. Can't have it on one and not the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    GCD
    It's like I bought a cherry red Corvette from the dealer, drove it around for a few months then they snuck over and painted it pink in the middle of the night.
    It's more like they changed your transmission so that you need to wait 0.5 seconds before each gear shift, so instead of going 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, it takes you 6.1 seconds!

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ya devs did a good job, except for:
    - Now you can't acces menus like avatar or inventory when you're not in the world. There used to be access via the store button.
    - Even on an iPad the emote menu has become so big it's unusable during gameplay.
    - There's no way to mute emotes.
    - The lack of a promised Sewer bonus (Queens don't work)
    - You can't join friends anymore anywhere (but they are working on it... Perhaps a test was nice before livegoing?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First time poster been playing since September about. Dev's I've been truly impressed by this take anywhere MMO. I enjoyed the speed of the game and for a game that is essentially free I not only had no complaints, but had no qualms spending money on platinum every once in a while to support the game.

With that said, GCD needs to be rethought if not removed completely. I understand the desire for GCD in PVP. Having primarily PVPed in WOW the GCD was something needed to avoid being stomped by overpowered classes. However the variety of PVP/PVE gear in WOW allowed for those who did not PVP to acquire PVE based gear which increased damage to the point that the GCD was less of an issue due to an overall DPS increase. (and vice versa) PL does not have this option forcing those who wish to PVP go through the motions of PVE to acquire gear. Perhaps introducing PVP gear or increasing DPS substantially for PVE gear could be a way to alleviate the apparent distaste for the new GCD system? Having not made it to the PVP aspect of this game my assumptions could be way off.

Lastly I was running a roach farming run earlier with Sliksta and Fallen three 56 birds and two other 55 birds. Prior to patch this would have been ridiculously fast farming. Today with myself Slik and Fallen Potting it was just a bummer. I got no hate for you dev's or the game but the speed of the PL was something I appreciated, the slowing in pace has me less interested.

Good Luck guys I'm sure you'll figure something out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    The new AO quests are a bust. They'll just let you get the mystery gear again. Good for those who messed up and clicked the wrong recipe.
    It's good for dual spec-ed hybrids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    If the dev's did proper beta testing on a separate server with our "elite" members, they would have immediately noticed that the players would not stand for a change as so drastic as this one. It completely changes the game play. I like this game but since the new update I really find playing a chore. I don't like doing chores and I sure as hell am not paying someone to do their chores. A respectable team of developers beta test their products before deploying. They make tons of money off of plat and should re-evaluate their deployment structure. It would have been easy to get volunteers for such a project. Their lack of forethought has brought this backlash.
    Dude... Why do you think they made this FEEDBACK THREAD? They wanted to revamp the gameplay, but it's not going to be perfect overnight. To satisfy the players, there has to be trial and error. The devs have made drastic changes before that people raged about, but they were fixed in time because of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. By dissing them the way you are, you're not being helpful at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    They've always done it this way. Why? Because there's a symbiotic relationship between the Devs and us players. It works this way because they do listen to us and make changes. Hence, this method works. For other companies that heavily beta test, once they've spent the time and money beta testing, the final iteration is basically what you get. And if it's not what you like, you basically have to live with it because some playtesters liked it that way. Ill pass on that method. I choose the STS way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    It's good for dual spec-ed hybrids.
    So they're exactly the same?

Topic:

Wow at the immediate hate on the changes.

What first came to mind, it's only been what, barely 12 hours since the update?

It takes a lot of time to perfect something through constant change and development through constructive feedback.

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-12-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please please please remove the global cool down. It slows the game and when a mage gets attacked cwn no longer heal when needed like before. Also doesn't this take away combo possibilities now? I was about to purchase the full set of this game but the fun factor just got lost with this update. The world map looks really odd now too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    As far as multi in pvp goes... Imagine being a good distance from your opponent: an archer. All of a sudden: CRUNCH. All arrows at once and out of your range. It's like running into a brick wall or being hit by a train. There is no time to fight back. Archer crit, hit, and ability to pop mana shield is bad enough for mages already. All of it at once was just bs...And not everyone CAN multitouch because it depends on the device. There was such an unfair advantage.
    That sounds like the few times I PvPd, only pretty much everybody ran up to me and made me feel like I hit a brick wall. I relate it to my fps prowess. I play Halo with grenade launchers in small rooms, and my friends figured out a long time ago to wait for the smoke to clear and i've probably already blown myself up.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino