Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rouges need damage nerf stopped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    legendary rogue can still kill a myth mage
    rogues skill dmg has a much higher "multiplier" then mage or tank - means a rogue with for example 500dmg can kill a single target faster then a mage with 700dmg
    1-2 high crit and mage shield is broken and there is no immunity means 1hit dead mage
    mages still need a update for heal skill coz its pathetic especially twinkzone
    Then a mage can crit defenseless rogue too with full eye gem, like i said GEAR bring a difference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Mages and Warriors were behind Rogue, And those classes got buff and PvP is Balanced and now ,You're suggesting to Make Rogues again OP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ameyra View Post
    Damage nerf should scale down based on level. Only at endgame and higher levels rogues are killmachines.
    Small correction - maxed or near maxed rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Small correction - maxed or near maxed rogues.
    Agreed Tatman. Only at endgame or at higher levels, around 26 and up, maxed and near maxed rogues are OP. The damage nerf is tossed on all level brackets almost arbitrarily, to avoid those killmachine rogues from dominating. That is unfair. With the recent tank buffs, it is a need for the rogue damage nerf to be level-based.

In twink pvp, tanks are always called in to swap rogues. In any guild chat, you will hear "join tank" ."they are stacking tanks, rogue swap tank". Why is that? Because tanks were already OP at lower levels and now they are more than OP while rogues stay nerfed scapegoats just to tame OP maxed endgame rogues. Why is the damage nerf slapped on all rogues? Low levels do not need that. At mid and low levels they have neither the damage, hp nor armor to be OP. Let alone OP, the damage nerf makes them frequently swapped out for tanks in clash. This is not balance. This is turning a blind eye to one very important aspect of one class, while catering to the needs of another. I suggest level based scaling down of the damage nerf for rogues.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 04-11-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

r rogues the girl things tht heal? i m one of thos to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    To be honest I dont really see how things are balanced. I pvp everyday and believe me subtle changes are very noticeable to me. Rog might look OP but truth is were way more squishier than mage -I also have mixed feeling about these skill updates. Rog should receive pvp skill updates too regarding HEAL or SHADOW PIERCE skill set otherwise I think things are going downhill from here.

OR

They could remove pet DAMAGE DEBUFF, its very sad that our arcane pet and other pet with damage bonus removes our damage instead of adding to it. They should've replace that damage happiness bonus to something else; might make a narrative about that unused bonus for us rogues soon.
    The reason why you say it is cuz ur lvl 13!!!! Thats one of the harder lvls to play as rouge!! Tank just op there and mage decent

Anyways me as a lvl 40 rouge i can kil olmost evry legendary mage at lvl 41 and how much did i spend on my gear? Exept my ring not more then 30k my ring (blood ruby) 400k and my malison 50k imagin that? Ofc i lose to a maxed out tank/mage but thats just that maxed out ppl are way better stat then legendarie people have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Agreed Tatman. Only at endgame or at higher levels, around 26 and up, maxed and near maxed rogues are OP. The damage nerf is tossed on all level brackets almost arbitrarily, to avoid those killmachine rogues from dominating. That is unfair. With the recent tank buffs, it is a need for the rogue damage nerf to be level-based.

In twink pvp, tanks are always called in to swap rogues. In any guild chat, you will hear "join tank" ."they are stacking tanks, rogue swap tank". Why is that? Because tanks were already OP at lower levels and now they are more than OP while rogues stay nerfed scapegoats just to tame OP maxed endgame rogues. Why is the damage nerf slapped on all rogues? Low levels do not need that. At mid and low levels they have neither the damage, hp nor armor to be OP. Let alone OP, the damage nerf makes them frequently swapped out for tanks in clash. This is not balance. This is turning a blind eye to one very important aspect of one class, while catering to the needs of another. I suggest level based scaling down of the damage nerf for rogues.
    Finally someone who agrees with me..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disproves:2119411

Finally someone who agrees with me..
    I thought in your initial post you were talking about endlevel rogue. Amerya says end level rogues are op at max and near max. Also in you previous response to me,you stated that there is issues with gear and that it should be segregated and doesnt fall in line with your initial statement. Kinda confusing which is your focus.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Rx8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Rouges need damage nerf stopped.

Pet damage boost does not work in pvp for rogues. E.g. +10% dmg from samael does not work. So essentially, the happiness bonus from pets like Samael is wasted.

What is sts doing to compensate for this loss of damage?

Before you start talking about class balance, fix the bugs first. I'm not asking for the +dmg% pet happiness bonus to apply to rogues again, however it would only be fair to give us a boost in another stat like Armor or HP to compensate.
    Credits to Iady

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Some of the issue is there are many levels within level 41. Imo before any buffs, maxed out in each class were pretty balanced. I'm not completely maxed but very good gear. I enjoy the challenge but I can see how other levels and lesser geared rogues feel.

Let's see how it plays out. Let's experiment with the changes first. I'm happy for tanks and Mages. What I think the buffs promote in Pvp are well balanced teams. I think this is a good thing.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I have noticed that when i vs a skilled rogue(equal gear) matched are very close and balanced. However, I have encountered many rogues that also button mash and for this reason I can easily take out.
    The rogue class before a button mash rogue used to be a real threat to a mage because they could stun the mage for a while avoiding a stun-lock combo allowing them to go back to their packs on time. Now, if a rogue is away from their packs they will just get stun-locked and probably killed.

The 2 classes definitely seem far more balanced then before.

EDIT: Rogues have stun immunity as well and ask why in pve rogues with 400 damage are preferred as a pic over a mage with 500. Reason, Rogues do more damage.
    Last edited by Caabatric; 04-12-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    Pet damage boost does not work in pvp for rogues. E.g. +10% dmg from samael does not work. So essentially, the happiness bonus from pets like Samael is wasted.

Before you start talking about class balance, fix the bugs first. I'm not asking for the +dmg% pet happiness bonus to apply to rogues again, however it would only be fair to give us a boost in another stat like Armor or HP to compensate.
    Moreso to promote balance. I'll give an example where warriors don't get benefit

Rogue Primary stat - 3 hp (dex)
    Rogue Secondary stat - 5 hp (int)
    Other stat - 10 hp (str)

Mage Pimary stat - 3 hp (int)
    Mage Secondary stat - 5 hp (dex)
    Other stat - 10 hp (str)

Warrior Primary stat - 10 hp (str)
    Warrior Secondary stat - 3 hp (dex) NOT 5 HP
    Other stat - 3 hp (int)

As you can see, warriors are the only class with their secondary stat that doesn't grant 5hp. All for balance.

Fortunately for rogues, they are the only class that can use non dmg % pets and still be powerful in PVP.

Without dmg decrease for rogues in pvp, it'd be more of a point and shoot game for rogues. Not really PVP.
    Last edited by Ravager; 04-12-2015 at 04:27 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

At endgame rogues may be hitting hard, but dont forget about twinks.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    I have noticed that when i vs a skilled rogue(equal gear) matched are very close and balanced. However, I have encountered many rogues that also button mash and for this reason I can easily take out.
    The rogue class before a button mash rogue used to be a real threat to a mage because they could stun the mage for a while avoiding a stun-lock combo allowing them to go back to their packs on time. Now, if a rogue is away from their packs they will just get stun-locked and probably killed.

The 2 classes definitely seem far more balanced then before.

EDIT: Rogues have stun immunity as well and ask why in pve rogues with 400 damage are preferred as a pic over a mage with 700. Reason, Rogues do more damage.
    A rouge with 400 damage does NOT do more then a mage with 700.. Trust me... Endgame rouges with mid gear (mythic set, expe bow legendary ring and amulet) can't get close to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Disproves...

I understand your frustration... However the issue is basically about gear...

A legendary rogue vs legendary tanks or mage (or mythic vs mythic.. And so on) is still favored at end game*.

*(dis is end game... or at least his main/toon that I know Is... So I'm only talking about that here)

And when they're talking about rogues doing more damage... they mean literally that (in game)... The numbers don't mean much... A rogue with 500 damage will usually kill a target faster than a mage with almost 1k damage (it's about crits and the way rogues stack basically)

I'd be happy to do some test runs and show you the difference though... I don't understand sts math much as far are stats are concerned (and I don't know many that do) ... But if we party and try and elite map and separate two guys... You'll see a big difference (especially if u tape it and watch damage outputs and speeds!)

If they removed rogue nerf it would just immediately put all mages and tanks (end game atleast) right out of pvp!

**however I do think that scaling the nerf should be looked at per lv

***and the idea of gear balancing pvp maps is AWESOME though I'm not sure if they can do it... I would love pvp maps with a cap of certain gear ( i. e. Common gear, rare gear, legendary gear, arcane gear) that would make games so much more fun at all lvls... And if your bored in one bracket than change your gear and try another!
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    Disproves...

I understand your frustration... However the issue is basically about gear...

A legendary rogue vs legendary tanks or mage (or mythic vs mythic.. And so on) is still favored at end game*.

*(dis is end game... or at least his main/toon that I know Is... So I'm only talking about that here)

And when they're talking about rogues doing more damage... they mean literally that (in game)... The numbers don't mean much... A rogue with 500 damage will usually kill a target faster than a mage with almost 1k damage (it's about crits and the way rogues stack basically)

I'd be happy to do some test runs and show you the difference though... I don't understand sts math much as far are stats are concerned (and I don't know many that do) ... But if we party and try and elite map and separate two guys... You'll see a big difference (especially if u tape it and watch damage outputs and speeds!)

If they removed rogue nerf it would just immediately put all mages and tanks (end game atleast) right out of pvp!

**however I do think that scaling the nerf should be looked at per lv

***and the idea of gear balancing pvp maps is AWESOME though I'm not sure if they can do it... I would love pvp maps with a cap of certain gear ( i. e. Common gear, rare gear, legendary gear, arcane gear) that would make games so much more fun at all lvls... And if your bored in one bracket than change your gear and try another!
    I'd b happy to do some test runs... Il use my level 41..lol. Il add you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post

Exactly, I feel cheated having this pet happiness bonus of +DMG%, should be replaced to something else that ALL CLASS can enjoy. As a rog my pet is always operating at 80% capacity (pet with +DMG% bonus) whenever im in PVP, this should be addressed soon.

If you have Singe as a rog you have -22% damage(PVP), talk about fairness of class.

OR remove +DMG% bonus of pets from WARRIOR and MAGE.
    Last edited by epicrrr; 04-12-2015 at 08:26 AM.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Exactly, I feel cheated having this pet happiness bonus of +DMG%, should be replaced to something else that ALL CLASS can enjoy. As a rog my pet is always operating at 80% capacity (pet with +DMG% bonus) whenever im in PVP, this should be addressed soon.

If you have Singe as a rog you have -22% damage, talk about fairness of class.
    I can see some people saying rogue DMG is OP, and maybe that's why a dmg nerf is needed. But the fact that we don't receive a pet bonus is just ridiculously unfair. At least compensate for it by buffing another stat, STG.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by princenipples View Post
    the rouges are now mad. since they will die more in pvp now. hehe
    Just cause arcane shield lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

As far the the pet happiness problem...

It's not so much a bug... as a result of your nerf, and not properly explained now, I think (like so many stats and multipliers)...

I could be wrong but if I remember correctly this stack/multiplier stopped working when rogues were nerfed in pvp and for the reason of balancing out the classes... So it's basically now just like that obnoxious damage passive skill that won't stack with anything else...

Though I do feel rogues pain (and all classes frustration about skills and buffs not working as they should... Let's face it we all had to respec our damage passive after learning that's it's useless... Along with tons of other skills/bugs)...

I do not think raising rogues damage is the answer... Your skill multipliers like stacking aimed shot, armor, criticals, and crazy fast killer capabilities already make rogues the favored class for anything in game besides maybe a twink clash...

I do think sts needs to address the lies in their skill descriptions (which I have seen them slowly addressing lately and will give credit for)... However they need to fix the ones that don't work (or at least have better transparency about what does and doesn't work/stack), and address the descriptions of gear that only shows once equipped...

Beyond that I think that rogues need to have their debuffs scaled better per level (though I won't claim to know each lv as I hear some are good and some are horrible... And I haven't twinked in long time... Just basing this opinion on people I trust that tell me their issues)

And as far as end game... I think rogues need to step up their game... Like they've been telling others to for years now (not meaning about gear discrepancies, cause that's different)... But it's about time that end game rogues had to get creative in their defensive techniques and I'd prefer to see the end game scales tipped even more so mages or tanks direction (maybe then we can actually get a few kills in around all you rogues out there, lol!)
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it