Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

First Impressions

I did a Plasma Pyramid run with moog along with much discussion about the new updates.

First off, when logging into the game, the time is significantly reduced to log in. Thank you STS for that, it was quite annoying pre-update.

The “Enter world” screen could be modified in my opinion. I like how simple the layout is, and definitely makes it easier for newer players, but it also took away an important feature to me: The town selection screen. Would it be possible to add just one more button, the map selection button? It would really benefit me, and I’m sure many other experienced players.

The new world map looks really good, I like how uncluttered it is. It also seems more intuitive.

The new faces are quite the selection! I have only seen the mage faces (since that is all I play), but there are some good ones on there. I went with the tribal face The standard 5 plat is a very reasonable thing to require when choosing your own independent look. Also, I’m sure the more variety of faces will lead to less “clone” characters walking around. (kind of tired of seeing a group of MM avatars roaming the sewers lol)

A few bugs I have noted:
    When I initially installed the update, it would turn my screen black, then revert back to my homescreen. I uninstalled it, redownloaded and installed, and it is working fine so far.

When I click on the “Join” button on my friends list, no matter where said friend is, I get disconnected from the server. However Moog was able to join me in Plasma Pyramid on his second try (first try he got disconnected).

Now about the GCD..
    While moog was disconnected from attempting to join, I began to run PP solo. Boy was that a challenge! Timing skills is very difficult to adjust to once you are used to having no cool down between them. While wearing full MM with wand bonus, I almost died 3 times… in PP… That was a shock. This is going to be a massive learning experience about timing skills before combat (buffs, magic shield), and while in combat.

Now when moog joined we began to double team the PP map (both on our mages). He and I played our pre-GCD style and succeeded in the completion of the PP map, but it was slower than I could have done solo pre-GCD. “I think this is the end of the solo days” moog said, and I happen to agree with him. We noticed that mob HP seemed to be less. I was one hitting many of them, when pre-GCD I would not have. Not sure if bosses have changed at all, will have to do more research. I did notice the lightning skill seemed to take effect much quicker, I would cast and almost instantly it would hit (whereas pre-GCD I would cast, followed by a pause, then the bolts would strike). The “available combo time” seemed to be longer as well, which is necessary with the cooldown.

Both of us think GCD will revolutionize the playing style of all builds. Mages have become MUCH more necessary on a team. Since there is such a long cooldown, it takes a whopping 2 seconds to cast all buff/debuff skills. That is the difference between life and death. Throw on a heal and a rev, and you are over 3 seconds. IMO there will have to be 2 mages on each team. One that is the debuff, heal, and rev mage. While the other is the Attack, combo, buff mage. One can simply NOT cast all spells in a group of mobs and be successful. You need a team. Another option would be that one mage chooses one debuff and the freeze skill, and the other chooses the second debuff and the firestorm skill. That way the combo would still be performed, and both can be active members of the team.

I know the devs mentioned they were going to tweak the mobs hp/our damage to make it work better, but I think decreasing the amount of damage a mob can deal is the best option. Getting hit by 10 mobs with pre-GCD (from now on I’m going to call pre-GCD, PGCD) damage is quite damaging, along with the inability to cast heal/drain life (due to it cooling down between attacks), make it MUCH more challenging. By decreasing mob damage (leave our damage how it was PGDC, no need to change that if mob damage is reduced), it would even out the survivability time.

I will wait until I have more experience with the GCD to make a final opinion of it, but for now I’m sticking with “challenging”

Question: Are passwords to maps case sensitive? If so, it might be a good idea to make them not so. Some phones auto capitalize the first letter of a word, while others don’t. If a host creates a password and doesn’t realize that it is capitalized, no one will be able to join the game even with the password being “known”.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    hmm, that gives me a build idea
    Wow and now people want a MAGE NERF? No fix GCD dont nerf my beautiful mage. Nerfing heal will forever change PVE and what we do best( Heal our tanks!) Back before GCD We were being owned by birds now its your turn to take a beating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Played some stronghold with a reasonable group, one leaderboard member even there. Wipeouts, no spells, no damage, constantly just waiting for gcd. K&Q now come out together. Took quite a while before we managed to reset them so that only one stayed there to fight. That was all cool, they were too easy, but then... it took for ever, even with red elixirs and all. The whole thing felt about as fast paced as swimming *** first in tar. I closed the game and chuck away the tab.

I know one person who's gonna love this gcd, my wife.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    I think imma quit . This update ruined all . It sucks , sorry but it really does .
    Guys...RELAX!! Give the devs a chance to address the issues and let the dust settle before bashing them. They've proven it time and time again that they DO hear us and I'm sure they're trying their best. They have plenty riding on their shoulders and with such a tightly established community, they'll sort things out.
    Last edited by neko; 04-12-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    I think imma quit . This update ruined all . It sucks , sorry but it really does .
    weren't you the one really excited awhile ago to download the new update? hahahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    Guys...RELAX!! Give the devs a chance to address the issues and let the dust settle before bashing them. They've proven it time and time again that they DO hear us and I'm sure they're trying their best. They have plenty riding on their shoulders and with such a tightly established community, they're sort things out.
    +1

I think people should give the updates a chance, keep a cool head about it, and honestly, just have fun!
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuLLitz View Post
    It didn't have to be tried to KNOW it was an error.

There were so many great ideas posted on the forums since the last major update... and what did we get? Farts.

**Hey PL... since you don't actually test this stuff, how about inviting some actual users to do the testing for you?
    nicely said dude. all we got was farts, lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just downloaded it. It's sad to say that I'm fairly disappointed. It wasn't what I was expecting at all with the GCD. I know I said in some post that I like the idea, but now, my phone kinda gave me the disadvantage. Since my phone only has 2 touch points and the second touch point having x and y axis issues e.g. when I am running forward and tap the attack button, it casts a skill I didn't even tap. I've already worked around that issue by using and getting used to the "tap to move" feature so I can shoot skills without using the virtual joystick. The problem now is my thumb blocks the skills when I continuously move which is now necessary for the GCD since it takes longer to complete the skills you plan to use.

Solution & Fact:

New device, I could buy an ipod just for the game. BUT. What I was expecting is that I can tap the skills and queue them. But it turns out, you can't and you have to wait for the GCD itself before you can actually tap anything. So with the sad reality my 300-400 ping and GCD, it takes me around 4-5 seconds to shoot only 4 skills. Now that's a bummer.

I'll have to wait and see if the devs plan to remodel the current GCD and skill scheme. But for now, I'm sort of lost in the game because of the ping + GCD issue.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

ok ppl to whose giving feedback like this sux or im gonna quit or give my old PL back and such but im sorry they are trying to improve the game as a whole and when there's change theres gonna be negative feedback and criticisms... they have been in the past with every major update but we all know what happened after - the devs worked their butt off and the game got better and better with becoming the best mmorpg in the universe so like noneo and neko is saying relax and give the devs at least a chance to tweak or change a few things to make it better and instead of giving feedback like this sux or im gonna quit or give my old pl back how about provide some constructive feedback/criticism like why does it suck? what are the things about it that make you wanna quit or want the old pl back? they want feedback in this sense so they can look at the big picture and make changes that will improve and make the game better as a whole for the future and beyond....
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about the sewer king sets like they said !? And the 5 gold faces !?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bstosnbata View Post
    nicely said dude. all we got was farts, lol
    Don't forget puking! Anyone QQing over this update should grab a hooch hat and a hooch shield and meet me in Alien Oasis for a pool party. We will pound some hooch and puke in the water! I figure that is a more productive use of time, and it will let people with real feedback get a chance to post.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    First Impressions

While moog was disconnected from attempting to join, I began to run PP solo. Boy was that a challenge! Timing skills is very difficult to adjust to once you are used to having no cool down between them. While wearing full MM with wand bonus, I almost died 3 times… in PP… That was a shock. This is going to be a massive learning experience about timing skills before combat (buffs, magic shield), and while in combat.

Now when moog joined we began to double team the PP map (both on our mages). He and I played our pre-GCD style and succeeded in the completion of the PP map, but it was slower than I could have done solo pre-GCD. “I think this is the end of the solo days” moog said, and I happen to agree with him. We noticed that mob HP seemed to be less. I was one hitting many of them, when pre-GCD I would not have. Not sure if bosses have changed at all, will have to do more research. I did notice the lightning skill seemed to take effect much quicker, I would cast and almost instantly it would hit (whereas pre-GCD I would cast, followed by a pause, then the bolts would strike). The “available combo time” seemed to be longer as well, which is necessary with the cooldown.

Both of us think GCD will revolutionize the playing style of all builds. Mages have become MUCH more necessary on a team. Since there is such a long cooldown, it takes a whopping 2 seconds to cast all buff/debuff skills. That is the difference between life and death. Throw on a heal and a rev, and you are over 3 seconds. IMO there will have to be 2 mages on each team. One that is the debuff, heal, and rev mage. While the other is the Attack, combo, buff mage. One can simply NOT cast all spells in a group of mobs and be successful. You need a team. Another option would be that one mage chooses one debuff and the freeze skill, and the other chooses the second debuff and the firestorm skill. That way the combo would still be performed, and both can be active members of the team.

I know the devs mentioned they were going to tweak the mobs hp/our damage to make it work better, but I think decreasing the amount of damage a mob can deal is the best option. Getting hit by 10 mobs with pre-GCD (from now on I’m going to call pre-GCD, PGCD) damage is quite damaging, along with the inability to cast heal/drain life (due to it cooling down between attacks), make it MUCH more challenging. By decreasing mob damage (leave our damage how it was PGDC, no need to change that if mob damage is reduced), it would even out the survivability time.

I will wait until I have more experience with the GCD to make a final opinion of it, but for now I’m sticking with “challenging”

Question: Are passwords to maps case sensitive? If so, it might be a good idea to make them not so. Some phones auto capitalize the first letter of a word, while others don’t. If a host creates a password and doesn’t realize that it is capitalized, no one will be able to join the game even with the password being “known”.

I agree with what Nono said.

Decrease mob damage is a must now, and did the same and did a run on PP. debuffs now seem obsolete since by the time you cast them you are either dead or mobs are dead.

I am up for the GCD but it needs to be tweaked some or runs are gonna last to long for it to become enjoyable. I will do more testing tonight but buffs and debuffs are the main problem at least with the mage, I haven't tested my bird yet.

Suggestions:

- Allow for buffs and debuffs and healing skills to be used without the GCD; or make buffs last much longer including the bonus buffs received.

- Extend the time frame yo have to cast combos. Combos that can be done with your character only like Hot Flash are easy to pull off still but Nature strike and others are harder to pull off now.

-Decrease Mob damage done.

-If instances are gonna last longer then the drop rate should be increased as well as experience, to compensate for the time increase.

-If not decrease the time of GCD to .25 seconds this will at least wont allow for multi-tap skill spam.

These are the suggestions I could think for now.

Note:

Please give positive feedback suggestions because "this sux, I'm gonna quit, worst update" statements don't help out with anything. Just give positive feedback and developers always listen to us. STS has proven themselves over and over and when players do write positive feedback. Screaming and yelling like little kids doesn't help anyone only annoy players that are reading the thread.
    Last edited by Echelong; 04-12-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

JustG in Oasis Towne. Looks like a pool party
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #134
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Definitely keep a cool head about it. Those that know us, know we will keep working on things until they rock. Troll or multiple cries of this sucks can lead to temp (or perm) bans from here. We need level feedback, not drama.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since instructed to post here for feedback, here is mine:

For GCD: I have not changed my mind. I still do not like this feature. For farmers it just bogs everything down. I would compare it to waiting in the doctors office. While i have adjusted to the GCD and can run some maps in the same time before, you can no longer move along with any fluid feeling.

As for the removal of the host game option from the menu screen, I also still wish this would be returned to normal. While I have adjusted to the other location of the host game screen, old habbits still result in me being booted back to town more frequently than I would like.
    - OlliWalli: Level 56 Dual Stat Int/Str Mage [ ] OlliDaWalli: Level 55 Pure Dex Bird
    - OliTwinkNWali: Level 15 PvP Dex Bear

* Guild Member of AEO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Definitely keep a cool head about it. Those that know us, know we will keep working on things until they rock. Troll or multiple cries of this sucks can lead to temp (or perm) bans from here. We need level feedback, not drama.
    I really like the parokeet face!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Yes, sorry G . I think I should say that update is cool . Well i'm just disapointed but emotes rocks !!!!! Good luck STS <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'm going to second all those who say that GCD is a great idea for pvp but terrible for pve.

In pvp it's going to change things but in a good way. I hopped in to a few games and while my mage was still usually getting killed by good birds, it felt like I at least had a chance and that there is some strategy out there that would work if I took time to figure it out. Before it used to be just a game of reflexes. Now it's going to take a lot more strategy and advance planning of combos. I like it.

For pve however, it makes the game much slower and less interesting. It's not more challenging, just more grindy. I ran a hideout run with a good party and nobody was ever in any danger of dying, including me as the only mage with a gem blast staff. It just took longer, and the boss took forever. The mobs can't kill you but you can't kill them either. Sitting there chipping away at mobs that won't harm you but have lots of health was always one of my least favorite parts of the game, and now it's worse. Bosses especially seem to take a reaaaly long time without being more strategic or challenging. Goldfever took a while for us, and a friend just messaged me it took them 2 minutes to kill Blanky (or so it felt). I remember that boss in the winter dungeon that was such an unchallenging, long grind to kill. Now all of them will be like this.

The game feels like it's been simplified even more than it was, as if it's now designed for 3-year-olds. There's nothing to reward people who try to speed up runs and take on lots of mobs, because everyone is going to still have to go through the same slow grind. Even super-casual games like Dinner Dash feel more fast paced and adrenaline-filled than this.

Also it's pretty hard to tell when the cooldown is over unless one is looking at one's skills all the time. It takes away from looking at the fight and enjoying the run. I felt like I was just sitting there waiting for a timer to keep resetting itself. Click (watch as cooldown sloooowly goes up), click (waaaait...) and so on. Maybe for someone who is just starting out this is fine, but for those who have been playing for a while we need some faster pacing to keep our minds occupied. It's a video game after all - it shouldn't feel like we are filling out a skills checklist on a really unresponsive task list software running on a 10-year-old computer.

I don't want to sound panicky and overrating but I'm just really sad about this change. Feels like it took away the game. My best in-game friend just messaged me that she logged off because she can't take it and I feel like doing the same. Just feel really sad about how the game now plays.

---

Another issue that's much more minor: I know I said I wouldn't complain about the fart pack, but I just really don't like to hear fart and puke noises every time I log into town. Used to be I could leave my device with the sound on and go afk when I didn't want to feel alone (yes I have no life), and all you could hear were the background birds chirping and people sometimes doing fireworks. Now you can't even go into town for a minute without hearing everyone farting and puking. Several of my friends were also saying how disgusting they find this.

Since half the PL population seems to like this kind of humor and the other half hates it, could we have an option to hide those emotes? That way those who find them funny can enjoy them and the rest of us can be left in peace.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Clicking "join" in friends list gets you disconnected. Please fix.
    Thank you!

P.S.
    I'm running Android version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Since half the PL population seems to like this kind of humor and the other half hates it, could we have an option to hide those emotes? That way those who find them funny can enjoy them and the rest of us can be left in peace.
    I think an option to hide the crude emotes pack would be awesome and make everyone happy.