Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
Ah, syncho isn't easy. Playing as a bird I was disapponted of mages missing Nature Strike opportunities; now I am growing a mage character and the lightning delay plus a medium lag (ping 200-300) gives a successful window of 1 sec for the combo - easy only if we are not healing / launching AoE / refreshing Auto Target / renewing BoM, BoV, Nightmare and Weakness all together.
Lightning strike can hit in excess of 1,300 unpotted, when it crits. I have seen my mage do it. I believe it is like this:

Lightning strike damage (mine is 262 to 394 unbuffed with 10% chance of crit and with blessings of might, 292 to 424 with 70% chance of crit with blessings of might) is as follows:

(Lightning strike base damage - enemy armor) x Combo from nature strike (x2 I think) x Critical hit (x2 again); so X4 total. In theory, it is possible to hit 1696 without a melee pot, assuming of course that the enemy has been debuffed of all their armor. In practice, 1,400 to 1,500 is the highest I've seen. A hit in excess of 3,000 may be possible with the melee pot.

Can anyone confirm that nature strike doubles lightning damage?

I try hard to synchronize my attacks when I play, but often the results are worse than I'd like.