Thread: A Discussion on Farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default A Discussion on Farming.

So, after about a week of thinking this through, I have compiled all of the questions I have accumulated throughought my brief endgame experience.

Overall, im just looking for some simple, yet detailed, answers to my seemingly simple questions. I understand that most people will be running the event now, and I hope this isnt buried in threads. So here goes nothing.

Other than the general lock farming, what can I do as a reliable source of income?

What is there for elites that I can start on to earn money?

Do mythics drop in elites?

What is the BEST way to earn money, reguardless of gear? (Lock popping excluded)

What is my priority, being a Sorcerer w/ Planar helm and armor, an expe rifle, lunar pendant, and cheap legendary ring? (Decent pets are Ribbit, Ethyl, and Crawly)

What elites are worth running, taking into consideration time-cost(ankhs/elixirs/pots)-and profit?

Would it be smart to level my rogue and warrior as well? (A little off topic, but still needed to be touched on)

General tips on farming/playing overall?

Thanks for your time and responses, im just looking for a healthy start to my engame experience.

Reguards,
    Pancakepanic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pancakepanic View Post
    So, after about a week of thinking this through, I have compiled all of the questions I have accumulated throughought my brief endgame experience.

Overall, im just looking for some simple, yet detailed, answers to my seemingly simple questions. I understand that most people will be running the event now, and I hope this isnt buried in threads. So here goes nothing.

Other than the general lock farming, what can I do as a reliable source of income?

What is the BEST way to earn money, reguardless of gear? (Lock popping excluded)

What is my priority, being a Sorcerer w/ Planar helm and armor, an expe rifle, lunar pendant, and cheap legendary ring? (Decent pets are Ribbit, Ethyl, and Crawly)

What elites are worth running, taking into consideration time-cost(ankhs/elixirs/pots)-and profit?

Would it be smart to level my rogue and warrior as well? (A little off topic, but still needed to be touched on)

General tips on farming/playing overall?

Thanks for your time and responses, im just looking for a healthy start to my engame experience.

Pancakepanic
    I'd say farm eggs and legendaries in elites. Elites are kinda dead right now, but those items can give you a boost in your income if you are lucky enough. Lock farming is kind of your best bet right now. At this moment though, run event. YOu can profit a lot from it. Also, you can farm gem essences and sell gems. That will take a lot of work though.
    In elite tindirin, there are some very good legendaries that you can loot from there. Some of those weapons, sell for a lot! If you run magma corridor, you can loot magma armors which sell for quite a lot!
    As of now, mythics do not drop in elites. However, if you save up enough teeth in Tindirin, you can buy a mythic dragonite bar which can be used in the mythic amulet recipe.
    Farming is the best way to earn money. When you pop locks, if you don't gain anything, you end up losing money from stuff. Farming takes lots of time and work, but it is very profitable. You just have to be committed.
    Your priority as a sorcerer is getting a mythic weapon. You'd get the damage and DPS you need for stuff, and it's really cool!
    I would run wilds, but the problem is, the loot there is Eh. There is a type of dagger that drops there, and it only sells for 8k. But it's the shortest map. If you know people with elite experience, run caves if your warrior knows the pulls. As a sorcerer, use fire, shield, freeze, and clock until you get to the boss. Switch clock with light at boss. Always keep a shield. Magma Corridor has some pretty sweet loot, but you will need ankhs for the boss if your group cannot stun or stay away from the red zone.
    It would be smart, just make sure you have some extra money for those toons. Get some magma weapons on those and some other cheap good gear. I'd turn your warrior into a tank, buy some tanking gear. Buff your rogue. Whenever someone calls for a class in elite, you'll be prepared!
    When you are farming, don't get frustrated. Keep grinding at the loot. You'll get it. Also, look at forums a lot, there are many helpful guides. Whenever you need help, PM someone on here, or make a thread. There are lots of people here willing to help! Ignore the beggars and the trolls. Make lots of friends. The social aspect of AL is amazing. Have fun!
    PS: Buy kelvin! You will need him
    Last edited by obee; 12-09-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Wow ^.^ thanks for taking the time for giving such a lengthy response. Where specifically should i farm for eggs? I know you mentioned that

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Farm energy essences and craft to make energy balls, then run the event and buy eggs and the vanities. Hold on them for a while till the price reaches the amount you fancy and then sell them.

Run some easy elites to get eggs and maybe a little loot here and there (Malison from Elite Rook's Nest, Kettle from Forest, etc.)

No, they do not. However, if you run the higher end elites, such as the Planar Tombs (though I would advice a minimum of stats to run these - 3.5k hp and about 500 damage? They are very hard if you do not have a bare minimum of stats!) you can drop things which could potentially go for 100k+ - weapons, mainly, especially for the warrior class. The mythic dragonite bar, as Obee mentioned, can be gained by running Tindirin and looting Dragkin teeth - 150 of those lets you make a dragonite bar.

Event running imo. You don't need to spend a dime (irl or IG) if you simply spend your time farming essences in wt4; 3 of those make one energy ball. As I mentioned above, buy things with winter tokens and sell them after the event is done for gold.

IMO, there are several cheap epic rings which are very nice (Silver Hoop of Brutality!). You can also buy decently cheap pets such as Orion and Kelvin. Kelvin is very good for bosses as it has a 100% stun rate on arcane ability which has a pretty low 15 seconds cooldown.

I skipped the last 3 as I lack much experience in that area!

Hope I helped,

Alhunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Keep the info coming guys i am really looking forward to becoming more knowledgable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Farming essences and making gems is the best consistent income you can get. During event time, everyone is crafting event items and gems, meaning the supply of normal gems is going to drop dramatically. There is always a need for gems, especially with new gear releases, so this is an avenue I would recommend considering.

Gems are good profit in every season and at all times. They never go out of style, whereas crates go up and down like yoyos.

Save up and get some good armor and a blood ruby ring. Right now mythic armour is fairly inexpensive but may be replaced soon. Planar (arena) gear is decent but has very low damage comparatively, which may cost you more in pots in the long run than it would if mobs died faster.

Once you are geared and have gained experience getting there, planar tomb chests are very good money at the moment, as will the magmatic weapons from elite tinderin over the next month.

Basically, look at what the crowds of players are intent on and work out where the supply gaps will be for that period of time. Then fill the supply and cash in on the increased demand.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.