530 Posts

You guys are gonna hate me...oh well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You guys are gonna hate me...oh well
    The Bible also states in it (in I think Corinthians) that the end of time is, and will always be unknown to man until the event occurs. Remember the whole May 21st of 2011 thing with the Christian radio host? That's why it was so funny. People heard about his numerical decoding and threw money at his church as donations to prepare for it, and now they're screwed out of the money because they didn't know what a total contradiction it was.

Also, I believe the Mayans were the first to proper create an accurate calendar. As for not accumulating for the leap year, I think that's not true since as the post above me states their advances in astronomy, that shouldn't have been a problem for them.
    Last edited by KingFu; 12-18-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    The Bible also states in it (in I think Corinthians) that the end of time is, and will always be unknown to man until the event occurs. Remember the whole May 21st of 2011 thing with the Christian radio host? That's why it was so funny. People heard about his numerical decoding and threw money at his church as donations to prepare for it, and now they're screwed out of the money because they didn't know what a total contradiction it was.

Also, I believe the Mayans were the first to proper create an accurate calendar. As for not accumulating for the leap year, I think that's not true since as the post above me states their advances in astronomy, that shouldn't have been a problem for them.
    Bear in mind there are such a thing as false Christians.

The Mayans may have been the first to make a calendar but that doesn't give them the authority to say when the world ends.