Thread: The second contest!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
    It's not properly cited so its considered plagiarism and yeah why not do your own jokes, these types of jokes are pretty common stories
    plagiarism
    the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
    synonyms: copying, infringement of copyright, piracy, theft, stealing; informalcribbing
    "accusations of plagiarism"

Finding it off the internet isn't stealing or passing as our own jokes unless we say I created this joke. Even if it did count it would still be impossible to cite who first said the joke. Even if we SOMEHOW make a joke no one has said before , im sure someone has said before.

If I was to copy an article written on Zara Nelsova by the woman herself then said I wrote it. It would be plagiarism. Basically 9 times outta 10 if its not copyrighted its not really plagiarized.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonkinghero View Post
    plagiarism
    the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
    synonyms: copying, infringement of copyright, piracy, theft, stealing; informalcribbing

Finding it off the internet isn't stealing or passing as our own jokes unless we say I created this joke. Even if it did count it would still be impossible to cite who first said the joke. Even if we SOMEHOW make a joke no one has said before , im sure someone has said before.

If I was to copy an article written on Zara Nelsova by the woman herself then said I wrote it. It would be plagiarism. Basically 9 times outta 10 if its not copyrighted its not really plagiarized.
    Pro tip - if you do not site your source, it's plagarised
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Pro tip - if you do not site your source, it's plagarised
    So I should Cite a joke thats on hundred of different websites. I guess every single person whose posted a joke anywhere or written anything even the words your reading now is wrong since they haven't cited it. Call me an idiot, but stealing music lyrics and pasting them as my own is one thing but a joke off the internet? I must be the biggest idiot then anytime i've ever written anything as such. I'll remember to cite EVERYTHING since apparently NO MATTER how SMALL and COMMON even if its a JOKE.(My sarcasm is horrible._.)

I got a joke just created ^^(I'm sure some one has said before)
    What day is national @ss whooping day?
    Report Card Day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

So I should Cite a joke thats on hundred of different websites. I guess every single person whose posted a joke anywhere or written anything even the words your reading now is wrong since they haven't cited it. Call me an idiot, but stealing music lyrics and pasting them as my own is one thing but a joke off the internet? I must be the biggest idiot then anytime i've ever written anything as such. I'll remember to cite EVERYTHING since apparently NO MATTER how SMALL and COMMON even if its a JOKE.(My sarcasm is horrible._.)

I got a joke just created ^^(I'm sure some one has said before)
    What day is national @ss whooping day?
    Report Card Day
    Lol its simple
    If u read a joke online and post it then it does not count as a valid entry
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

plagiarism

It is actually stealing.

and since u like the definition game -

steal
    stēl/Submit
    verb
    gerund or present participle: stealing
    take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
    "thieves stole her bicycle"
    synonyms: purloin, thieve, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, loot, pilfer, run off with, abscond with, carry off, shoplift; More
    dishonestly pass off (another person's ideas) as one's own.
    "accusations that one group had stolen ideas from the other were soon flying"
    synonyms: plagiarize, copy, pass off as one's own, pirate, poach, borrow; More
    take the opportunity to give or share (a kiss) when it is not expected or when people are not watching.
    "he was allowed to steal a kiss in the darkness"
    synonyms: snatch, sneak, get stealthily/surreptitiously
    "he stole a kiss"
    (in various sports) gain (an advantage, a run, or possession of the ball) unexpectedly or by exploiting the temporary distraction of an opponent.
    BASEBALL
    (of a base runner) advance safely to (the next base) by running to it as the pitcher begins the delivery.
    "Rickey stole third base"
    move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.
    "he stole down to the kitchen"
    synonyms: creep, sneak, slink, slip, slide, glide, tiptoe, sidle, edge
    "he stole out of the room"
    Ign - Coolguymage

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post: