Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys, been a little while since I've posted on here but with the new update I really feel the urge to let off a bit of steam.

I've been playing PL since the beginning of the year and you could pretty much say I fell in love with the game and become addicted. Four weeks ago I decided to start a character, specifically a Mage but dual binded with dexterity. This was not my only plan, I wanted to have a character that I was really proud of so decided an extremely high kill to low death ratio. In fact I actually managed to get to level 44 without dying and had 3500 kills, sadly lag got the better of me and I died. Still, 3500 kills to one death is pretty frighin' sweet so as of yesterday I had over 5500 kills to one death and level 47... Then I updated the game today.

The only thing I am really disappointed with is the count down timer. Because it was suck a shock and extremely abnormal to me I actually died extremely quickly, my char is powerful but only because of my ability to play her well and fast. I'd just like to say that the death I just experienced would have been extremely disappointing to me and it would have upset me a great deal but having this death happen because of such a drastic change in gameplay has weirdly reall pi**ed me off (sorry for the swearing but it's well due).

Guys, I will give this new gameplay change a small amount of my time, if I hadn't of died down to no fault of my own I would have spent every minute I had free mastering it but not now.

I would consider myself a valued client, having spent more money on pocket legends than I have any other game on any device, be it a mobile device, console or PC. Having realized that in order to get more from this game I have to share the love with those talented people that designed and developed such a genuinely masterful piece of a mobile game the way I did so was buying Plat to help fund the development. I'm so disappointed that if I can't appreciate this drastic change I'm afraid will no longer be playing the awesomeness that was PL up to 1.7.

Many thanks for reading and I hope I come back with good news that my death has disappeared and I'm comfortable with the game still. Here's to wishful thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Yes, sorry G . I think I should say that update is cool . Well i'm just disapointed but emotes rocks !!!!! Good luck STS <3
    You should say what you don't like and why you don't like it without sounding like a troll. If you don't like GCD then say the issues you are having and maybe make a suggestion. That would be called positive feedback and the developers can then see what is wrong and find a positive fix.

Obviously something is wrong with GCD so far and a few bugs here and there. I made a suggestion on page 13 and some others have done the same; I am sure devs will read them and find out a way to make the experience better.

As for pvp I haven't tried it but I imagine 2 FF paladins will take weeks to kill each other.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still think the GCD should have been implemented on PvP only. Possible solution: Go map-based? Only enabled for PvP maps?

Any updates on which Balefort Sewer equipments got set bonus? Maybe the orange, purple and green items got set bonuses instead?

Still updating from the App Store. Excited about the new emotes and faces.
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People will need time to get to use to the GCD. Remember when weapon speed was reduced? People were complaining left and right. After a week everybody get used to the reduced weapon speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Definitely keep a cool head about it. Those that know us, know we will keep working on things until they rock. Troll or multiple cries of this sucks can lead to temp (or perm) bans from here. We need level feedback, not drama.
    So far i've done a few sewer runs, and i liked it! It felt.. smooth? somehow. Since skill spamming is history, effects aren't overfloating my screen anymore! I like it.
    What i didn't like is the speed. I'm not sure if you guys did some tweaking at the bosses but mobs certainly don't die fast enough IMO! And what's up with the set bonuses...? :>

I really like the new aline oasis, i will go fishing there every day!
    Last edited by Jinlac; 04-12-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    -Jinlac-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Benaorn, I had no problem with weapon speed changes.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

To those wondering where the new sets are, they never said it would come from current equipment ...

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Some problems I noticed:

1)I am unable to join friends from my friends list.
    2)I get randomly disconnected from the server. (seems to be correlated with attempted joining)

If I notice anything else I'll post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srcnix View Post
    Benaorn, I had no problem with weapon speed changes.
    Sure there are people that don't like, those that like, and those that don't care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It bothers me that the faces many of us paid for are now free for newcomers, and we have to pay for new ones if we want to look unique.

I used 30 plat total on my 3 faces (as I'm sure many other did as well), and if I now change faces so I can have something besides the now-free ones, that plat went straight down the drain.

I think the fair thing to do would be to give those who bought faces in the past, a chance to change for free to any of the new ones, one time only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    It bothers me that the faces many of us paid for are now free for newcomers, and we have to pay for new ones if we want to look unique.

I used 30 plat total on my 3 faces (as I'm sure many other did as well), and if I now change faces so I can have something besides the now-free ones, that plat went straight down the drain.

I think the fair thing to do would be to give those who bought faces in the past, a chance to change for free to any of the new ones, one time only.
    and we cant change our basic armour...but the newbies can
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superss View Post
    GCD... im thinking about a boycott until its un-implamented sorry devs i feel bad even considering it but if anyone agrees...
    Great idea, grab a hooch hat and shield and hit the Oasis pool till they fix it the way you like it.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im happy with cooldown and i rly rly love the new pl cjar creation. Thenew screen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys .. what face should I buy for my bird ? =P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    and we cant change our basic armour...but the newbies can
    No they cannot. They get to choose the color of their first armor. This colored armor goes away when the un equip it.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I think I've done most of the (hopefully level-headed) discussions in the first GCD thread against the utilization of GCD in PvE.

The purpose of a mobile MMO is to create fast, quick games to farm a couple of items here and there, for a majority of players. It's to level up at a decent pace too, so you don't shut too many players out of repetitious grinding. Now there are some extremists, like me, who can play hours at end. My parties at Balefort Sewers can go through maps anywhere from 3 to 4 minutes, and roughly 15 minutes to get through all maps.

Now, with PvE GCD in effect, it took an elite party over 5 minutes to get through Bandit Hideout (usually we can clear it out in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, with leet players). Stronghold takes roughly 4:00-4:30 with the same leet players, so I don't even want to know how long it will take to finish Stronghold - maybe 7 minutes? Bosses take an excruciatingly long time to kill simply because the 0.5 second cooldown adds up for everyone. There's no change of strategy involved at all; my entire party is using the same exact combos we used prior to GCD, but at an infinitely slower rate. At the rate our party went through Gold Fever, it'll take about 25-30 minutes to complete all the Sewer maps. Now take into consideration noob parties that go through Alien Oasis and Balefort Sewers for the first time. I can't fathom how long they will take, nor the amount of frustration they will experience trying to simply grind out levels. We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...

I believe the PvE GCD will push PL further and further away from a "casual" MMO into an MMO fit more for hardcore players. But if the intent is to market primarily for hardcore MMO players (like players in WoW), then I can see how the GCD's challenge is warranted. Otherwise, the grind will definitely be way too tough for new players. I believe enemy nerfs or increased skill damage needs to balance GCD out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I think I've done most of the (hopefully level-headed) discussions in the first GCD thread against the utilization of GCD in PvE.

The purpose of a mobile MMO is to create fast, quick games to farm a couple of items here and there, for a majority of players. It's to level up at a decent pace too, so you don't shut too many players out of repetitious grinding. Now there are some extremists, like me, who can play hours at end. My parties at Balefort Sewers can go through maps anywhere from 3 to 4 minutes, and roughly 15 minutes to get through all maps.

Now, with PvE GCD in effect, it took an elite party over 5 minutes to get through Bandit Hideout (usually we can clear it out in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, with leet players). Stronghold takes roughly 4:00-4:30 with the same leet players, so I don't even want to know how long it will take to finish Stronghold - maybe 7 minutes? Bosses take an excruciatingly long time to kill simply because the 0.5 second cooldown adds up for everyone. There's no change of strategy involved at all; my entire party is using the same exact combos we used prior to GCD, but at an infinitely slower rate. At the rate our party went through Gold Fever, it'll take about 25-30 minutes to complete all the Sewer maps. Now take into consideration noob parties that go through Alien Oasis and Balefort Sewers for the first time. I can't fathom how long they will take, nor the amount of frustration they will experience trying to simply grind out levels. We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...

I believe the PvE GCD will push PL further and further away from a "casual" MMO into an MMO fit more for hardcore players. But if the intent is to market primarily for hardcore MMO players (like players in WoW), then I can see how the GCD's challenge is warranted. Otherwise, the grind will definitely be way too tough for new players. I believe enemy nerfs or increased skill damage needs to balance GCD out.
    yay phys!!! i like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate how everyone cries about gcd. It makes the game so much better in my opinion. You actually need skill now to survive and be a good player. Anyone could be decent when you could just spam. Now "some" timing is needed. I barely notice it cuz I was practicing hitting skills slower and in specific orders before gcd went live.

Stop QQ'ing seriously. If the game started with gcd and then they removed it. You would all cry and cry the games too easy. Think about it....

Gcd is a great thing in my eyes. Especially for pvp. Stop crying seriously.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGiant For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Definitely keep a cool head about it. Those that know us, know we will keep working on things until they rock. Troll or multiple cries of this sucks can lead to temp (or perm) bans from here. We need level feedback, not drama.
    Aren't people aren't allowed to express their opinions? A lot of us feel like you didn't even listen to a single thing or suggestion we offered about GCD. The biggest of all being that we asked you to implement on PVP first, try it out, and then consider it for PVE? You told the GCD was "necessary" but never gave us a single valid reason why and the game still seemed to be working quite fine.

We all know you work hard to make the game better and we appreciate it! That said threatening to temp or perma ban people because they are upset at something you changed and voice there opinions is bad policy. Perhaps you would consider just letting people voice their opinions, feelings, whatever(as long as it's clean language wise) and take it for what it is (trolling, anger, frustration, cries, drama, etc). We aren't clones.

Kraz

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingGiant View Post
    I hate how everyone cries about gcd. It makes the game so much better in my opinion. You actually need skill now to survive and be a good player. Anyone could be decent when you could just spam. Now "some" timing is needed. I barely notice it cuz I was practicing hitting skills slower and in specific orders before gcd went live.

Stop QQ'ing seriously. If the game started with gcd and then they removed it. You would all cry and cry the games too easy. Think about it....

Gcd is a great thing in my eyes. Especially for pvp. Stop crying seriously.
    It doesn't make PvE harder. It doesn't take any skill to survive and be a good player at all, as evidenced by my post-GCD sewer runs. It just makes everything slower.