Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Beta Leaderboards to be Wiped for Launch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

That's the thing. I (and I'm sure others)question the need for a beta in the first place. PL had bugs and continues to have bugs after every update/patch. There was never a beta but Apple accepted it anyway. We the players just pointed out bugs while playing. So you're going to tell me that STS's second game, which likely would be much more polished on release than PL simply because they already have a sound foundation with PL to work off of, wouldn't be accepted by Apple without first having a droid beta? Sorry, don't buy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    That's the thing. I (and I'm sure others)question the need for a beta in the first place. PL had bugs and continues to have bugs after every update/patch. There was never a beta but Apple accepted it anyway. We the players just pointed out bugs while playing. So you're going to tell me that STS's second game, which likely would be much more polished on release than PL simply because they already have a sound foundation with PL to work off of, wouldn't be accepted by Apple without first having a droid beta? Sorry, don't buy it.
    Ok so the game is released to everyone and someone finds a major bug that needs a new client update to be fixed. That's another 1-2 weeks just to make sure the new client works. During beta these types of bugs are supposed to be a lot easier to fix and test. That's the reason that I remember from the devs. There's plenty of information on this that's been provided.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    First off, here's a tissue.

Gears of War 3 had a beta. A rather long beta. Same people made Gears of War 2. But why not just release Gears 3 right away right? I mean let's just find the bugs while we're playing on Live and submit them and everything will be fine wooooo!!!. Then let's have thousands of angry people complaining constantly about bugs and glitches and how they can't play because the servers are down. Definitely a great strategy.

Or, we can have a beta period where things are tested, rewards are limited, and bugs and glitches are found to make the game more enjoyable for everyone else to play upon release. The game wasn't accepted by Apple because they don't accept incomplete apps. If they did, then there would be a beta period on iOS as well. Stop your whining, grow a pair, and deal with it. There's more things to do in the world than sit in front of your phone screen.

Or you can just go get an Android phone.