Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Oasis Towne Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have two suggestions that will make oasis town awsome. The first is to custimize it alot more than has been done , for example add heaps of trees ( like in the various dungeons ) and add a waterfall amd little lakes . The second is to make a cs in oasis town aswell as balefort. This will greatly increase the number of people who go to oasis town and will make it a fun town unlike others such as the swamps since there is nothing there for players to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The museum needs fixing.
    What's up with that big ochre void all around the corridors?
    It seems like the job was a bit rushed.
    Adding textures instead of a solid colour would've barely taken any time at all.
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

New town is great
    lvl 50 crafting was not what was expected i want to craft/combine some of the old items to make them better.

the new set is a little weak especially the new mystery sword i paid out my last 5 plat for it expecting it to be awsome. it looks cool but is not powerfull enough i was hoping for a cool one handed sword that both looks cool and is powerful im still using that old limbchopper lol.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I like the way the new armour looks color-wise. It looks more suited for BS, IMO, and the jewels for Desert from Aliens :P I like the looks better from this town's sets.

I think that the armours should be lower level though, since I've read that there are so many 50 sets already, and I can see where they're coming from. The quest seems more interesting than usual (I like how for Gurgox you need an orb right before you kill him). Also interesting how its more mob specific (Lesser Djinns only, to mini-bosses only, to bosses only, and even a normal mob only). It's definitely something new, hence my more than usual interest (I'm not really a quester ).

I don't really find the added Daily Quests attractive though. I already do the BS Dailys if I remember, and never for the FH Dailys, so these added new Daily Quests didn't really add anything for me since they reward the same as FH ones anyway.

Overall, I like this town. The only downside that I have is that it was released after I was over the town level (45-50). Had it been here during the appropriate cap, I would have been very engulfed by it. This was one of the towns that I actually wanted to do the quests in too, and not do them just for the sake of having them complete on my avatar page.

PS: The str mystery armours are almost as good as the 55 pinks Far from tanking ability, but it has good hit on it, and has more HS than a normal fury :P
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 03-08-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I like the way the new armour looks color-wise. It looks more suited for BS, IMO, and the jewels for Desert from Aliens :P

I think that the armours should be lower level though, since I've read that there are so many 50 sets already, and I can see where they're coming from. The quest seems more interesting than usual (I like how for Gurgox you need an orb right before you kill him). Also interesting how its more mob specific (Lesser Djinns only, to mini-bosses only, to bosses only, and even a normal mob only). It's definitely something new, hence my more than usual interest (I'm not really a quester ).

I don't really find the added Daily Quests attractive though. I already do the BS Dailys if I remember, and never for the FH Dailys, so these added new Daily Quests didn't really add anything for me since they reward the same as FH ones anyway.

Overall, I like this town. The only downside that I have is that it was released after I was over the town level (45-50). Had it been here during the appropriate cap, I would have been very engulfed by it. This was one of the towns that I actually wanted to do the quests in too, and not do them just for the sake of having them complete on my avatar page.

PS: The str mystery armours are almost as good as the 55 pinks Far from tanking ability, but it has good hit on it, and has more HS than a normal fury :P
    And that is why I made a thread about too many sets around lv50

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    And that is why I made a thread about too many sets around lv50
    Yeah, I misunderstood it by getting that there's too many types of sets (dagger+wing, bow, gun, talon+wing) instead of many kinds of sets (R/V/C - Shadows - normal Ao3 pinks) .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    no more rehashing of old items please
    maybe the towne can be a little smaller, and perhaps more clarity with crafting, as i still dont really know what to do after collecting all the items from the quest
    I agree, crafting should be clearer in-game. It seems that we need to come to the forums to find out how to craft. I would like to be able to look at a recipe in my inventory and see what I need and where to get it. Just seeing a name of the recipe doesn't really make me want to pursue crafting it.

Also, it seems like crafting ingredients take up space in our inventory. Is that really necessary? I have enough trouble keeping my number low enough with my equipment -- now I have to worry about the crafting items taking up space, too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I wish the sets were level 45. It would
    Be sick To go running around on my lvl 45 archer in full mystery.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about a new vanity as a quest reward?
    They should make an emote for "swoon" the ladies can use whenever I enter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's a thought: Drop the level of the terrible AO pinks down by 5 or so. That way, people will have a reason to collect those (because they're maybe better than AO2 gear but still not better than any of the Level 50 stuff). I was kind of disappointed in the new crafted equipment, too...I was hoping for a set that I would actually want to wear. Looking over the stats, it seems like I'd be better protected wearing Cosmos II on my mage.

On the new Towne, I'm very happy with it overall. It's a little empty for just 25 people, but the museum is a great start. I, for one, would like to see some stuff in there to actually make it look like a museum (display cases, maybe a giant alien fossil or something). I'm really looking forward to getting through all of the quests when I get big enough on my bird.

Still no equipment that I can a) actually get and b) would actually want to wear if I did. I'm sure this is for game balance reasons...but I'm still miffed. I'm still holding out hope that crafting will eventually become crafting as well, and not overglorified item quests. In reading the article STS just posted on Facebook about their target market and pitfalls they've encountered, though, it would seem that players such as myself are in the minority: players who want more depth and less fluff overall (no offense, of course, Fluff ).

That's all I got. As much as I whine, I'm still going to pound the crap out of these quests, and then I'll probably take a week or more off until the next content update comes out. Even though I don't have a character at max level, I feel like I've hit my ceiling in PL. The rewards for doing any of the late game stuff are incredibly small for the amount of work that goes into them, and I'm not in the mood to quest for 10 hours for equipment that nets me a total of 3 more stat points (or, even worse, for equipment that is arguably worse than what I'm wearing, such as in the case of the AO crafted gear or the BS crafted gear). The reason I made a bird is because the early game stuff is extremely well paced and implemented (except for the sheer lack of bird equipment of any sort, it would seem); once you hit level 30, it seems like it's all downhill from there. The pacing goes out the window, and the skill level (if you can call it that) required to even play ramps up to the point where it's no longer fun. Plus, the rewards are more or less abysmal.

Okay...NOW I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Just seeing a name of the recipe doesn't really make me want to pursue crafting it.
    The stats don't help, either.
    Last edited by Tsarra; 03-08-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed, make the Mystery items level 45. Otherwise there is not much reason for players to want to obtain them, considering that much of the other Ao3 items are better stat-wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

AND those mystery items is the n-copy of existing items :-/

are the crafting items from ao-dailys same as the items from dailys of FH?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wrap View Post
    Agreed, make the Mystery items level 45. Otherwise there is not much reason for players to want to obtain them, considering that much of the other Ao3 items are better stat-wise.

I agree aswell. Or you can buff the stats on the new ao town items and keep them at level 50.

Otherwise I think that the town is great!!! I love the character Jones. (Indiana jones =epic win)
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

just a question, why the mystery armor is sellable and the rest not...? shoud be ALL non tradeable like cyber IMO...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    I agree aswell. Or you can buff the stats on the new ao town items and keep them at level 50.
    This is probably a better solution.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Very well constructed town and kudos to the amount and design of the quests. Not too repetitive either. I imagine for people lvl 45-50 it will be a great place to hangout, level, and score good loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I agree with making the Mystery gear a lv45 set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've noticed that more people are actually doing all, or most, of the AO levels instead of just doing keeper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The stats on the mystery gear need to go up or make them equivelent to void, death, cosmos, etc. I would like to see at least bonus stats on all the lvl 55 sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidis57 View Post
    The stats on the mystery gear need to go up or make them equivelent to void, death, cosmos, etc. I would like to see at least bonus stats on all the lvl 55 sets.
    Mystery is quest gear and is extremely easy to get. If stats are increased/equivalent, theres really no point IMO of void death cosmos etc.
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel