Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: On Elsewhere-Hosted APKs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warbux View Post
    Just a bunch of kids... i mean KIDS crying about allies and changes being made ruin it for the rest... give support give feedback and quit crying or wait til full release... I believe the customers who used the back door entrance provided ALOT of help finding bugs and made good suggestions... that alone will make the full release the best it possibly can be!
    That's such a retard logic. That statement is not for you to say. STS determined that Canada and Australia would suffice, these people who are jumping the fence are the ones who's acting like kids who can't hold their addiction to a game, pity. Got one word for them: Discipline.

PS: I hope they ban people who're illegitimately playing the game. These are breaches to the implementing guideline of STS, crucial at that. Every android user could very well play right at this moment and possibly hamper what could have been a very smooth phase just because a bunch of kids who can't wait properly instigated it. FYI, this is not a contained issue as almost everyone I know in PL are already aware of this and it'll be matter of time (maybe a couple of hours) before they all jump in to AL. I'm neither from Canada or Australia, but I could play AL too even without that APK (there are other ways, the internet is not bound by geographical limitations, only by codes) but I'm not doing it because I have enough discipline. These people are just feeling things out and waiting if there will be consequences from STS side.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-09-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

I got my first infraction :/

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

deleted..
    Last edited by Feke; 11-09-2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: pointless talking..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Feke View Post
    If someone took his/her time to search for the .apk for hours just to play for a day or two, and gave only one feedback about a bug... that person is the one who really cares about the game, not the one who got the game (no matter what way) and just rushing to get the maximum of everything from the game.
    As anyone can already play the game if really want to, You should see, that your quoted text isn't about jelausity as You may think. Everyone could get rich in the game, but some players think (ME TOO) that the Limited release wasn't given to players for that.
    As it was stated somewhere by a dev., it is made for testing the economy and the game.
    Not for you to say, there's a guideline, if you really care for the game then your role is to follow those guidelines and not to think of ways to bypass it. These players who got in the game may not be the best players but either way you have to respect STS decision. This is all about having rules and following those rules, and nothing else, not about you caring the game more than the other guy. The picture is plain and simply, don't make it complicated. Again, I hope they ban these people, if this were in another game, this is insta ban, STS is just being too nice now.

PS: I quoted your post before you deleted it.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-09-2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

People who do not live in Canada or Australia, who installed the .apk and played the game should be punished. Don't buy the cute "I heard from someone that it was ok." Line, we all know who STS intended to play in this limited release. I can't speak for other countries, but I know the US is full of cheats and scammers who have no honor.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

They should find everyone who did it and PERMA BAN THEM ALL! no exceptions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quite funny, I personally PM'd Sam asking if he would like to Beta test (As I have a lot of experience with bugs, knowing how to post them for the best possible solution/fix. Have experience in their titles, and a big "fund" rasier of their cause. Reproducing them to close to 100% before posting etc)

Sam said that he appreciated the gesture, however preferred if less experienced/new player/members that haven't played any of the titles before did so. This suggests to me that StS aren't exactly looking for bug testing, and if so they should have stayed in the Beta stage, not releasing to Cana/Aus = Leak.

So who ever are joining are playing and dropping the odd bug/suggestion. If StS based all use around this they would have had a lot more "bug testing" going on, helping to release the game sooner.

Who ever the "insiders" are seem to be breaking things that never needed fixing in the first place. (Especially taking any kind of "Hardcore/Elite" out of the game.

@Talk about it being against ToS etc, members have PM'd "certain" dev's asking if it was okay to do so, and the response was "no problem".
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-09-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    That's such a retard logic. That statement is not for you to say. STS determined that Canada and Australia would suffice, these people who are jumping the fence are the ones who's acting like kids who can't hold their addiction to a game, pity. Got one word for them: Discipline.

PS: I hope they ban people who're illegitimately playing the game. These are breaches to the implementing guideline of STS, crucial at that. Every android user could very well play right at this moment and possibly hamper what could have been a very smooth phase just because a bunch of kids who can't wait properly instigated it. FYI, this is not a contained issue as almost everyone I know in PL are already aware of this and it'll be matter of time (maybe a couple of hours) before they all jump in to AL. I'm neither from Canada or Australia, but I could play AL too even without that APK (there are other ways, the internet is not bound by geographical limitations, only by codes) but I'm not doing it because I have enough discipline. These people are just feeling things out and waiting if there will be consequences from STS side.
    Why do you keep spoiling? And your post may get deleted Mister.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Why do you keep spoiling? And your post may get deleted Mister.
    I already reported you for using .apk, so even if they delete my posts here, it's OK That's the least I could do to help STS filter those who uses .apk because I know it's very hard for them to check one by one Good luck!

PS: I hope people are pro-active enough as well to report similar people who uses .apk...doesn't matter if they get banned or not (a ban would be preferred though)...making a point is enough It's all about following the guidelines and helping STS identify the bad apples because STS can't see everything. Start the game community right fellas, with proper mindset They say we wait, let's wait.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-09-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Alright, seems this is a battle of the high horses, so let me mount mine.

*ahem*

First of all, growwle, you need to watch what you say about America, because you need to check your own closet before you start saying crap about others. The fact that it was released in Canada and Australia wasn't because you deserve it, it was because they FELT the more non-experienced ones were in those locations. Malware can come from any country bud, and anyone can scam, so you need to re-word that statement. You're getting way too excited with your moral logic there.

Secondly, a number of people have already spoken to moderators about developers about the leaked apk, and there isn't a rule in the TERMS OF SERVICE saying you couldn't play it. All they said was it was being released in that area, for an experiment they're conducting, and having too many players bypassing the restriction isn't good for that experiment.

No use being a goody two-shoes reporting someone for not doing anything wrong, and speaking as if you're entitled to the game. Ok you got it first, we understand, if players complain about being unable to get it first, it isn't your duty to tell them they don't deserve it.

So please, stop speaking like you all break no rules and do no wrong. This is just an overspill of anticipation, so... enough.
    Last edited by Aeroflame; 11-09-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: moar rage >.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    I can't speak for other countries, but I know the US is full of cheats and scammers who have no honor.
    Ignorant statements like this make you look very low rent.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I already reported you for using .apk, so even if they delete my posts here, it's OK That's the least I could do to help STS filter those who uses .apk because I know it's very hard for them to check one by one Good luck!

PS: I hope people are pro-active enough as well to report similar people who uses .apk...doesn't matter if they get banned or not (a ban would be preferred though)...making a point is enough It's all about following the guidelines and helping STS identify the bad apples because STS can't see everything. Start the game community right fellas, with proper mindset They say we wait, let's wait.
    Lol made my day xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Ignorant statements like this make you look very low rent.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top-Hat-Guy-meme.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	19843

mmhmm yes yes indeed v_v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroflame View Post
    Alright, seems this is a battle of the high horses, so let me mount mine.

*ahem*

First of all, growwle, you need to watch what you say about America, because you need to check your own closet before you start saying crap about others. The fact that it was released in Canada and Australia wasn't because you deserve it, it was because they FELT the more non-experienced ones were in those locations. Malware can come from any country bud, and anyone can scam, so you need to re-word that statement. You're getting way too excited with your moral logic there.

Secondly, a number of people have already spoken to moderators about developers about the leaked apk, and there isn't a rule in the TERMS OF SERVICE saying you couldn't play it. All they said was it was being released in that area, for an experiment they're conducting, and having too many players bypassing the restriction isn't good for that experiment.

No use being a goody two-shoes reporting someone for not doing anything wrong, and speaking as if you're entitled to the game. Ok you got it first, we understand, if players complain about being unable to get it first, it isn't your duty to tell them they don't deserve it.

So please, stop speaking like you all break no rules and do no wrong. This is just an overspill of anticipation, so... enough.
    There are 4 rules in ToS that I think these people using .apk violated, you don't need to be a developer to understand what it says. But it's entirely up to them what actions they'll take, I'm just saying, because it's unfair that I'm observing it when these people are violating it (I might as well violate it too if that's the case). Just for the sake of discussion. But as far as violations, you need to read the ToS again Here let me quote them for you.

* hacks, modifies or otherwise makes use of cheats, mods, automation software (bots) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the game experience;

* imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service or otherwise interferes with any Game

* uses or possesses programs to 'crack' the Spacetime Applications, including its software or other Internet security tools;

* acts in any way which Spacetime deems harmful to Spacetime's integrity or business.

How obvious can it be? you're practically cracking AL (check), you're giving STS unreasonable load when you're not supposed to (check), your account is high risk for key loggers therefore compromising the integrity of your account which is the property of STS (check), and used a third party software unauthorized and you more than modify the game, you cracked the game wide open (check). I'm not sure if you were referring to me, but I did report someone, and I'll be assuming you are referring to me (if not, ignore the next part) and I'm far from being a goody two-shoes I am entitled to the game what are you talking about? I'm a customer too, and that's the reason why we have report functions, right? I'm not telling anyone they don't deserve to play, I'm telling them they violated the ToS, I'm not playing police, do it all you want, I'm just saying I'm reporting you if you do it (I'm just saying I'll call you out if you do it and report you, but do it, go ahead , let's just say, this is is how I like to roll atm). Play all you want if you're from Canada or Australia, no problemo Anyways, If you're not using .apk, there's no issue right Are you using .apk?
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-09-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

* hacks, modifies or otherwise makes use of cheats, mods, automation software (bots) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the game experience;

* imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service or otherwise interferes with any Game

* uses or possesses programs to 'crack' the Spacetime Applications, including its software or other Internet security tools;

* acts in any way which Spacetime deems harmful to Spacetime's integrity or business.
    1. The game is not hacked, there is no cheat.
    2. There is no load imposed on sts or any game. And the fact that devs give an explanation as to why it isn't released proves that there is nothing unreasonable about it.
    3. There is no "crack" to the game. No one is modifying THE GAME, no one is tampering with its software or tools. The ones who released it would have been at fault even if you wanna follow that logic.
    4. Spacetime isn't stupid. If it found it harmful, devs would've banned anyone who's openly admitted to it.

This has nothing to do with me, I've already stated my opinion and left it as is. It's not your place to do their job.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeroflame For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Oh crap. Leaked apk?? Sweeeet

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Whiners = infraction
    Apk leakers = ban
    Everyone else = nothing

Problem solved. Thread closed.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroflame View Post
    1. The game is not hacked, there is no cheat.
    2. There is no load imposed on sts or any game. And the fact that devs give an explanation as to why it isn't released proves that there is nothing unreasonable about it.
    3. There is no "crack" to the game. No one is modifying THE GAME, no one is tampering with its software or tools. The ones who released it would have been at fault even if you wanna follow that logic.
    4. Spacetime isn't stupid. If it found it harmful, devs would've banned anyone who's openly admitted to it.

This has nothing to do with me, I've already stated my opinion and left it as is. It's not your place to do their job.
    1. I didn't say there was a hack/cheat, it's the use of unauthorized third party program.
    2. Since the person accessing it is not "welcome" that makes him an unreasonable load.
    3. This is the nearest in the ToS I could find where it refers to a player intentionally bypassing the implementing guidelines, that's why I said "practically", it means by application you're using an .apk file which are basically just series of applications so you can gain access to the game. It's a leak. Technically, that's not cracking true, but it's very close to it in intent since it involves bypassing the intention of STS to subdue traffic anywhere except Canada and Australia. Sometimes, the spirit is more important than the superficial.
    4. That's what we're about to find out, right? This thread is a "warning" why would Redstapler even make this thread if it wasn't harmful. Take notice.

Again, are you using .apk? If not, then we don't have to discuss anything really. If you're using .apk, then I'll simply report you using my points above. If you're not, then...nothing to talk about.

PS: LOL @ Astrocat, liking everything that says it's legit to use .apk man we could be friends, you're a character.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-09-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

1. I didn't say there was a hack/cheat, it's the use of unauthorized third party program.
    2. Since the person accessing it is not "welcome" that makes him an unreasonable load.
    3. This is the nearest in the ToS I could find where it refers to a player intentionally bypassing the implementing guidelines, that's why I said "practically", it means by application you're using an .apk file which are basically just series of applications so you can gain access to the game. It's a leak. Technically, that's not cracking true, but it's very close to it in intent since it involves bypassing the intention of STS to subdue traffic anywhere except Canada and Australia. Sometimes, the spirit is more important than the superficial.
    4. That's what we're about to find out, right? This thread is a "warning" why would Redstapler even make this thread if it wasn't harmful. Take notice.

Again, are you using .apk? If not, then we don't have to discuss anything really. If you're using .apk, then I'll simply report you using my points above. If you're not, then...nothing to talk about.

Why so serious? Calm down there bro

Thundarr lvl 15 warrior
    Midas lvl 12 sorcerer
    Guinevere lvl 12 rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

If you're using .apk, then I'll simply report you using my points above.
    Lol. You're sucking up a bit too hard.

Let's make it SPARKLE!