Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changing the PvP Scene!!! An initiative by <Pride>

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Some random thoughts not directed to anybody in particular, just some commentary to the mood the thread has taken.

1) As many Pride members have mentioned it is in fact impossible to control every guild member.

2) if you derailed from your team and got nuked, its not ganging, it's you thinking you're Rambo and paying the price.

3) every major pvp guild has a lot of glory hunters, the first few days of Deathwish I laughed and shook my head at people who sucked 1-1 but joined and relied on numbers (Many in DW are/were excellent pvpers -1-1)

4) not everything in life comes down to jealousy

5) to make pvp fun something that helps is actually being nice. Not taunting and actually Saying "gf" after an encounter will do wonders for the mood. Ive played really loopsided fights against me and it has been impossible to rage because the ppl joke around and are complimentary and nice. Or simply give tips.

It's not the same getting murdered by a silent killing machine (which will be perceived as a jerk) than somebody who seems actually human and simply playing/having fun.

6) before you scream "gang" at anybody think back, did you gang them first at some point? Plenty of people like to gang ignorant to the fact that not everyone forgets and some people will repay the favor and some do several times and even forever.

Sons of the Jarl were massive gangers (not even sure if they exist anymore) but they never complained when it was done to them. So, if you're a chronic ganger (regardless of guild) know it will eventually happen to you and find a way to cope with it.

7) pvp can get personal fast, any game where you are pitted toe to toe vs another human being will get personal. If you find yourself getting in a bad mood, take a break and go do something IRL or in the PVE. Side of things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fauksuras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    Some random thoughts not directed to anybody in particular, just some commentary to the mood the thread has taken.

1) As many Pride members have mentioned it is in fact impossible to control every guild member.

2) if you derailed from your team and got nuked, its not ganging, it's you thinking you're Rambo and paying the price.

3) every major pvp guild has a lot of glory hunters, the first few days of Deathwish I laughed and shook my head at people who sucked 1-1 but joined and relied on numbers (Many in DW are/were excellent pvpers -1-1)

4) not everything in life comes down to jealousy

5) to make pvp fun something that helps is actually being nice. Not taunting and actually Saying "gf" after an encounter will do wonders for the mood. Ive played really loopsided fights against me and it has been impossible to rage because the ppl joke around and are complimentary and nice. Or simply give tips.

It's not the same getting murdered by a silent killing machine (which will be perceived as a jerk) than somebody who seems actually human and simply playing/having fun.

6) before you scream "gang" at anybody think back, did you gang them first at some point? Plenty of people like to gang ignorant to the fact that not everyone forgets and some people will repay the favor and some do several times and even forever.

Sons of the Jarl were massive gangers (not even sure if they exist anymore) but they never complained when it was done to them. So, if you're a chronic ganger (regardless of guild) know it will eventually happen to you and find a way to cope with it.

7) pvp can get personal fast, any game where you are pitted toe to toe vs another human being will get personal. If you find yourself getting in a bad mood, take a break and go do something IRL or in the PVE. Side of things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Awesome reply. Thank you.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>