Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: On Disconnects, Planar Tombs, Re-Patching and other things

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

As in most games of an MMO nature, there is some content that is designed for more hardcore, end game players and other content that is a bit more easily digestible by everyone. This is stab at more hardcore and intense content.

We are reading the initial responses and feedback regarding Tombs content, however they are not the entire picture. We're going to go over the accumulated feedback in addition to in game metrics to discuss any potential changes to the content. We are refraining from any knee-jerk reactions based on initial forum feedback until we get a bit more information and additional feedback.

Players are forming strategies, and experimenting with different pet setups to take on the content, so we're excited to see what develops over the next few days!

Thanks for your patience everyone,
    Carapace
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Buying plat should be optional, when a player decides to actually buy some this should make his gameplay a better experience. From the planar tombs way back to the planar arena spending plat has become a obligation if you want a minimal playable game experience. If we have to play contents this frustrating i suggest to put back the mythics and arcanes in the apposite locked grand crates of the watch instead of feeding us this fake free to get fossils and mythic amulets. At least when everything was locked based farming and running elites was still a acceptable challenge covered with fun and a less plat sucker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    As in most games of an MMO nature, there is some content that is designed for more hardcore, end game players and other content that is a bit more easily digestible by everyone. This is stab at more hardcore and intense content.
    Does your definition of hardcore players include ability to deal out a lot of money to buy ankhs? Is there no room in this tomb for decently geared legendary players with enough experience to strategize? Is it wise to exclude the majority of end game players from this tomb and the mythic pendant quest? As it is the way I see it most players, and I'm talking about those without arcane rings, arcane pets, mythic weapons (although it seems to me even the players with these items are struggling in the new tomb) will see the tomb as an ankh sink, eating up all the hard earned gold they made, leaving them to the vicious cycle of farm-buy ankhs-spend in tomb-get broke-farm again... And for what? There isn't any immediately profitable item to strive for. At least elite zones drop something of immediate value. Exactly how is this kind of experience rewarding?

But again, my main issue is the way this tomb further divides the player base between the top tier geared and the majority legendary players, between those prepared to pay for those revives and those who would be lucky if they can have enough pots to run an elite map. If even Kalizzaa and Zeus are considering quitting the game over this new content, how would you think the majority of players feel about this? I should think that any new addition to the game should provide new experience and opportunity for players to learn and better themselves. Not exclude them and make them feel inadequate.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 11-13-2014 at 08:40 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Does your definition of hardcore players include ability to deal out a lot of money to buy ankhs? Is there no room in this tomb for decently geared legendary players with enough experience to strategize? Is it wise to exclude the majority of end game players from this tomb and the mythic pendant quest? As it is the way I see it most players, and I'm talking about those without arcane rings, arcane pets, mythic weapons (although it seems to me even the players with these items are struggling in the new tomb) will see the tomb as an ankh sink, eating up all the hard earned gold they made, leaving them to the vicious cycle of farm-buy ankhs-spend in tomb-get broke-farm again... And for what? There isn't any immediately profitable item to strive for. At least elite zones drop something of immediate value. Exactly how is this kind of experience rewarding?

But again, my main issue is the way this tomb further divides the player base between the top tier geared and the majority legendary players, between those prepared to pay for those revives and those who would be lucky if they can have enough pots to run an elite map. If even Kalizzaa and Zeus are considering quitting the game over this new content, how would you think the majority of players feel about this? I should think that any new addition to the game should provide new experience and opportunity for players to learn and better themselves. Not exclude them and make them feel inadequate.
    This. I don't mind if more people get good gear, or if more people are able to farmm or if gold prices go down, or if the mythic amulet isn't excusive to only the very richest tier of players who already have everything anyway. People don't want to spend months alone trying to find groups for old content... People want to play with their friends. Not all end game players are fully equipped some have been playing for months and its unfair to just box them off as uncommitted or unworthy of playing new content.. they have waited just as long as us for something new and exciting.

I'm in a guild where well geared and averagely geared players are all mixed up, and there is no discrimination between who we play with at all which I love. Content which is only (just) playable for the OP doesn't make me happy because I want to play with my friends, and I don't want who I'm friends with to be based on gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

We are reading the initial responses and feedback regarding Tombs content, however they are not the entire picture. We're going to go over the accumulated feedback in addition to in game metrics to discuss any potential changes to the content. We are refraining from any knee-jerk reactions based on initial forum feedback until we get a bit more information and additional feedback.

Players are forming strategies, and experimenting with different pet setups to take on the content, so we're excited to see what develops over the next few days!

Thanks for your patience everyone,
    Carapace
    We really want to see a youtube video of you and sam and null pwning tombs3. I mean, as the devs you should be the most hard core end game players in existance. Please enlighten us! We are all so noob.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    You summoned me?

Edit: My 1st pure attempt and at tombs 2 boss i used like 10 healing potions.
    Mad congrats!
    I assume you are ringed, correct?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?