Thread: Bears are underwhelming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update: Finally decided to actually take some time to level and got my bear to 45+. I've been solo tanking crush runs just fine. It's debatable as to whether or not using beckon to clump mobs for enchantresses to aoe actually helps the group kill faster. I've finally maxed debuffs and against normal bosses (aside from mynas) it's pretty sick as you basically take 0 damage tanking. Spam debuffs and like evade, I assume they last a certain duration and stack. Also, helps alot against mynas who without debuffs can 1-2 shot me but with debuffs takes 4-5 hits. The only really great thing I've found though, is that you can tank and set up whole rooms for your group to AoE. For example, the black alien room that spawns mynas can be pulled all at once with all defensive buffs up + spam taunt through the halls and you pull to your mages killing 20-30 mobs at once. I don't know if other classes can do it as well without taunt. Anyways, that's my input. There's not much point tanking small groups, but tanks played correctly (massive armor + pulling ridiculous amounts of mobs at once) can make parties move much faster. Too bad it's pretty situational as mobs start to return to their positions if you train them too far - otherwise you'd see tanks pulling entire zones and everyone aoeing at the final boss (that'd be pretty sick if you could).

Oh yeah...and seriously, can they make the heal dispell debuffs or at least heal based on our weapon damage? WTF is the point of that spell. -_-
    Last edited by blehz; 02-19-2011 at 02:48 AM.